Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay Lite ** Merged **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

This post has been deleted.

Maybe. If correct procedures are followed, you'll get a bill of 300e. You could be lucky though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

woow woow woow... hold on a sec there.

This is advertised as total of 10e/month - no mention of excluding vat anywhere. and on my first bill im charged 9.98e(exc vat) and another 2.14 on top of that.

its only 2.14e but that is clearly breach of contract... im looking for my actual contract now to call them up.

Anyone else get charged this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

samhail wrote: »
    woow woow woow... hold on a sec there.

This is advertised as total of 10e/month - no mention of excluding vat anywhere.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/price_plans/
    All prices include VAT.
    At the bottom of the page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

That has to be a mistake. The bill pay lite page on the website makes no mention of vat. Call them and explain

• Advertisement

she kept me on hold for about 30min and was back talking to me for about 2min during that.
    I had to bring her to the exact page that it said vat is inclusive... dont leaving cert business know that you must by law include tax with the price of something if its to the public, rather than to business.

after 30min she came back and said she would only be 2min more and i told her no chance. i wanted a supervisor to call me back tomorrow.

i was late for a fashion show with lots of pretty ladies in it !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ok. I got what full story (after being on hold for 20mins..).

Bill pay lite contrary to popular belief is not a new package.
    Its merely an old package rebranded. In this case, an old talk 60 package (the one from 04 to be exact).
    The old package was for sale at €20/month + call charges (could be €25 or €30 im not sure. I'm sure chrislad will correct me).

They haven't updated their billing system :rolleyes: and so they are billing people on the old rates, and then crediting them back the €10 as a discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jmccrohan wrote: »
    The old package was for sale at €20/month + call charges (could be €25 or €30 im not sure. I'm chrislad will correct me).

It was always €20. That's a very confusing way of doing it

• Advertisement

yeah did a bit of investigation myself (thanks to 2 mates in the know :)), seemingly my bill is fine just that its very unclear.
    I was being charged for my last month and 10 days from the month before that i joined half way. easy answer !

and seemingly this talk 60 (04) 10 euro refund is done manually every month too for all customers on that plan !

I love when you have access to a customer service program and notice that the request that a supervisor calls you back is not only not logged on your account but no mention of you call is logged atall.

You need to give 30 days notice to cancel bill pay lite, this is true. But you are also not allowed to switch onto Bill Pay Lite if you are in a 12 month contract, and you are liable for the remaining months multiplied by the original tariff you signed on. If you get away with it, great, but you are liable for the remaining 6 months.

My point is that you shouldn't have been allowed to switch to it, as you still had 6 months remaining on your contract. Happy days for you as someone made an error in switching you down to that plan. Normally, you would be subject to contract cancellation penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

My mum was on a 12mo contract which she signed up for on a phone subsidy. The contract finished a while ago, and O2 rang her up again asking her if she wanted to continue her contract. She said Yes. She would save €15 a month on Bill Pay Lite, and she now has an unlocked phone. Would she be able to change without any release fees? She was just continuing an existent contract rather than signing anything new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Looking at adding a data bundle to my O2 speakeasy (which is not possible) and stumbled across this billpay lite with Meteor which for €19.99 a month will give me all the calls and data I need :)

A couple of questions for those on Meteor already:

If on Billypay lite and I make a call to the UK, will this be charged separately on top of the €10, even if I have some of my €60 free credit available?

Like 02 webtext, can you send long text (using more than one message) messages with Meteor webtext?

Thanks.

the 10e will give you 60min to irish mobiles and land lines, calls to the UK will go seperately on the bill. (thats the same with o2 right?)

