Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drums and GHWT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Is that one of the secret ones? What is it? I'm sure I could get the endless setlist on my own, but there's plenty of multiplayer ones I need, like the 90 second overdrive award...

Yes it's secret.

It's the one where you have to pass every song on Endless Setlist 2 with NO PAUSING OR FAILING.. even once!

90 sec overdrive would be crap easy if you came here... along with the others.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Obviously, but here, at home, I enlist my younger siblings to play along. They love it. My 8 year old sister does a wonderful "run to the hills" on vocals. It's heart warming!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Definitely be interested in a meetup, although i tore a muscle below my shoulder last week and i'm still waiting for it to heal and can't play either GH or RB as i suck at it sitting down, hence why i haven't been playing it much in the last few days.

One controller and a bottle of Jack Daniels and away we go! :D

Don't partake in alcoholic beverages myself :P

Meh.. alcohol or no alcohol it doesn't bother me. I don't drink a whole lot anyway.

Important for me is the meet up.

• Advertisement

Cully wrote: »
    Meh.. alcohol or no alcohol it doesn't bother me. I don't drink a whole lot anyway.

Important for me is the meet up.

The Alcohol is not that important for me as such, but it does help me around people i haven't met before. I also actually play better with it for some reason. And a bottle of JD lasts an entire night which is even better. :D

Zubrowka > JD

Zubrowka > JD

We'll see on the night there, pal! ;)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    We'll see on the night there, pal! ;)

The power of Bisongrass compells you!

The power of Bisongrass compells you!

... and as a result i won't make it home until the search parties find me!

• Advertisement

Well as long as the alcohol doesn't make ye drunk drunk, I wouldn't mind...

Well as long as the alcohol doesn't make ye drunk drunk, I wouldn't mind...

I can honestly say in my 18 years of drinking, i've never passed out due to alcohol! :)

That either means you've been drinking since shortly after you were born, or you're a tad bit older than me!

That either means you've been drinking since shortly after you were born, or you're a tad bit older than me!

I'd put the mortgage, wife, kids, dog all on the latter! ;)

D4RK ONION... I wouldn't assume that everyone is your age.

I am a lot older than you.

There are older people who play games...

REALLY? Wow, I didn't know that[/Sarcasm]

I don't assume much, it was more of a joke than a "lulz, old people playing games" comment. Didn't mean to offend of anything.

I don't assume much, it was more of a joke than a "lulz, old people playing games" comment. Didn't mean to offend of anything.

If you think 30 is old, then you're in for a bit of a surprise in a few years... You don't just wake up and feel old... You just kind of notice that instead of being the youngest around, you're not anymore.

I still feel 15

If you think 30 is old, then you're in for a bit of a surprise in a few years... You don't just wake up and feel old... You just kind of notice that instead of being the youngest around, you're not anymore.

I still feel 15

Poor Cully got knocked off his perch at the end of last year when he found out i was older than him by a few months! I don't think the poor guy has ever fully recovered since.

Cully has it on the money, I'm also still very much a retro gamer too. I still have my Amstrad games emulated on a modded xbox 1. The lasting appeal on them is much longer than a lot of stuff that's come out over the last ten years although they look as crude as hell. GH/RB series are the only modern games i really play on a regular basis as they're the only ones that come crying "play me!", thats probably just me "getting old" though ;)

Well I intend to play games til my heart gives out on me. I've been playing the SNES since I was three, and chances are, I'll still have it when I'm ninety three!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Poor Cully got knocked off his perch at the end of last year when he found out i was older than him by a few months! I don't think the poor guy has ever fully recovered since.

I've been playing games since the days of the VIC20, I just turned 32 a couple of days ago but I still love playing games. I quite like the RB and GH stuff as it's great crack and can get to play with my mrs from time to time. I definitely have a soft spot for the retro stuff but I too like to play the latest stuff to come out on PC/PS3. Looking forward to Street Fighter IV, probably more so to see how it pairs up to my memories of playing SFII in the arcades back in the early 90's.

TC

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    I've been playing games since the days of the VIC20, I just turned 32 a couple of days ago but I still love playing games. I quite like the RB and GH stuff as it's great crack and can get to play with my mrs from time to time. I definitely have a soft spot for the retro stuff but I too like to play the latest stuff to come out on PC/PS3. Looking forward to Street Fighter IV, probably more so to see how it pairs up to my memories of playing SFII in the arcades back in the early 90's.

TC

I used to love SFII "turbo" on the SNES too... played it a lot, but then kind of went off it when people just sat back and hadoken'd all day.. made the game kind of boring.

Anyway... I saw people playing in Beijing on SF2 and omg I didn't think you could get that much skill on the game... I played SFIV also in a computer game shop on a 50" screen... good graphics, they kept the 2d engine, but it moves very wierdly for me.. didn't really llike it.

TinCool wrote: »

TC

We're a year older than ya so! ;)

I never owned a Vic 20, although it was one of the first computers i ever put my fingers to. I played Pharohs Curse on it for hours whilst on holiday in the UK at my uncles place in 86.

I hate the SFII series with a passion though, 1991 was the year the arcades died for me, due to them having mostly SF cabinets in it, with the rest of the games being neglected. The arcade scene went from going there for choice to going there for trend for me.

:eek: Really? SFII and it's many children are amazing, it's so balanced. I bought IV there over the weekend. It's like playing II put with more depth. Very good...

I didn't hate it for the game, i hated it for what it did to the arcade scene upon release. It essentially killed it.

Advertisement