Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UPC] Cap and Fair Usage Policy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I don't know if you noticed, but those on the 10mb and 15mb used to have a 250gb cap - the new limit is 120gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

hmmm wrote: »
    I don't know if you noticed, but those on the 10mb and 15mb used to have a 250gb cap - the new limit is 120gb.
    yes, but (i'm pretty sure, but open to correction) everyone's speeds have been increased so you are not talking about the same packages, just the same speeds.

back when the two top packages were 10mbps & 20mbps they both had a 250gb limit per month, but those packages are now 20mbps and 30mbps and are still 250gb per month, but with the addition of the 100mbps package with the 500gb limit for the high rollers who can get it.

the 10mbps and 15mbps packages that are out now are the old 5mbps and 8mbps packages which have kept the 120gb limit as before, they're just faster.

i think UPC are trying to stagger their ongoing upgrades to lessen the impact (for them, not the customer), but they've created a quagmire of different packages and nobody seems to know what they've got any more or what their limits are.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

vibe666 wrote: »

back when the two top packages were 10mbps & 20mbps they both had a 250gb limit per month, but those packages are now 20mbps and 30mbps and are still 250gb per month, but with the addition of the 100mbps package with the 500gb limit for the high rollers who can get it.

From upc.ie:

Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb

*No usage limit

"Monthly data usage is capped at 120GB for Fibre Power Broadband 10Mb, there is no monthly usage cap for Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb or 30Mb. All broadband services are subject to our acceptable usage policy."

So when you go into the BB deals on the website it says no usage limit with the * on it, go into the terms and conditions and it says the 10mb is capped at 120gb per month but the better packages arent.

So with how many bloody astrix and t&c's do you need to follow or sift thru to actually find the TRUTH!!!!! Just got my letter today, out of work with a broken arm not a lot more to do than surf and download stuff, daytime tv is AWFUL!!!!!

and from the acceptable usage policy page...
    Section 3: Data Transfer Allowances, Excessive Use and Other Limitations

UPC broadband services are intended for normal recreational or educational use by individuals and families and our pricing and network architecture have been designed accordingly.

The Services are strictly for residential use only - commercial use of any kind is prohibited. Customers who use the services more heavily than a normal home user will reduce the performance of the network for other customers.
    Your monthly data transfer allowance depends upon which broadband package you have selected.

The data transfer allowances for the various packages are
    15GB for Fibre Power Broadband 1Mb users,
    40GB for Fibre Power Broadband 8Mb users,
    120GB for Fibre Power Broadband 10Mb and 15Mb users,
    250GB for Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb and 30Mb users and
    500GB for Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb users.

“Excessive use” of the Service is defined as usage exceeding your monthly data transfer allowance.

according to comreg, as long as they qualify the word "unlimited" in their T&C's they're covered. although according to EU law they aren't (apparently).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

and from the acceptable usage policy page...

according to comreg, as long as they qualify the word "unlimited" in their T&C's they're covered. although according to EU law they aren't (apparently).
    It would also be very interesting to see what would happen if someone actually took them on in a court in a common law jurisdiction. In the case of two contradictory statements, which one would be considered the binding one, the highly visible, clearly stated one, or the small print, hidden away one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If a product has a cap it is not unlimited. Any claim that such a product is unlimited is a lie plain and simple. A wilful deliberate attempt to deceive existing and potential customers.

Make up your own mind about the integrity of companies who do this type of thing.

dub45 wrote: »
    If a product has a cap it is not unlimited. Any claim that such a product is unlimited is a lie plain and simple. A wilful deliberate attempt to deceive existing and potential customers.

Make up your own mind about the integrity of companies who do this type of thing.
    where was that link to the EU legislation on the use of the word unlimited in broadband products?

i think i might have a use for it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MakeNine

I'd like to see an example of a company with 'integrity'. Most companies use BS advertising, ridiculous product descriptions, and T&C reservations designed to squeeze money out of unsuspecting customers. And those are petty crimes, if you want the serious stuff, look to the pharmaceutical companies, private health insurers or Monsanto!

