Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay Lite ** Merged **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

chrislad wrote: »
    There's no need for a policy, as has been stated, it's a sim only contract. You don't get a phone. If you have a Meteor phone, the bill pay lite sim will work fine in it. If you are moving from another network, you need to speak to them, as Meteor aren't responsible for unlocking those.

Sorry, i don't think i explained it very well, the thing is i'm on meteor payg moving to bill pay lite, also in the next few weeks i'll be buying a new phone. This will leave me with my current phone that i want to sell, but firstly i want to get it unlocked from meteor. What i wanted to know is, will it be any easier or harder to get meteor to unlock if i'm on billpay lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

mad.mike wrote: »
    Sorry, i don't think i explained it very well, the thing is i'm on meteor payg moving to bill pay lite, also in the next few weeks i'll be buying a new phone. This will leave me with my current phone that i want to sell, but firstly i want to get it unlocked from meteor. What i wanted to know is, will it be any easier or harder to get meteor to unlock if i'm on billpay lite.

Ah right. That's different. What I would do is speak with Customer Care. Ask how much credit you have spent since you got the new phone. Ask them to make a note of it on your account and confirm with them that if, for example you have 100 spent out of 130, that once your bills top 30e, that they will unlock it for you. I don't think that will be an issue as such. It's an unusual case so I would get it logged and noted before you switch over to avoid confusion in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I answered that too. A Meteor PayG phone isn't locked to Meteor PayG. It's locked to Meteor as a network. A bill pay sim will work fine in a PayG phone and vice versa.
    Meteor will work in Meteor but if he wants to switch to bill and then canx 30 days later will Meteor unlock his phone for use on O2 / Vodafone / etc? I think that's the question anyway.

++ edit - already clarified while I was typing .. too slow! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks guys, yeah i'll just give them a call and explain the situation. Hopefully there will be no problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

This looks good pity its not any network text its hard to know whos on what network these days. And a good data add on would be handy too or even a good per Mb charge like vodafone have 19c per mb.

• Advertisement

mcguyver wrote: »
    This looks good pity its not any network text its hard to know whos on what network these days. And a good data add on would be handy too or even a good per Mb charge like vodafone have 19c per mb.

Unless you're using the phone as a modem, and you're just using the phone for browsing, you'll be hard pushed to go over the 250megs. It's a lot of data, and while I see no reason it couldn't be pushed to 1gig, it's still plenty if you don't lose the rag downloading music or video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Unless you're using the phone as a modem, and you're just using the phone for browsing, you'll be hard pushed to go over the 250megs.

Would have to disagree here - I was using the standard Nokia browser the other day and a few stabdard pages weighed in at about 900 KB.

Wouldn't take too many oF them plus a few minutes of YouTube to max you out,

Of course , most people (I would hope) would be using mobile browsers that compress the pages for you (Opera Mini, Skyfire etc..)

long_b wrote: »
    Would have to disagree here - I was using the standard Nokia browser the other day and a few stabdard pages weighed in at about 900 KB.

Wouldn't take too many oF them plus a few minutes of YouTube to max you out,

Of course , most people (I would hope) would be using mobile browsers that compress the pages for you (Opera Mini, Skyfire etc..)

From my own experience with both the iPhone and C905, I've struggled to get to that limit. Most I've used with my iPhone is 200megs, and that's with downloading apps, browsing with Safari etc. I've not seen any customer who has gone over the 250 yet, unless they did something stupid like leaving a YouTube video looping over and over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

It wouldn't be so bad if you could just buy another bundle for the months where you do go over.
    Was mad on for this deal initially but the thoughts of going back to bill is a bit scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

if 250 is plenty i'm sure they can up it to 1gb or more sure no one will use it anyway eh. I would easily use it up.

• Advertisement

Would be nice if Meteor introduced the ability to cap your bill with this. Be handy for monitoring usage and stop massive bills if you run over data etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mcguyver wrote: »
    its hard to know whos on what network these days.
    text the person's phone number to 50004 to find out if they're with meteor

Random wrote: »
    Would be nice if Meteor introduced the ability to cap your bill with this. Be handy for monitoring usage and stop massive bills if you run over data etc.

I'm not convinced by these new bill pay things that allow you to cap. Every network already has a tariff with the ability to cap and it's called pre pay. What you really want is for this tariff to be made available on pp ;)

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'm not convinced by these new bill pay things that allow you to cap. Every network already has a tariff with the ability to cap and it's called pre pay. What you really want is for this tariff to be made available on pp ;)
    No, what I want is the ability to cap billpay. I'd like to signup to the €10 a month package. I'd like the billpay flexability to be able to spend more than this if I want. I would like the ability to be able to have my account automatically cut off or stop making calls if I reach €150 for example. I really feel this would be a useful feature and I don't feel that prepay is the answer to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

No, what I want is the ability to cap billpay. I'd like to signup to the €10 a month package. I'd like the billpay flexability to be able to spend more than this if I want. I would like the ability to be able to have my account automatically cut off or stop making calls if I reach €150 for example. I really feel this would be a useful feature and I don't feel that prepay is the answer to this.

they dont have that feature now?

towel401 wrote: »
    they dont have that feature now?
    I didn't think Meteor did?

