Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piano exercieses

Options
  • 09-02-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Someone told me ages ago about a set of excercises (the name starts with D) that will help with dexterity but after googling I can't figure out what they were. I'm working on some Hanon, and usual scales etc but this was a small thing that seemed great at the time but now I've forgotten it :(

Does anyone know the ones I'm talking about? Thanks :)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Havent heard of it but I'll ask my piano teacher. She hasnt mentioned them to me though and she's not a "classical" piano teacher, she's just a very good session pianist who happens to have a good teaching approach (imho)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

hey, thanks so much for your reply. I actually found out yesterday- Dohnanyi exercises. I got hold of a few & they are a b*tch! but helpful, i would recommend, in small doses!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Great, thanks for the info. I am going to video the scales exercises my teacher made me do (and which I can still do backwards... literally!).

Lets us know how you get on as there are a few of us struggling with this wretched torture machine :):p

DeV.

Advertisement