MakeNine wrote: »
    I'd like to see an example of a company with 'integrity'. Most companies use BS advertising, ridiculous product descriptions, and T&C reservations designed to squeeze money out of unsuspecting customers. And those are petty crimes, if you want the serious stuff, look to the pharmaceutical companies, private health insurers or Monsanto!

Again this attitude of their all at it is useless. How will things every change if everyone says they are all at it and worst of all goes along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MakeNine

Again this attitude of their all at it is useless. How will things every change if everyone says they are all at it and worst of all goes along with it.

They'll never change. In capitalism there is no integrity, no honour and no morals. There's only profit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

I'm not sure how many people have actually followed up with a complaint to comreg. I've bascially set out the same point in this tread and mailed them to comreg. I got the following reply.
    I am looking into this further with the consumer policy manager,

We will be in touch shortly.]

Thanks

Jean Dwyer

Commission for Communications Regulation
    Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street Dublin 1 Ireland
    Telephone +353 1 1890 22 9668

If you havent already mailed your compaint to conreg I suggest you do so now... the more weight the complaint gets the better. I spoke to Jean on the phone and she voiced her concerns around the number of actual complaints that have been mailed to comreg. Their aware of the issue but not enough upc customers are complaining to comreg.

Wookster76 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how many people have actually followed up with a complaint to comreg. I've bascially set out the same point in this tread and mailed them to comreg. I got the following reply.

If you havent already mailed your compaint to conreg I suggest you do so now... the more weight the complaint gets the better. I spoke to Jean on the phone and she voiced her concerns around the number of actual complaints that have been mailed to comreg. Their aware of the issue but not enough upc customers are complaining to comreg.

That's absolutely nonsensical on the part of comreg. UPC's behaviour has been appalling consistently and comreg should be taking the initiative not waiting on complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Hah, I'm searching through here looking for a recommendation on an internet usage monitor, as UPC are after shafting me for a price hike up to nearly a hundred and forty bones, for the 100MB line, and I see here about emailing comreg?
    I'm doing that straight away, I have no problem with them setting a limit of 250GB or whatever per month, but just don't call it unlimited when it very clearly is limited.

wet-paint wrote: »
    Hah, I'm searching through here looking for a recommendation on an internet usage monitor, as UPC are after shafting me for a price hike up to nearly a hundred and forty bones, for the 100MB line, and I see here about emailing comreg?
    If you have one device connected to the modem (ie. PC), then any traffic monitoring software installed on that device would suffice.

If you have multiple devices, then you would need to monitor at source.

Get your hands on any DD-WRT compatible router /access point.

Bridge the UPC modem to it and have that deliver packets within your network.

The DD-WRT firmware allows traffic monitoring on it's WAN port and displays it in a daily and monthly graph from the admin's web interface.

You have other benefits also, as the Cisco router is a piece of cr*p when it comes to delivering packets wirelessly, from my experience it tends to have a panic when more than 2 or 3 devices are competing for packets, so you should notice an improvement if you have another router / access point setup and responsible for this function.

Thats nasty with the cost of 140 bucks.

I use the above solution and I make sure that I use the full 250GB.

My taught's on all this is that UPC deliver TV and TV is directly under threat from the internet, google, apple tv, boxee box, netflix etc., are all coming on the market and UPC, well, if you have your TV and broadband with them, and all of sudden, you start using one of the above services and cancel the TV service, this would incur large loses to the company. Net Neutrality and all that jazz.

Ah, I am on a tangent, back to bed for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

It's all very confusing, & the latest notification doesn't do much to clear things up.

''Your Fibre Power Broadband service has been upgraded from 15Mb to 20Mb. With Fibre Power Broadband you have the speed you need to make everything you want to do online faster and it’s ideal for families, gamers and those who want to boast about having the fastest Broadband speeds available. Your new Broadband speed has the added bonus of ‘No Usage Cap’*. ''

Then at the end of the page:

'' *Subject to the UPC Acceptable Usage Policy, go to www.upc.ie for details. ''

So, the added bonus of a 'No Usage Cap’*. seems to imply that there was a usage cap up to this but now with the speed increase there is no usage cap, but as it transpires there was a usage cap all along & that No Usage Cap* is in fact a usage cap , so it's not exactly an added bonus.

