Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i help my kittens get along with a new kitten?

Options
  • 09-02-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Ok so here is the story.
    About 7ish months ago 3 cute balls of fluff were born under the decking out my back. I kept 2 of the kittens and my mate took the 3rd kitten.

For the next 5-6 weeks my mate cant keep his kitten in the house so i am minding it for him.

My mates kitten name: Indy (female)
    My 2 kittens are Little dude :D (male) and Daisy (female)

Now i expected some fighting between my 2 kittens and Indy but i also expected the fighting to relax over the course of a few days.

The first day it was indy and daisy stalking each other and getting in a few hissing competitions but they didnt actually fight.
    Im ok with them facing off like this because i think it has to happen for them to establish who is the boss. Correct me if i am wrong.

Little dude didnt care about indy at first but lastnight he was going all in on the hissing competitions. But the claws are coming out a bit more now and little dude is taking some swipes at indy.

Indy is getting so wound up about my 2 kittens she has lashed out at me a few times, my hands show the battle scars.

Is their anything i can do to try relax indy or even to help indy, daisy and little dude get along? Caus i dont think my hands can take much more of it, lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

You could try rubbing Indy down with a towel then rubbing that towel over the other two kitties to get them used to her smell. I've heard this suggested before although it never worked on my two who are sworn enemies despite living under the same roof. Kittens may be easier fooled though!!

Good luck.

Little dude's a great name. Any pics of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Cool, i will give that a shot later tonight. Even if it doesn't work i gotta try something at least.

Ah when little dude was tiny and i could hold him on one hand i was always petting him and saying "hey little dude" haha! So that just became his name :D

I actually had pics up of them when i first got them, its on another thread i had made when i had just gotten them. Although that was 7 months ago. Little dude is now FAR from little! :D

Advertisement