Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scolari Sacked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Joe Kinnear for Chelsea!!!!

No really please

Ah go on, go on, go on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Quint wrote: »
    Would Wenger take it?

Now that's a mis-match! A club that needs to throw its money around and a manager who I swear probably still shops in Lidl driving his 95 Micra :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Chelsea are a joke and are fast becoming another Real Madrid - win everything in sight or the manager is sacked.
    The board said the team were deteriorating at a critical time in the season. So what do they do? Sack the manager and make the team more unstable. Stupid.
    Ye, so Chelsea haven't been getting the results they need recently but that doesn't justify sacking him. If that was the case Ferguson should have been out of a job after the first handful of games of the season. Chelsea are still in the Champion's League, are near the top of the league and are in still in a domestic cup. So what have they actually lost out on so far? Out of a domestic cup and ye fine it looks like they won't win the league. Which boils down to "win the league, or you're out."
    Avram grant had a shaky start when he took over from Mourinho but eventually did a terrific job. He ran United to the wire and got the Champion's League final. He was treated like dirt and if he is offered the job again he'd need his head examined to take it. The money is on Hiddink for me - he was a shoe in for it after Mourinho but said he wouldn't leave Russia in the lurch at the time.
    The way Grant was fired last year set Chelsea on the same road as Madrid - a team who sack their manager right after winning the league because they didn't win the Champion's League too. Sacking Scolari because it looks like he's out of the race to the league just pushed Chelsea further along the track to a Madrid-like destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Hardly shocking tbh.
    I'd like to see Avram Grant come back :p
    Realistically I'd say someone from the Bundesliga as the wages aren't as massive for managers there.
    Mirko Slomka?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I hope they get a replacement soon, the speculation is killing me already, and he was only sacked 20 minutes ago.
    joe123 wrote: »
    And theres the small matter of Romans millions compared to sweet **** all at Liverpool.

Benitez has done an amazing job.
    I think you'll find that rafa has spent quite a lot at liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are a rarity among fans so, because most fans say league first and then Europe.
    Remember Del Bosque won the CL and got the sack at Real. Shows you how much they care about it.

Really the PL is numero uno.

Thats what he was saying....??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please STFU about Rafa or anyone else, this is Chelsea woes we are discussing eh?

Hiddink might have too much self-respect to risk being humiliated by Roman A/Peter Kenyon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

joe123 wrote: »
    Thats what he was saying....??

thought so too tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

mike65 wrote: »
    Please STFU about Rafa or anyone else, this is Chelsea woes we are discussing eh?

Hiddink might have too much self-respect to risk being humiliated by Roman A/Peter Kenyon
    LOL Money might get in the way of his self-respect Mike, been a tax dodger and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Quint wrote: »
    I hope they get a replacement soon, the speculation is killing me already, and he was only sacked 20 minutes ago.

I think you'll find that rafa has spent quite a lot at liverpool.

I think youll find what Chelsea spent since roman took over is a hell of alot more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Now that's a mis-match! A club that needs to throw its money around and a manager who I swear probably still shops in Lidl driving his 95 Micra :D

Yeah, but that's why he might take it. Finally some money to spend. And might as well leave the sinking ship:D
    Back to the glory days of challenging for trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

A chelsea supporters club spokesperson on Five Live has just said he'd like John Terry to get the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

mike65 wrote: »

Sounds like someone is curled up under a blanket with a massive dairy milk and some ben an jerrys wondering how he'll make it through.

Anyway seriously watch moyes, O' Neill is goin nowhere. without doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Anybody notice on sky tv how they showed the same 12 second clip about Scolari over, and over, again .Like it must have being shown at least 50 times :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I do wish we wouldn't keep blowing our tranfer kitty on unfair dismissal compo claims, bit silly really.

At least this explains the lack of Jan transfer activity, they must have someone sussed out but couldn't get him in on time.

Wilkins will certanily be a temporary job, and anyone who thinks Grant was reponsible for any chelsea successes is deluded, fans or players wouldn't have him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,723 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

growler wrote: »
    and anyone who thinks Grant was reponsible for any chelsea successes is deluded,

Dam right they are deluded, they didn't have any successes under Grant. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

growler wrote: »
    Wilkins will certanily be a temporary job, and anyone who thinks Grant was reponsible for any chelsea successes is deluded, fans or players wouldn't have him back.

He did get them to a CL final, something Mourinho didn't manage. And they were absolutely outstanding in the final and unlucky not to win. I wouldn't give him the job, but he deserves some credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Regardless of who takes over , why sack a mamager this time of the season ? Like Aresnal , Present form suggest's they are not going to present a serious challange for the championship .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Slaven Bilic for the job ;)

you heard it here first*

*I may be basing this on a hunch, thinking about it I now say Steve Clarke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

The only way I'd have Grant back is with Clarke and Ten Cate doing everything for him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'm very, very surprised. I was fairly certain he'd get the sack at the end of the season if things didn't improve.

Is there any good managers on the market? Steve Staunton for Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tom65 wrote: »
    Is there any good managers on the market? Steve Staunton for Chelsea?

i really hope that was a joke

if it wasnt, seek help

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Martin O'Neil will not leave Villa for anyone until he thinks he has completed his job at Villa, especially not for Chelsea who are chasing villa atm and are about to play em its just silly hands off Roman.

Abramovich for Chairman/Manager John Terry for Captain/Assistant :D

or more seriously Hiddink for the job.