Why couldn't they just have stated exactly what the usage cap is instead of making people spot the * and go on a treasure hunt through the entire site, or at least put a link to the relevant webpage instead of just www.upc.ie ?

Talk about confusing. I blame the *'s ......

Usage Cap to them = No restriction of access between certain times.:rolleyes:

jeckle wrote: »
    It's all very confusing, & the latest notification doesn't do much to clear things up.

''Your Fibre Power Broadband service has been upgraded from 15Mb to 20Mb. With Fibre Power Broadband you have the speed you need to make everything you want to do online faster and it’s ideal for families, gamers and those who want to boast about having the fastest Broadband speeds available. Your new Broadband speed has the added bonus of ‘No Usage Cap’*. ''

Then at the end of the page:

'' *Subject to the UPC Acceptable Usage Policy, go to www.upc.ie for details. ''

So, the added bonus of a 'No Usage Cap’*. seems to imply that there was a usage cap up to this but now with the speed increase there is no usage cap, but as it transpires there was a usage cap all along & that No Usage Cap* is in fact a usage cap , so it's not exactly an added bonus.

Why couldn't they just have stated exactly what the usage cap is instead of making people spot the * and go on a treasure hunt through the entire site, or at least put a link to the relevant webpage instead of just www.upc.ie ?

Talk about confusing. I blame the *'s ......

Are they actually sending these things out to customers by post?

It is very difficult to believe that any reasonable person could consider such a

communication to be anything less than deliberate deception. Terms and Conditions have a role but it is not the role of Terms and Conditions or a Fair Usage Policy (or whatever they may want to call it at any particular time) to contradict a clear statement from anybody never mind a "Sales and Marketing Director" which presumably is a senior position in UPC and therefore one would presume "trustworthy"?

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Usage Cap to them = No restriction of access between certain times.:rolleyes:

Usage cap = no restriction on deception more likely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

I'm not sure. Mine was in my message inbox online in the ''My UPC'' section dated 6th Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/acceptableusagepolicy/

500GB for Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb users

So there are no unlimited packages at all.

• Advertisement

They told me they'd sent it back in September, but I know that if I'd gotten it, we'd have laminated it and put it on the mantlepiece. They also said An Post had confirmed it'd been delivered, which I don't believe is possible, unless it was sent byregistered post, and we don't answer the front door, so it definitely wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Byyys

They also said An Post had confirmed it'd been delivered, which I don't believe is possible, unless it was sent byregistered post, and we don't answer the front door, so it definitely wasn't.
    ....be warned ill prob end up ranting on!!!!

They use this alot, I never got a Warning letter from them either, after a phone call they said "an post has confirmed it was recieved" if they sent it by Local Post (.55cent) how do they find out its being delivered? Its a different story if its registered post and you gota sign for the actual letter, as its not a registered letter An post cannot and would not say it was confirmed dilevered. upc do not send out registered letters to customers, so its a blatant lie!

not long after they changed my package to the extreme did i get a local letter in my door around 2 weeks after my bill, stating if i dont pay on time they would charge an extra €10 late payment fee, ontop of my bill thats over 100euro for 1 month broadband?!!! and if i dont pay the full amount before my next bill they will suspent my package and may take 7 days to get it back and a futher €50 reconnection fee... can i charge a fee for walking to the post office and waiting in line to pay the upc bill????!

If your thinking of getting the 30meg bb package, DONT! its not worth the trouble, there is a CAP of 250g and its not "unlimited" as they advertise, the 30meg package sure looks like a deal for €42 a month but dont be fooled, theres alot of extra fees thrown onto your bill, i used to pay by direct debt but one week the bank took 25euro charges from me the same day upc tired to take payment owed, yep the bank managed to get in first to take the money so i was short to pay the upc bill.. was charged like €15 for missing a direct debt date by upc, so after that month i canceled the direct debt and decided to pay threw my local post office. well if you pay by cash you get charged another feee, why is it when im paying with my hard earned cash you want another fee of €3?.. fcuk$$f!

