If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS DAB & FM Radio - NEW MODEL

Options
  • 09-02-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all

We should see stock of the new AE5900 DAB/FM radio (with 3.5mm line-in for MP3 players) later this week. This replaces the very popular AJ5100 - especially on Boards - and in my opinion it looks a lot nicer to boot...

I'll be selling them at an introductory price €49.99 instead of the €79.99 list price - I'll do this for as long as I can get away with it!

For those wanting a little more info please click in the link below.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/a/ae5900_05/ae5900_05_pss_eng.pdf

cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi folks

A little update for those interested in them.

The AE5900 DAB/FM radios have arrived into stock this morning.
    They look great in the flesh and the sound from them is better than the average table top radio - we've been listening to RTE Lyric in store on it(not our usual style of music!) and I'd be happy with the sound quality whilst eating my Weetabix and toast in the morning....might listen to Phantom instead though:)

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Hi Ash.

I'll take one off you please. Im heading away for a few days next week but the wife will be in dublin tuesday or wednesday and she could pick up and pay for it then if that suits.

Thanks a mil:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cliffo27

I will take one of these also..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'll take one too please. What happens now - do I ring you? Can you PM me with details?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey Ash Buzz off - this is meant to be my Forum - go and make your own friends!

Seriously guys that DAB is a really nice bit of kit - I'll get Ash to PM anyone who orders one - he's off tomorrow so it will be Thursday, but I'll get the Philips guys to reserve them in your name in the meantime,

BTW wait until you see this 21:9 Philips screen Ash has been rattling on about - it's a complete mindtrip!

Thanks as ever,
    John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

johnmc wrote: »
    BTW wait until you see this 21:9 Philips screen Ash has been rattling on about - it's a complete mindtrip!

Have you one coming in to the shop? I've seen a vid online and looks incredible. I have to walk by the shop on my way to work it would be rude to to drop in for a look!! :D

Hi folks

Ha, sorry John, you haven't been round here for a while - someones got to keep people informed;)

You are all more than welcome to call into the shop and pick one up or if you live a little further away we can post them if that suits.

Phone me on (01) 474 0788 (any of my team can help) or PM me and I'll look after you.

atb
    Ash

Hi Rew

Regarding the 21:9 TV as soon as we can get our hands on one of them the Boardies will be the FIRST to know!

Cheers
    Ash

Hi guys

Thanks for your interest in this Radio.

All who have expressed an interest in one should have a PM in your message box by now.

I have reserved one each for you so have no fear they are here for you, as mentioned I can post them or if your local to the shop feel free to pop in and collect it.

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mullers

Anyone know do these radios pick up anything in around Galway ???

• Advertisement

Hi Mullers

I've had a bit of a nosey about the web and it seems that Galway isn't covered by DAB as yet. FM on the other hand you'll have no issues with.

Probably the best site to check out is www.digitalradio.ie which seems to say that they aim for nation wide DAB covereage by 2010.

Hope that helps
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Just had a look at that site - seems like there's no immediate likelihood of getting DAB down here in Wexford either. Sorry Ash but you may take my name off that set - I'll wait till I can use it properly.

Hi Dilbert75

No worries.

The DAB covereage is slowly expanding but us lot in the Dublin area seem to be the best looked after, DAB wise, at the moment.

Have a good weekend

Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.