Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay Lite ** Merged **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

im also quite tempted here...

Couple of questions on how the included minutes work..
    Do calls to voice mail count on included minutes.
    Do calls to fixed rate numbers (1850) count on included minutes.

Infact, are there fixed rate number on billpay.. I know on prepay its 30c a call for 1850, and something similar for 1890.
    When calling one of those numbers you could be on hold for ages.
    If calling them used up minutes it would be pretty crap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

No they're free

No but lots of services have landline equivalents you can use, eg aib is 016670024. Take a look at www.saynoto1890.com

Infact, are there fixed rate number on billpay.. I know on prepay its 30c a call for 1850, and something similar for 1890.
    If calling them used up minutes it would be pretty crap

1850 is 30c per call not per minute so it wouldn't matter how long you were on. 1890 is 15c per minute. And those calls are always charged whether you have minutes left or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Take a look at www.saynoto1890.com

another Gem of a money saver....

No they're free

No but lots of services have landline equivalents you can use, eg aib is 016670024. Take a look at www.saynoto1890.com

If calling them used up minutes it would be pretty crap

1850 is 30c per call not per minute so it wouldn't matter how long you were on. 1890 is 15c per minute. And those calls are always charged whether you have minutes left or not

Oh.. Thats good.
    Id actually prefer to be charged 30c for the call, especially if you're gonna end up on hold for ages.
    I'm quite tempted now...

• Advertisement

mathew wrote: »
    Oh.. Thats good.
    Id actually prefer to be charged 30c for the call, especially if you're gonna end up on hold for ages.
    I'm quite tempted now...

Just to be clear that that is the standard rate for 1850 on meteor and if you're on pre pay you're already paying the same rate. So that rate isn't specifically a reason to switch, it's just not a reason not to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Could someone paint me with info on what kind of data packages are included in this deal?Looks tempting already but with a nice data plan it could turn out to be irresistible!

Could someone paint me with info on what kind of data packages are included in this deal?Looks tempting already but with a nice data plan it could turn out to be irresistible!

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/add_ons/data_add_ons/

chrislad wrote: »
    You can get any of the international, text or data bundles (bar unlimited) with it.

The way you say that it sounds to me like there are a few options for data add ons. Are there not only the 250mb one and the unlimited (10gb) one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

anyone on Meteor prepay who accesses the internet would want to think before they switch. The €10 data bundle is only the equivalent of 5 days prepay internet access - so this bundle is double the cost of what you would get on prepay. The unlimited bundle for €30 may be too much for most people.

My current usage is about 8-10 days a month (using close to the 50mb limit per day) so that's 8-10 euro a month on internet access (upto 500mb). I don't need anymore than that for now, so the unlimited bundle is too much, and the 250mb bundle too little.

There really needs to be an intermediate data bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

jmccrohan wrote: »
    2 questions:

1) are those prices inclusive or exclusive of VAT?

2) is there a minimum call duration for the inclusive minutes? or can i make 3600 one second calls?
    Any answers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Controversial.
    ablelocks wrote: »
    anyone on Meteor prepay who accesses the internet would want to think before they switch. The €10 data bundle is only the equivalent of 5 days prepay internet access - so this bundle is double the cost of what you would get on prepay.

Like a lot of users I browse every weekday.I would definitely be charged 99c/day on Prepay, but most days I wouldn,'t get near 50 MB.
    So for me it works out at half the price per month, provided I do any media downloading at home,

Would agree about wanting a meatier limit though.

Just to be clear that that is the standard rate for 1850 on meteor and if you're on pre pay you're already paying the same rate. So that rate isn't specifically a reason to switch, it's just not a reason not to :)

ye.. if it wasn't on bill pay aswel I wouldn't even consider switching..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

anyone on Meteor prepay who accesses the internet would want to think before they switch. The €10 data bundle is only the equivalent of 5 days prepay internet access - so this bundle is double the cost of what you would get on prepay. The unlimited bundle for €30 may be too much for most people.