I know O2 have spend alerts but no way to limit.
    3 have Best of Both which is a nice touch but not exactly what I want.
    Not sure re Vodafone, didn't think they had anything.

No, what I want is the ability to cap billpay. I'd like to signup to the 10 a month package. I'd like the billpay flexability to be able to spend more than this if I want. I would like the ability to be able to have my account automatically cut off or stop making calls if I reach 150 for example. I really feel this would be a useful feature and I don't feel that prepay is the answer to this.

You say you want the flexibility to spend more which can be achieved by topping up and you say you want the ability to cap which can be achieved by not topping up. I'm confused as to how pre pay isn't the answer to the above......

Is it the convenience of having a bill instead of topping up?

Is it the fact that the tariff is better, eg you can get the data add ons? (which doesn't necessarily mean it has to be bill pay. They could make the add on available on pp if they wanted)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've had a read through this thread and maybe I've missed it but can the 10e billpay option take one of the data add-on's?

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've had a read through this thread and maybe I've missed it but can the 10e billpay option take one of the data add-on's?

You can get the 250 mb add on but not the 10gb one

The offer is as follows, just to break it down.

10e per month
    60 minutes of calls
    Free Meteor to Meteor Texts
    Outside of Bundle Rates are:
    5c Meteor to Meteor
    20c other networks
    9c texts other networks

You can get any of the international, text or data bundles (bar unlimited) with it.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You can get the 250 mb add on but not the 10gb one

Abit crap you can't get 10GB add-on, still 250MB one will do me fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭jlang

If I move to this as a sim-only customer and then decide in a few months to upgrade my phone what price will I pay for the phone (the pay-as-you-go price or the bill-pay price at which level?) and how much of a contract will I need to guarantee? Would I be allowed to stay on the Bill Pay Lite monthly bill?

jlang wrote: »
    If I move to this as a sim-only customer and then decide in a few months to upgrade my phone what price will I pay for the phone (the pay-as-you-go price or the bill-pay price at which level?) and how much of a contract will I need to guarantee? Would I be allowed to stay on the Bill Pay Lite monthly bill?

Bill pay lite doesn't give any discount on phones.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Abit crap you can't get 10GB add-on, still 250MB one will do me fine :)

It's not even just this new tariff. You can only get the 10 gb add on on talk 400 which is 60 a month

@vimes

I want a bill. I don't want prepay. Bill in general offers better features and you don't have to worry about credit and whatever else.

My problem with it is that you could get a bill for €500 and there's nothing to stop it. I'd like to be able to say "hold on Meteor .. if my unbilled calls reaches more than €150 then something is gone wrong .. please suspend it and call me!"

@vimes

I want a bill. I don't want prepay. Bill in general offers better features and you don't have to worry about credit and whatever else.

My problem with it is that you could get a bill for 500 and there's nothing to stop it. I'd like to be able to say "hold on Meteor .. if my unbilled calls reaches more than 150 then something is gone wrong .. please suspend it and call me!"
    I see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Doe's anyone know if upload bandwidth is included?The 250 data might do me. If I can upload all the kiids pictures to the blog. But I dont want to switch to talk 400 to get the unlimited. Thanks guys and gals.

you upload pics of your kids to a freaking blog??

artielange wrote: »
    Doe's anyone know if upload bandwidth is included?The 250 data might do me. If I can upload all the kiids pictures to the blog. But I dont want to switch to talk 400 to get the unlimited. Thanks guys and gals.

the limit is transfer limit, ie up and down. uploading the pics will come out of your allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

towel401 wrote: »
    you upload pics of your kids to a freaking blog??

Oh no. It's just a blog!!!

...and their not my kids

....and no you can't have the url

...but do you have a "freaking" blog, love to see it

....thanks for the help with my question though

......will you be my friend on myspace or maybe bebo

......put up or shut up.....too late

• Advertisement

artielange wrote: »
    Oh no. It's just a blog!!!

...and their not my kids

....and no you can't have the url

...but do you have a "freaking" blog, love to see it

....thanks for the help with my question though

......will you be my friend on myspace or maybe bebo

......put up or shut up.....too late

yeah.. link in the sig. but those poor kids, having their dignity spilled out onto the interweb for your enjoyment. but i suppose its alright because pampers show nekkid babies on tv without asking them first.

in other unrelated news i tried to sign up for this bill pay light thing but they wouldnt let me because the insurance cert i brought in was too old. ****ing bastards following every little policy to the letter i always had the impression that mobile phone companies were dieing to get people signed up on contracts and wouldn't mind so much, especially in the middle of recession but maybe not. i should have tried the crap phone warehouse but too late now. i`ll try again in a few weeks

Advertisement