Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay Lite ** Merged **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

towel401 wrote: »
    i should have tried the crap phone warehouse but too late now. i`ll try again in a few weeks

would've been the same story. it has to be from the last 3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    would've been the same story. it has to be from the last 3 months

****ing pain in the hole.

this used to be an easy, easy going country. "You want a bill phone izzit? alright so boy just scribble your address down on this scrap of newspaper and away you go". now everything has to be checked, verified and traceable. soon everyone will have to be fitted with a chip implant filled with poison that they can release if you don't pay the 10e bill on time!

****ing pain in the hole.

this used to be an easy, easy going country. "You want a bill phone izzit? alright so boy just scribble your address down on this scrap of newspaper and away you go". now everything has to be checked, verified and traceable. soon everyone will have to be fitted with a chip implant filled with poison that they can release if you don't pay the 10e bill on time!

You haven't got your chip yet? Sit at the computer with your hands in the air. The CIA will be there momentarily

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Signed up to this yesterday in Kilkenny, as I'm concerned about my privacy and didn't see why Meteor should need my ESB a/c number so I blacked it out on the bill I gave them.

The shop agent didn't like this and argued they needed it to verify that I was a esb customer and a/c was actually in my name as they could verify the details with ESB...

I quickly advised them that if ESB confirmed the a/c number and address/name matched ESB records to a third party who was not named on the a/c then the ESB would be breaking the Data Protectioin Act...the manager quickly jumped in to say that they actually didn't check things that way. :rolleyes:

I then advised them that given they actually can't confirm these details with the ESB they don't need them and a copy of the bill with these details omited should be perfect especially given as I had my driving license and that had same address.

They gave it to me in the end :)

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You haven't got your chip yet? Sit at the computer with your hands in the air. The CIA will be there momentarily

didn't work. must be running out of chips w/ the recession and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭markpb

Calls to meteor are only 5c compared to 20 on all the other plans. Am I missing something with this?

markpb wrote: »
    Calls to meteor are only 5c compared to 20 on all the other plans. Am I missing something with this?

no that's right

anyone know what's happening with this on the 31st of march is there a rush to sign up or do they only want to make it seem this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

My Mum wants to move from 3pay to billpay lite, I nearly fell out of my tree:eek:

Anyone using it, how's the bills...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

anyone know what's happening with this on the 31st of march is there a rush to sign up or do they only want to make it seem this way?
    I'm not quite sure.

I have my free texts up until the 4th of next month or something so im gonna change over at the end of this month.

No point in paying for something twice :)
    My Mum wants to move from 3pay to billpay lite, I nearly fell out of my tree:eek:
    Maybe Mrs Drunkmonkey will teach you some sense :pac:

• Advertisement

dm, i wouldn't say someone else's bills would even be relevant. You can see the pricing on the website so the only way to know how much your mother's going to pay is to look at her own usage. How much someone else with different usage pays makes no difference to her

Anyone using it, how's the bills...

thats what i'm thinking of doing. 3 can take their 30c/min calls and shove em up their hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jmccrohan wrote: »

Maybe Mrs Drunkmonkey will teach you some sense :pac:
    man%20prepares%20to%20bitch%20slap%20lady.jpg
    :D:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Is it possible to buy a Meteor phone on this deal at the same price as the Talk 60 subscription?

Baza210 wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy a Meteor phone on this deal at the same price as the Talk 60 subscription?

don't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This is a SIM only deal and does not include a phone.

Either you
    1. use your existing phone (get it unlocked if neccessary)
    2. buy a phone SIM free
    3. buy a phone on Meteor prepay and pop your SIM card in

that explains a lot about why its cheaper than talk 60 anyway. on talk 60 you are basically paying off a subsidised phone

It's a strange one. I would happily sign up to BPL for 12 months if I could get a phone at the Talk 60 price.

It's a strange one. I would happily sign up to BPL for 12 months if I could get a phone at the Talk 60 price.
    Then they wouldn't make any money from you. BPL isn't that bad though :)

they'd make no money out of it.even if you stayed the 12 months

• Advertisement

Yep, I can see that now. I wonder how BPL is affecting their other billpay subscriptions, seeing as it puts them in a rather 'rip off' light.

Yep, I can see that now. I wonder how BPL is affecting their other billpay subscriptions, seeing as it puts them in a rather 'rip off' light.
    It doesn't really. Their other packages offer subsidised phone and also upgrades. BPL doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Talk 60 was always a "rip off". There was always much better value on their Pay as you Go options. Don't see how the other packages can be called a rip off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It would say Talk 60 (04)

You will see on your bill that you are charged 20e, but if you look on the next page, you will see a discount being applied.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Phone Number|Name Price|Plan|Minimum Commitment|Balance on Current Bill
    08xxxxxxxx|Joe Bloggs|Talk 60 (04)|€ 24.96| € 25.82Dr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

It says Talk 60 (04) which is bill pay lite. Last month it said €19.99, now it says €16.46! Seems a bit messed up. I rang up last month to query this and they said as my bill date (13th)was so close to the day i signed up (8th) that something hadn't been processed so i would be charged €20 for the first month but that i would come off my second bill. They charge €20 as this was the price of Talk 60 but we are getting it at a reduced price.

Hope that makes sense!

• Advertisement

Advertisement