It looks like you are limited to 300characters in the sms... also note that with Meteor you can only txt irish mobiles, compared with O2 that will allow you to use your txts with international mobiles too (feature that i used at one stage)

i moved onto the same deal your going 10e + the 10e 250mb internet bundle, and i was surprised how quickly the 250mb was used up :(

It looks like you are limited to 300characters in the sms... also note that with Meteor you can only txt irish mobiles, compared with O2 that will allow you to use your txts with international mobiles too (feature that i used at one stage)

300 characters instead of the usual 160 for a text message - that's cool. I like the international texts on 02 as well but as I don't send that many would just use Fishtext at 2cents per text.
    i moved onto the same deal your going 10e + the 10e 250mb internet bundle, and i was surprised how quickly the 250mb was used up :(

I would have hoped 250MB would have been enough. What type of things do you use data for, are you on it every day or?

i actually had a spare o2 SIM for ages incase i needed it anymore :)

i actually went away for a weekend at the same time that i got the addon. I connected it to my laptop to get online. i dont know how i used up 230mb though cos it was only 4kb/s.

actually come to think of it - i might have 230mb left on my bundle rather than 230mb gone ! haha... ok its not funny. better start using it up so ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm seriously thinking about going onto this deal.

I'm pre-pay with Meteor the last 7 years. I'm on an old tarrif that has 20c calls and 12c texts. I generally use about €10 a month, mostly calls and internet, but it goes over by a few euro each month. I presume the 99c/50mb pre-pay internet package applies to this deal?

Also, can you pay for this deal using a credit card each month (instead of direct debit)? And if you go over your €10 alotment in the month are you charged via the bill or do you have to top up?

Edit: Annnd is there a minimum call charge like the pre-pay plans?

This is their lowest bill pay product Talk 60, just at a special price.
    the 99c/50mb is not available for this deal, 10e/250mb/month is, thats what i am using.

payment - they wanted me to setup a direct debit which i didnt have a problem with, but i couldnt remember my bank account number so i gave them my credit card number and seemingly they charge it through that now.

you will probably save by switching over still though, with 20c calls except for meteor to meteor which is 5c and your txts are free.

im sure you have looked at http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/latest_offers/billpay_lite/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

Elessar wrote: »
    I generally use about €10 a month

Well then Bill Pay Lite is not for you. With BPL you are paying 10 a month just for the sake of having free texts and some free minutes. It does not go towards the cost of any other texts or whatever.

I switched to Bill Pay Lite and cancelled when I got my first bill. Its a rip off to be honest and I wouldn't have signed up for it if they hadn't sold to me misleadingly. I know a few people who have also signed up and since cancelled to. If you only use less than €20 a month pay as you go it is not for you no matter what Meteor would like you to think.

ohoh :) better check my bill again :)
    I think it was good for my usage though.

Yugioh wrote: »
    Well then Bill Pay Lite is not for you. With BPL you are paying 10 a month just for the sake of having free texts and some free minutes. It does not go towards the cost of any other texts or whatever.

I switched to Bill Pay Lite and cancelled when I got my first bill. Its a rip off to be honest and I wouldn't have signed up for it if they hadn't sold to me misleadingly. I know a few people who have also signed up and since cancelled to. If you only use less than €20 a month pay as you go it is not for you no matter what Meteor would like you to think.

Wait, are you saying that the €10 is not your actual credit amount outside of the free 60 minutes? I couldn't see myself using a full 60 mins a month, but the €10 would be great to pay for the texts and internet (well, except internet it seems).

Wait, are you saying that the €10 is not your actual credit amount outside of the free 60 minutes? I couldn't see myself using a full 60 mins a month, but the €10 would be great to pay for the texts and internet (well, except internet it seems).

Any costs not included in the free minutes and texts do not eat into the ten euro they go on top of the charge. For example if I just , sent 100 non meteor texts over a month (quite possible) @ 10c or what ever they are the bill would be 10euro minimum + 10 euro more for the texts bringing you bill to 20 euro minimum.

the €10 doesn't go towards your credit for other calls/texts.

Ah, I was getting confused. That doesn't actually sound very good at all. Essentially I'd actually be paying more under this scheme and have no daily internet. Feck that.

E: Yugioh, did you manage to get back onto your old tarrif?

Ah, I was getting confused. That doesn't actually sound very good at all. Essentially I'd actually be paying more under this scheme and have no daily internet. Feck that.

E: Yugioh, did you manage to get back onto your old tarrif?

I had to wait 30 days until the contract was over and I was transferred back to my old pay as go tariff alright. I then switched to O2 as I was very disappointed with Meteor and their misleading pricing. I even got customer care to agree with me that it was misleading but they said they wouldn't change the way it was advertised unless they got a sufficient complaint off ComReg.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

feck that +1.

Advertisement