Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Billpay Lite ** Merged **

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

ablelocks wrote: »
    feck that +1.

It is great if you didn't spend the 20 each month, but did it anyway to get the free texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

it basically gives you 17 cents a minute for the first 60 mins, and better pre-pay per minute after the 60 minutes it used. If you currently spend around €10-€15 a month now and can use cabbage for sending your webtext I think it's a good deal (especially with the internet add-on).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

IH77 wrote: »
    it basically gives you 17 cents a minute for the first 60 mins, and better pre-pay per minute after the 60 minutes it used. If you currently spend around 10-15 a month now and can use cabbage for sending your webtext I think it's a good deal (especially with the internet add-on).
    Precisely why it suits me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Jonathan wrote: »
    Precisely why it suits me.

and why I will be joining this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Hang on, the 60 minutes included aren't actually included in the price? Wtf?
    - No Long contracts
    - 60 inclusive any network minutes
    - Free Meteor to Meteor Texts
    - All for just €10 per month
    - Offer open until June 30th 2009.
    Inclusive Minutes 60
    Inclusive rate per minute 17c

• Advertisement

Baza210 wrote: »
    Hang on, the 60 minutes included aren't actually included in the price? Wtf?
    They are.

They are just telling you how much they work out at.

€10.00/60 = 0.16667 ≈ 17c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't know where I got the idea that free any network texts were included in this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That system will be in place until September or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

heh - hopefully sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

what do ye think of the new bill pay lite tarriff?

Length of contract
    30 days
    Monthly Commitment
    €25
    Inclusive minutes
    Inclusive rate per minute
    13c
    Meteor to Meteor texts
    Free
    Meteor to Meteor calls
    Free

Calls outside of monthly bundle
    Meteor to other networks
    20c
    Meteor to landline
    20c
    Text messages to other networks
    9c

my pay as you go monthly charge has gone up to about 25 euro for the last 2 months so I'm thinking of switching (i'll get a new pay as you go sim for internet access and keep that seperate)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I'm just after seeing this new Bill Lite 25 Tariff this morning. I think its an excellent deal!

This seems perfect for me, especially with free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts and with the add on of 150 texts for 7.50, I reckon my bill will almost half as I'm currently on talk 300 but only use around 200 minutes per month.

Quick question though - do the free Meteor to Meteor calls affect your inclusive minutes - ie if I make a call to a Meteor number for 10 mins are my minutes now 190 or still 200? I'd assume that they shouldn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭markpb

Cheers ablelocks, I didn't see this on the website. I changed from talk 400 to billpay lite to try to reduce my bill but the new billpay lite suits me much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

yom 1 wrote: »

Quick question though - do the free Meteor to Meteor calls affect your inclusive minutes - ie if I make a call to a Meteor number for 10 mins are my minutes now 190 or still 200? I'd assume that they shouldn't!

was wondering that myself.

Also, becase it's billpay I assume it's per second charging and there's no minimum call charge? With a little analysis of my call history on mymeteor, I've just discovered that 10-15% of my total monthly cost is down to the 9c minimum charge.

Just noticed the T&C at the bottom of the page on the Meteor site
    Meteor wrote:
    Your inclusive minutes can be used for national calls to Irish landlines and all Irish mobile networks at any time of the day within the Republic of Ireland. The following is excluded: Calls made whilst roaming; international calls, GPRS, premium rate services. See the Meteor Terms & Conditions for further exclusions and details. There is no carryover of minutes or texts. Prices are quoted per minute, but are charged on a per second basis. Customers should note that this tariff plan, Bill Pay Lite, will be reflected on your next and ongoing bills, by way of appropriate credit being applied onto your accounts as against other standard bill pay tariff plans which may appear, or be referred to, on your bill. This in no way affects the saving and rates expressed above. For any further details or queries, please contact Meteor Customer Care on 1905.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

was wondering that myself.
    This offer is the same as the old talk 300 (that's still available) except you get 100 less minutes. On that tariff meteor calls didn't come out of your minutes so I would assume it's the same with this offer.
    Also, becase it's billpay I assume it's per second charging and there's no minimum call charge? With a little analysis of my call history on mymeteor, I've just discovered that 10-15% of my total monthly cost is down to the 9c minimum charge.

I'm on the previously available BPL tariff and on my records there is no minimum call charge, a 5 second call to a vodafone number cost me 1c.

Seems like a no brainer for me so!

There are no minimum call charges on BP Lite (or Bill Pay for that matter). All calls are per second.

I got a voicemail yesterday saying my BillPay Lite 25 package was upgraded from 200 free minutes to 300. Doesn't make any difference to me (I could use more free texts instead, if you're listening Meteor :D) but it means they have almost exactly matched my old Talk 300 package for half the price.

was it matched when you log into mymeteor ?

• Advertisement

They said it would be from my next billing period onwards but yep, it's been updated in MyMeteor already.

cool

oh they updated their site too so its 300min for BPL 25
    http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/latest_offers/billpay_lite/

i dont think ive the usage to go onto that still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭wheatln2

just wondering what the data options on this are like? Without a bundle will I be paying 99c a day on any day I choose to go online?

Data options arent very great,
    If you are on prepaid then its 99c up to 50mb which will last one day.
    if you are on postpaid you can buy a bundle for like 10.00 for 250mb or i think 30 euro for unlimited download - if you dont buy a bundle for postpaid then you are being charged 2c/kb

http://www.meteor.ie/mobileinternet/bp_pricing/
    http://www.meteor.ie/mobileinternet/payg_pricing/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What happens if I go over the 250mb with the 'add on' bundle? Do I just get a nasty surprise when my bill comes or is there a way of seeing what I've used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Posy wrote: »
    What happens if I go over the 250mb with the 'add on' bundle? Do I just get a nasty surprise when my bill comes or is there a way of seeing what I've used?
    Source: http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/add_ons/data_add_ons/dataaddons_tandcs/
    Mobile Internet Add-On Bundles will be deducted from your account after any other data bundle that may come with your Tariff Plan. Once you have used up all the Mobile Internet Add-On Bundle, all subsequent data will be charged at Meteor’s standard rates as per the Customer’s given Tariff Plan. Meteor’s standard rates are available at http://www.meteor.ie/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Random wrote: »

nasty surprise!

wish there was a bp lite plan with some data, even a just couple of MB and texts to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Sorry just to sum it up then... BP Lite is the exact same as Talk 300 but half the price.....but you can't use your data add-on??

Oh and can you change mid-contract from 300 to BP lite?

• Advertisement

su_dios wrote: »
    Sorry just to sum it up then... BP Lite is the exact same as Talk 300 but half the price.....but you can't use your data add-on??

Oh and can you change mid-contract from 300 to BP lite?

Yes, you can use an add on.

Yes, you can change mid contract, but you will be charged penalties the same as if you cancelled outright.

Advertisement