Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay Lite ** Merged **

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Posy wrote: »
    What happens if I go over the 250mb with the 'add on' bundle? Do I just get a nasty surprise when my bill comes or is there a way of seeing what I've used?

You text Data balance to 50104 to find out how much is left in your add on and you can get it on BPL

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks. :)
    Hmmm.. I may take the plunge and switch so. I like the fact you can change back at only a month's notice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oops.. knew I meant to say something else! Can you just get add-on's whenever you feel like it? Like I could use the data add-on every second month, for example?

(Yes, I know I should have asked the meteor shop guy this the other day instead of just muttering "I'm fine" and running away.. :()

You can call up and cancel the add on whenever you want and the changes will take effect at your next billing date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Posy wrote: »
    Oops.. knew I meant to say something else! Can you just get add-on's whenever you feel like it? Like I could use the data add-on every second month, for example?

(Yes, I know I should have asked the meteor shop guy this the other day instead of just muttering "I'm fine" and running away.. :()

no you can't get them when you feel like it. you can only get them for the period of your next bill. its not like 3pay where you buy a bundle and it expires after 30 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

towel401 wrote: »
    no you can't get them when you feel like it. you can only get them for the period of your next bill. its not like 3pay where you buy a bundle and it expires after 30 days

You can get them when you feel like it, but you are correct in saying they don't expire. If your billing date is the 10th, and you call on the 28th, it will start on the 10th. If you have the add on and want to cancel it, you have to cancel before the 10th otherwise it stays on for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jthrppel

Has anybody else having problem getting this information from meteor? Neither txt nor online is working for me?

"By Text

Freetext "My Minutes" or "My Texts" to 50104. Your balance will be sent back to you via text."
    Thanks for ur hlp in advance,
    J

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

jthrppel wrote: »
    Has anybody else having problem getting this information from meteor? Neither txt nor online is working for me?

"By Text

Freetext "My Minutes" or "My Texts" to 50104. Your balance will be sent back to you via text."
    Thanks for ur hlp in advance,
    J
    Nope. Mine is also broken. Has been stuck at 34 minutes for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Hey guys just so ye know, my pre-pay usage for August is showing up since yesterday on My Meteor since yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 modus

I just switched to Bill Pay Lite 25, but Meteor Customer Care made me work hard for it!

My billing date is the 10th of the month and I'm no longer under contract. I rang to request change from Talk 300 (€50 per month) to Bill Pay Lite 25 (€25 per month) I was told I couldn't switch until 10th September and the offer finishes 31st August. So: No Can Do!

Game Over. Thank you for playing Mr. Modus!

I couldn't believe it. I thought they would at least allow me to lose the last few days of the Talk 300 plan and start me on Bill Pay Lite on 31st August, but no, I couldn't avail of it FULL STOP.

When I said I might be leaving Meteor as a result, I was put through to Cancellation Dept. who immediately said they would organise the change from Sept. 10th.

Thank You. Think I need a drink!

Anyway, all's well that ends well. A few bob saved for the next few months and still plenty of mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

modus wrote: »
    Anyway, all's well that ends well. A few bob saved for the next few months and still plenty of mins!

Glad you were able to change your tariff and save money; even though you had to work for it. ;)

What I want to know is, why haven't Meteor allowed customers change their tariff through the Meteor website? They, according to a user on another thread, updated their billing system recently, so I would assume that if the ability to change tariff was unavailable on their old billing system, that the new billing system would be able to provide such a feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 modus

They always seem to be just a little behind when it comes to range of phones, coverage, data services etc. Any year now they'll bring it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

the new billing system replaced the old one and any differences from the old system would have to have been specifically asked for and would have been charged to get implemented.

you can upgrade your price plan for prepaid accounts though MyMeteor
    also with postpaid you might be in a contract or have to give the 30 days notice in writing to cancel the contract, which would be alot for MyMeteor to look after.

</knows the new system inside out>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

will the offer be extended after august 31st? I was waiting to see what the new data add-on pricing looked like before switching to this tariff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ablelocks wrote: »
    will the offer be extended after august 31st? I was waiting to see what the new data add-on pricing looked like before switching to this tariff.

I doubt the offer will be continued, it's too good... if you sign up now I don't see any reason why they won't let you bundle in a new add on if they do release some...

DM might be right. It's only 30 days anyway so you'd be better off signing up and you can change later if the data packages are good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

but i'm usually wrong so don't take it as Gospel..

but i'm usually wrong so don't take it as Gospel..

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just read on the meteor forum that this plan will be extended. Good news for some!

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

squared wrote: »
    Just read on the meteor forum that this plan will be extended. Good news for some!

Link

that's gas - I was told by customer "care" this morning that a) it wouldn't be extended and b) even tho' the marketing says a closing date of 31st Aug, the closing date was actually today as their billing system won't be able to take any new subscribers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Just signed up to this today, in the shop for 10 minutes and changed over to Bill Pay Lite in 5 minutes.

Includes...

50 minutes to any network
    50 texts to any network
    Free texts to Meteor
    Free voicemail calls

Outside Bundle...

10c / minute calls to Meteor
    30c / minute calls to all other networks
    10c texts to all networks in Ireland

Got this with the Unlimited Data plan which is €15, total per month = €25 (10GB Fair Usage Policy)

I always use Meteor free texts, have 300 more texts over data using Cabbage and only dialled 35 minutes outbound last month on my phone (always have VOIP option). No international calls needed, perfect bundle for me and my 8GB G1 in the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 self_sentered

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Includes...

50 minutes to any network
    50 texts to any network
    Free texts to Meteor
    Free voicemail calls

I was thinking of signing up to this (with the 10GB add on) and just wondering do Meteor to Meteor texts use up the 50 limit or is it as many Meteor texts as you like plus 50 texts to other networks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I was thinking of signing up to this (with the 10GB add on) and just wondering do Meteor to Meteor texts use up the 50 limit or is it as many Meteor texts as you like plus 50 texts to other networks?
    Its unlimited meteor to meteor text and 50 other network texts.

Advertisement