Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay Lite ** Merged **

• 09-02-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I love all these 30 day contracts that are coming out lately on the various networks. brilliant if you usually buy your phone SIM free or whatever and really aren't interested in upgrades or contracts.

I really like the look of that contract too at first glance. Tenner a month for free Meteor SMS and 60 minutes. Throw in a data addon (assuming you can get it on this plan) and it's not a bad deal for twenty quid a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

You'll have to peel me off it if you can get the data add-on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The offer is as follows, just to break it down.

10e per month
    60 minutes of calls
    Free Meteor to Meteor Texts
    Outside of Bundle Rates are:
    5c Meteor to Meteor
    20c other networks
    9c texts other networks

You can get any of the international, text or data bundles (bar unlimited) with it.

OUt of bundle costs Meteor to Meteor calls are 20c / min no ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

very good point Random. We were informed that it was simply the Talk 60(04) plan at a €10 discount. Talk 60(04) is 5c meteor to meteor call outside of bundle. Your post is the first i've seen to the contrary, i'll have to get clarification in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Random wrote: »
    OUt of bundle costs Meteor to Meteor calls are 20c / min no ???

How much as calls to landlines, mobiles, voice mail and is there a minimum connection charge?

How much as calls to landlines, mobiles, voice mail and is there a minimum connection charge?
    It's not very clear really ... or at all.

Who cares ? With the tenner a month addon I can kick my 3 SIM in the goolies and go back down to ... 2 phones !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Voice Mail - Free

Calls to Landlines - 20c*

Calls to Mobiles - 20c*

Calls to Meteor - 5c*

No minimum connection charge

I would guess that the website is a typo. Calls to Meteor after the 60 minutes are used are definitely 5c.

*After allowance is used

chrislad wrote: »
    Voice Mail - Free

Calls to Landlines - 20c*

Calls to Mobiles - 20c*

Calls to Meteor - 5c*

No minimum connection charge

I would guess that the website is a typo. Calls to Meteor after the 60 minutes are used are definitely 5c.

*After allowance is used
    Do you have a source for this info that you can link to? (I know you work for Meteor). The website really should have this info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

This pleases me. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

give me free any network texts instead and i would be there! Even if it was for €15 or with less minutes for €10

But well done Meteor, really getting peoples attention with this offer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

i am very tempted. Chris can you confirm those prices?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    i am very tempted. Chris can you confirm those prices?

i just got confirmation that meteor to meteor calls are 5c per minute outside your 60 mins. the site will be changed today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Its great to see what offers the networks can bring out when times are tough. We really have been screwed over the last few years. These 30 day rolling contracts will be the way of the future me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dub0605

i am currently on the €20 a month tariff and when i heard bout this on the radio i couldnt believe it. i am paying an extra €10 a month for pretty much the same!!!! did you know that with prepay if you topup €20 a month you can get free calls AND txts to any meteor numbers, then you have your €20 to spend on calls and txts to other networks. for people who only really txt and phone meteor numbers i think this is the way to go. prepay seems to get better deals than bill pay!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lucky2b5

anyone have any opinions on meteors new bill pay lite contract. its basically a contract you can leave with 30 days notice, a min payment of €10 per month.........you get 60 free mins and free meteor to meteor texts, its sim only so no phone subsidised with it. Extra mins are 20c after the 60 used up. Is this a good deal or a rip off designed to get people to sign up and go over their sixty mins, was going to sign up but not sure what to do????????

My first impressions was that you could easily go over your minutes and end up with a more than €10 bill, if you stay within in the allocation it looks like a very good offer...

If you were afraid of a big bill a safer bet would be 3's swing both ways, €25pm get you free texts to all networks, 100 free minutes and 100 free 3 to 3 minutes, it's capped at €25 so if you go over your allowance you have to top it up like a pay as you go phone....you also get a discont on a phone, the meteor offer is for a sim only...

there's a whole thread about it if you scroll down a bit...

Edit:

here's the thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055484015

it's a good deal. After the 60 minutes are used up meteor to meteor calls are 5c, only off net calls are 20c which is still better than pre pay.

It's the same as the old talk 60 tariff and the only real drawback to that was that it was 60 minutes for 20 instead of 10.

It's bill pay so you have to watch your spend but you can keep track on the phone and online.

One important thing about it (yet to be 100% confirmed) is that you can get the internet add ons

If you text mostly and text a lot off net the pre pay offer with free texts to all networks might be better but calls are more expensive both to meteor and off net

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    One important thing about it (yet to be 100% confirmed) is that you can get the internet add ons

there's no issues with add ons, they can be applied just like any tariff. it is just the original Talk 60 tariff now at a €10 discount on sim only

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    there's no issues with add ons, they can be applied just like any tariff. it is just the original Talk 60 tariff now at a 10 discount on sim only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

i am on the talk 60 plan at the moment.

i only text meteor numbers and rarely other networks....

i hardly ever call other networks.

so am i correct in thinking that changing to this plan is a no brainer :confused:

also can i change straight away , im only on bill since august.

I've merged the 2 threads on this topic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

2 questions:

1) are those prices inclusive or exclusive of VAT?

2) is there a minimum call duration for the inclusive minutes? or can i make 3600 one second calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

do the 60 minutes carry on to the next month if you don't use em?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

no they dont carry over

thats a bit of a pisser.

i'd change but i dunno if i would even use the 60 minutes. it will be like now when i buy the 1gb add-on for 3 - uploading torrents on the 31st of the month to 'finish off' any unused mbs. except this time i`ll be annoying randomers

towel401 wrote: »
    thats a bit of a pisser.

in fairness, do any network let you carry over minutes month to month these days ?

long_b wrote: »
    in fairness, do any network let you carry over minutes month to month these days ?

I don't know do they? I don't think so...do even any business plans let you do this...

• Advertisement

it used to be all the rage long ago. i remember a teacher telling me she was on a 10 pound a month plan and she only used up 7 of her 10 minutes. in 2000 i think

Advertisement