30meg Broadband Extreme: € 42.00
    Stand alone charge: € 7.75
    no direct debt fee: € 2.99

so your broadband a month is more likely to be €55 a month!, payin by cash adds €36 to you bill every year for nothing! but i suppose if you go the direct debt way you can bet ur balls theres more charges, remember if you miss a debt payment day, you will be charged extra €10-15 extra!

funny enough upc changed the acceptable usage policy after i emailed them with these screenshots as to "why it state 250g limit for fibre broadband package in the usage policy but not on the package page itself, nor in the conditions, now when i looked at the policy it also mentioned "unless otherwize stated in your package" well to me it states differently and surely enough upc changed this part the day after i sent the email.

Old Policy A Week Ago:

"you monthly data transfer allowance depends upon which broadband package you have selected, the data transfer allowances for the various packages are 120GB for fibre power broadband 8Mb users and 250GB for fibre power broadband 15meg and 30meg users and 500GB for fibre power broadband 100mb users, all monthy data tranfer allowances refer to the cumalative amount of data uploaded and downloaded per month, unless otherwise specified in your particular package, for purposes of illustration only 1 gigabyte downstream of data transfer euquates to appriximately 200 music tracks, 650 shorts videos, 10,00 pictures or around 100 large software programs downloaded."

New Part Put In Its Place:

500GB for Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb users.

In 2 other places it cleary says Unlimited, (should really be UNLIMITED*) 1: on the package page "http://www.upc.ie/broadband/" UNLIMITED and 2: if you click >more info and scroll down the page and click on the conditions tab it says it one long paragraph thats not clear to read.

Conditions:

"The UPC Fibre Power Broadband service is only available to enabled homes. Installation is carried out by a third party installer. UPC will not be responsible for the installation. A €30 equipment activation fee applies for each Fibre Power Broadband service ordered. Orders placed online will get an online order credit of €20 for each Fibre Power Broadband service ordered. Choose to connect the service yourself to receive a further €10 credit for each Fibre Power Broadband service ordered. A standalone charge of €7.75 applies when not purchasing our TV service. A wireless router is included with the Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb and 30Mb packs. Equipment remains property of UPC. If a customer downgrades their 20Mb or 30Mb service within the first 4 months of installation they will be charged the €49.99 installation fee for the wireless router. All services are billed monthly and are payable by Direct Debit. A €3 charge applies to all bills for non-Direct Debit customers. A €10 Downgrade Administration Fee will be applied anytime you downgrade your service. Subject to a minimum contract period of twelve months for all services. A cancellation fee will apply should you cancel your service during the first twelve months. Monthly data usage is capped at 120GB for Fibre Power Broadband 10Mb, there is no monthly usage cap for Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb or 30Mb. All broadband services are subject to our acceptable usage policy. Average expected broadband speeds at peak times are 10Mb, 20Mb and 30Mb. Broadband speeds are the maximum possible speeds only. Actual speeds will vary depending on internet traffic, the sites you visit and other factors. As our Fibre Power Broadband service is provided over the UPC fibre power cable you do not require an eircom landline to access this service. Prices include VAT. Residential use only. eircom rates taken from www.eircom.ie."

They told me they'd sent it back in September, but I know that if I'd gotten it, we'd have laminated it and put it on the mantlepiece. They also said An Post had confirmed it'd been delivered, which I don't believe is possible, unless it was sent byregistered post, and we don't answer the front door, so it definitely wasn't.

This really is a very serious lie and is a serious issue for An Post who should be informed of it and act immediately.

It implies that An Post keep some sort of record of ordinary mail sent to people and are able to identify the sender. Obviously this would be a huge breach of privacy by An Post and is quite simply ridiculous. It also infers that the customer is a liar.

Byyys wrote: »
    ....be warned ill prob end up ranting on!!!!

They use this alot, I never got a Warning letter from them either, after a phone call they said "an post has confirmed it was recieved" if they sent it by Local Post (.55cent) how do they find out its being delivered? Its a different story if its registered post and you gota sign for the actual letter, as its not a registered letter An post cannot and would not say it was confirmed dilevered. upc do not send out registered letters to customers, so its a blatant lie!............................