Wonder would they consider a Ramos and appoint someone till the end of the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Headshot wrote: »
    i really hope that was a joke

if it wasnt, seek help

It was a joke, but jesus I'd love it see it happen :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

well city fans, this is the sorta thing u can look forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jesus, i dont know what to say(for once)
    the last few months have been difficult for us. did think he would make it to the end of the season though, got to wonder will any reptuable manager set foot inside the chelsea camp now though.
    bring back steve clark i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Surely that compensation he's now due could of bought him a striker at the start of the window. He'd probably still have a job. I think ''IT'' will be our new manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Pal wrote: »
    BETFAIR

Roberto Mancini - 9/4
    Carlo Ancenotti - 5/1
    Mark Hughes - 6/1
    Luis Scolari - 8/1
    Frank Rijkaard - 11/1
    Guus Hiddink - 18/1
    Sven goran Eriksson - 22/1
    Didier Deschamps - 43/1
    Marcelop Lippi - 90/1

Jesus. 18/1 is worth something on Hiddink if I didn't avoid manager markets like the plague

we honestly dont know what type of contract hes on,he could be a short term deal for all we know

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Jesus. 18/1 is worth something on Hiddink if I didn't avoid manager markets like the plague

its 4/6 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Fired because he's not going to win anything this season. Infantile.

EPL is now a 3-ring circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Klinsmann or Slomka if not Mancini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Football expert "Scott Minto" says Zola is not ready for the Chelsea job, presumably from his own vast experience in management

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_4908314,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

No way Avram Grant will come back, Zola is doing well at west ham and they are building some momentum now so I think he should stay a few more years there. In my Opinion Guus Hiddink is the man for the job, we all saw how Russia did in Euro 2008 and he has a good track record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

This is an absolute joke. Every single team in the world has a bad run sooner or later. How should Chelsea feel that they are any different? Chelsea are definately out of the race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Rich1691 wrote: »
    No way Avram Grant will come back, Zola is doing well at west ham and they are building some momentum now so I think he should stay a few more years there. In my Opinion Guus Hiddink is the man for the job, we all saw how Russia did in Euro 2008 and he has a good track record!

Did they do as well as Brazil or Portugal did in past international tournaments. Club manager please

he shouldnt have got the job in the 1st place tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Advocaat is my dark horse.

But I think it will be Rijkaard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So thats why we had no transfer funds..We were saving up to pay of Scolari....Honestly bring back José

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Chelsea are a joke of a club. Third sacked manager in a little over a year. I really dont believe big Phil was given enough time at all and add to this Tony Adams sacking yesterday this league is but a total farce in all honesty. Its got to the stage where it has turned into Spain with sackings dished out quicker than a big mac ! Chelsea will regret this in my opinion and whoever comes in now will need to work miracles to get a league challenge back on track. In fact I dont think even god himself could help them surpass United. FA cup and Champs league it looks like they will have to go all out. The sacking of Avram Grant was also farcial as they guy took a team with cracks to the Champs league final and brought them to the final day league shoot-out with United. An admirable job in my opinion. Chelsea are going down the Real Madrid road in my opinion and that aint a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

does anyone actually care about Chelsea other than their fans?

redout wrote: »
    add to this Tony Adams sacking yesterday this league is but a total farce in all honesty.

Whatever about Phil, give me one reason why Adams should still be Pompey manager?

Boggles wrote: »
    Whatever about Phil, give me one reason why Adams should still be Pompey manager?

My god man he was only given a couple of months ! Exactly the point I was making above with the league turning into a farce.

My god man he was only given a couple of months ! Exactly the point I was making above with the league turning into a farce.

And the way things were going if he was given another couple of months Pompey would be playing a division below.

You disagree with the sacking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

does anyone actually care about Chelsea other than their fans?

can the same not be said for just about every other team on the planet?
    fans generally tend to care about the teams they chose to support.and those who do not support a certain team generally dont care too much for them...ie i dont support pompey,therefore i dont care about adams sacking.

And the way things were going if he was given another couple of months Pompey would be playing a division below.

I just dont think he was given enough time to prove himself but firstly he should never have been given the job in the first place but because the fools at Pompey gave him it then they should have shown more faith in my opinion. Losing some players during the transfer window didnt help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Teams don't give managers enough time nowadays. Look at Alex Fergussen. He had a bad start and then a few bad seasons before turning it around at Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Gutted! Not that I particularly liked Scolari, but he wasn't even given a chance.

I have a feeling Chelsea are on the verge of spinning out of control. We always knew abramovich would lose interest, but he doesn't have to screw the fans in the process. Sure results have been disappointing, but this was a top manager getting to grips with the premiership, it was never going to be a one season deal, he hasn't been in club management for years.

I just dont think he was given enough time to prove himself but firstly he should never have been given the job in the first place but because the fools at Pompey gave him it then they should have shown more faith in my opinion. Losing some players during the transfer window didnt help either.
    FatherTed wrote: »
    Teams don't give managers enough time nowadays. Look at Alex Fergussen. He had a bad start and then a few bad seasons before turning it around at Man Utd.

I agree with all that, ye still havn't given me a reason why Tony Adams should still be manager of Pompey today.

If Pompey got relegated with him in charge everyone would be asking why he wasn't replaced.

As for Scolari, he shouldn't have got the job in the first place, he always been naive defensively, something that can't be afforded in a league like the premiership.

• Advertisement

I agree with all that, ye still havn't given me a reason why Tony Adams should still be manager of Pompey today.

If Pompey got relegated with him in charge everyone would be asking why he wasn't replaced.

As for Scolari, he shouldn't have got the job in the first place, he always been naive defensively, something that can't be afforded in a league like the premiership.

Boggles, giving a manager just 104 days in a job is borderline insane in my opinion. I understand your point about him having bad results but the board were just insane to appoont him first of all then at the first sign of trouble out on your ear ! I dont agree with that approach at all. How about the guys who appointed him be dumped out also ? Seems fair to me.

Advertisement