My current usage is about 8-10 days a month (using close to the 50mb limit per day) so that's 8-10 euro a month on internet access (upto 500mb). I don't need anymore than that for now, so the unlimited bundle is too much, and the 250mb bundle too little.

you can only get the 250mb data add on, unlimited is reserved for Talk 400 and above.

all prices are inclusive of VAT, always have been on meteor

i'm unsure of the minimum call charge, afaik there is none on bill pay, just the new crap pre-pay one

That really depends on your usage. If you use it any more than ten days it costs more and i'd say most people who use it more than once a year would use it more than ten days a month

And in the ten days you used it it's very unlikely you got anywhere near 250 mb

Personally i use it every day but don't use a lot of data so if i was using it on meteor it'd cost 29.70 a month for about 10mb of data. The 250 bundle would be great for me

You're right though, there should be an intermediate bundle

Actually scratch that, they should be giving 1gb for a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Never been on bill pay before so this will seem like a stupid question! How exactly does this work? Do you pay 17c per min for the 60 minutes included in the bundle or do you have 60 free minutes and i got it totally wrong!

mad.mike wrote: »
    Never been on bill pay before so this will seem like a stupid question! How exactly does this work? Do you pay 17c per min for the 60 minutes included in the bundle or do you have 60 free minutes and i got it totally wrong!

You don't pay 17c per minute, that's just the equivalent price. You have 60 minutes included and when you've used them up you start to pay for each minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

60 mins free:D

ah yes, that actually makes sense. I'd move over to it now just i'm expecting 50 euro credit soon for doing the broadband trial! Any inside information on that will happen to this plan come the end of march? Will it disappear or will it just double in price?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

That really depends on your usage. If you use it any more than ten days it costs more and i'd say most people who use it more than once a year would use it more than ten days a month

And in the ten days you used it it's very unlikely you got anywhere near 250 mb

Personally i use it every day but don't use a lot of data so if i was using it on meteor it'd cost 29.70 a month for about 10mb of data. The 250 bundle would be great for me

You're right though, there should be an intermediate bundle

sorry I should have clarified - I don't have broadband in the area where I live, so I use it for occasional internet access thru my laptop, so in data terms I use 49.5mb anytime I use it.

sorry I should have clarified - I don't have broadband in the area where I live, so I use it for occasional internet access thru my laptop, so in data terms I use 49.5mb anytime I use it.

Ah i see. It's not very useful for that

Hi, this really is a question for anyone who works in meteor, what is going to be their policy on giving out unlock codes to people on this plan?

I ask this because I plan on selling my current phone in the next few weeks and want to get as much money as possible for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Hi, this really is a question for anyone who works in meteor, what is going to be their policy on giving out unlock codes to people on this plan?

I ask this because I plan on selling my current phone in the next few weeks and want to get as much money as possible for it.

its sim only i think

towel401 wrote: »
    its sim only i think

I know yeah. So i'm on meteor pay as you go at the moment and plan on moving to bill pay lite bringing my current phone with me. What will the criteria be to get the phone unlocked when on bill pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's no need for a policy, as has been stated, it's a sim only contract. You don't get a phone. If you have a Meteor phone, the bill pay lite sim will work fine in it. If you are moving from another network, you need to speak to them, as Meteor aren't responsible for unlocking those.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

There's no need for a policy, as has been stated, it's a sim only contract. You don't get a phone. If you have a Meteor phone, the bill pay lite sim will work fine in it. If you are moving from another network, you need to speak to them, as Meteor aren't responsible for unlocking those.
    I think what he is saying is that he currently has a meteor prepay phone.

He wants to move to bill pay lite, but wont have built up sufficient credit on the account to unlock the phone before he moves.

When will he get the phone unlocked?

if you havn't built up enough credit, one way around it would be to buy the required amount of credit, get the phone unlocked then switch any credit left will go towards your bill. at least thats what the guy in the shop told me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I think what he is saying is that he currently has a meteor prepay phone.

He wants to move to bill pay lite, but wont have built up sufficient credit on the account to unlock the phone before he moves.

When will he get the phone unlocked?

I answered that too. A Meteor PayG phone isn't locked to Meteor PayG. It's locked to Meteor as a network. A bill pay sim will work fine in a PayG phone and vice versa.

• Advertisement

I answered that too. A Meteor PayG phone isn't locked to Meteor PayG. It's locked to Meteor as a network. A bill pay sim will work fine in a PayG phone and vice versa.

thats not much good if he wants to sell it though

Advertisement