Conditions:

"The UPC Fibre Power Broadband service is only available to enabled homes. Installation is carried out by a third party installer. UPC will not be responsible for the installation. A €30 equipment activation fee applies for each Fibre Power Broadband service ordered. Orders placed online will get an online order credit of €20 for each Fibre Power Broadband service ordered. Choose to connect the service yourself to receive a further €10 credit for each Fibre Power Broadband service ordered. A standalone charge of €7.75 applies when not purchasing our TV service. A wireless router is included with the Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb and 30Mb packs. Equipment remains property of UPC. If a customer downgrades their 20Mb or 30Mb service within the first 4 months of installation they will be charged the €49.99 installation fee for the wireless router. All services are billed monthly and are payable by Direct Debit. A €3 charge applies to all bills for non-Direct Debit customers. A €10 Downgrade Administration Fee will be applied anytime you downgrade your service. Subject to a minimum contract period of twelve months for all services. A cancellation fee will apply should you cancel your service during the first twelve months. Monthly data usage is capped at 120GB for Fibre Power Broadband 10Mb, there is no monthly usage cap for Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb or 30Mb. All broadband services are subject to our acceptable usage policy. Average expected broadband speeds at peak times are 10Mb, 20Mb and 30Mb. Broadband speeds are the maximum possible speeds only. Actual speeds will vary depending on internet traffic, the sites you visit and other factors. As our Fibre Power Broadband service is provided over the UPC fibre power cable you do not require an eircom landline to access this service. Prices include VAT. Residential use only. eircom rates taken from www.eircom.ie."

At last people are posting here on issues that I have been attempting to highlight for ages.

Can I emphasise to people once again UPC's apparent exploitation of the dd system as a source of funds to them?

As pointed out above UPC charge customers €11 euro if they miss a direct debit payment. This is not advised to customers when they are signing up for a direct debit method of payment. There is no provision in the direct debit scheme for companies to charge customers for missing payments as far as I can see and I have looked!

Also the dd scheme states (www.ipso.ie)

Trust and the Direct Debit
    The Direct Debit Instruction requires the customer to pre-authorise the debiting of (usually)
    unspecified amounts which will be notified to him. The pre-authorisation may be by means of a
    signed DDI or instruction (under Direct Debit Plus Rules) provided by the Payer, via the Originator, to
    the Paying Bank.
    The essence of such an arrangement is that of the total integrity of and trust in the Scheme. All
    Participants must work together to ensure that such integrity and trust is maintained

How can any scheme be trusted if users are hit by charges not advised in advance of their agreeing to participate in the scheme? How can the companies who behave in this be way be tolerated in the scheme?

Now here's how UPC appear to exploit the scheme for a stream of handy income:

Anyone not paying by dd is hit by €3 a month. UPC have over 750,000 customers. So lets say for the sake of argument 250,000 do not want to giver their bank details to a third party and pay otherwise. That's 750,000 euros a month or €9 million a year - now that is sure a lot of help towards their administrative costs. The €3 a month is supposed to be towards the administrative costs of non dd payment.

But it doesnt end there! That leaves 500,000 customers who pay by direct debit. Now my information is from chatting to bank staff that up to 10% of direct debits fail each month. Its hardly surprising in these days of unemployment etc. So thats up to 50,000 customers who would be liable to be hit by a charge that they were never advised of.

So thats 50,000 by €11. But lets be kind. The banks do make some charges on a company when a dd payment is not met. AFAIK my own bank charges the company the huge sum of €1 whereas they charge the customer €12.50!

The ESB also charge their customers €6 when they miss a dd (again a charge which is not advised in advance). So lets say UPC has the same cost base as the ESB - unlikely I would think. It still means they are getting a fiver per customer over the ESB. So 50,000 by 5 = 250,000 euros per month!!! A cool €3m per year.

So taking the €3 monthly fee and the non advised €11 dd fail fee UPC could be getting €12m out of the dd system. They could teach Ticketmaster a few tricks about ad ons!

Ok so these figures are speculative and there could be any combination involved of dd payers and non dd payers but whichever way you look at it UPC are exploiting the dd system to generate a considerable amount of money for themselves and the disgraceful part of it is that the dd system pleads "trust and integrity" and look what happens.

Remember too that when a dd hits an account it is for payment in advance - you pay in advance so its not as if you actually owe them money at the time. You are giving them an interest free loan very month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Byyys

It dosent matter if you pay by direct debt or cash, UPC will add "fees" in some way or another, I signed up for the 30meg package online and when showing the price in the "shopping basket" after going threw the sign up process as only €42 inc vat, i tought it was a pretty good deal, until i reliazed from my first bill its around €10 more with "fees" added.

Not to mention the limit that i tought was unlimited, the point im trying to make is upc are deceiving customers, they have to be more clear on their prices online, show excatly what the prices are including fees + vat and take away this "UNLIMITED" word they love using when infact its quite the opposite, i didnt know of any usage limits the time of siging up online to the service, the only place it mentioned a usage limit was in the acceptable usage policy, under this is had "unless otherwise specified in your particular package" - this basicly ment to me that unless it said unlimited otherwize, there is a limit of 250g, on the packages page and in the Conditions it did state UNLIMITED - so i pursumed it was unlimited.

Its really pissed me off UPC removed this comment from the policy a few days ago, after i took the screen shots and pointed it out. a case perhaps?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Why do some people on these forums continue to bash UPC over and over again? :rolleyes: 250GB is enough for me and everybody else in my household and I am a heavy user (I stream lots of HD movies and download tons of games off steam)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 soreal

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Why do some people on these forums continue to bash UPC over and over again? :rolleyes: 250GB is enough for me and everybody else in my household and I am a heavy user (I stream lots of HD movies and download tons of games off steam)

i used to think 250g is more than enough... but last month apparently upc disagreed..

how about the fact that upc does not allow me to monitor my monthly usage so i can compare their record with mine? or at least be proactive in observing their limit by curtailing my usage ?

last year i had this issue, and all i had to do is call support to know how much i used on a weekly bases.
    last month i got one of those letters again, and when i called support, they said that there is no way to monitor my usage. and when i told her about the letter containing my usage, she reluctantly gave me an email to contact...
    i mean eircom allows their customer access to their usage stats, why cant upc allow such transparency?

there is something very fishy about the whole thing, me think.

Trevor451 wrote: »

Jesus that's a retarded post. Did you read any of the replies? Their reasons are pretty comprehensively spelled out.

I had a reply from the customer service rep, it made me chuckle. Fair play to her, even though they're not allowed monitor the actual traffic, to see what sites we're accessing, she was well savvy, and said -
    I have also noticed that you upload is a lot bigger then your download a suggestion that might help you ease off the usage would be to stop seeding torrents. After you download a movie or music file from a torrent site stop it seeding if you do not you will create a high upload that happens every time you are on line

Jesus that's a retarded post. Did you read any of the replies? Their reasons are pretty comprehensively spelled out.
    there's a select few vast number of special people on the forums who feel that their internet usage is the only yardstick to measure by and therefore if you use more bandwidth than they do you are some kind of abnormal who has no right to use the internet or complain about usage restrictions on a product that is advertised as an *unlimited* product "with no usage limits".

what they don't seem to understand however is that their definition of heavy usage is subjective and that what other people do with their bandwidth has got feck all to do with them.

most of the people who have a problem with the 30mbps broadband package don't actually have a problem with the 250gb limit, they just want UPC to stop calling it unlimited when it quite clearly isn't, particularly when they send out threatening letters to epople for going over that limit when they give those same customers absolutely no way to measure how much they are using. :rolleyes:

i've no problem paying the price i am paying now for a 30mbps product with a 250gb cap, just don't try and tell me it is unlimited when it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

there's a select few vast number of special people on the forums who feel that their internet usage is the only yardstick to measure by and therefore if you use more bandwidth than they do you are some kind of abnormal who has no right to use the internet or complain about usage restrictions on a product that is advertised as an *unlimited* product "with no usage limits".

what they don't seem to understand however is that their definition of heavy usage is subjective and that what other people do with their bandwidth has got feck all to do with them.

most of the people who have a problem with the 30mbps broadband package don't actually have a problem with the 250gb limit, they just want UPC to stop calling it unlimited when it quite clearly isn't, particularly when they send out threatening letters to epople for going over that limit when they give those same customers absolutely no way to measure how much they are using. :rolleyes:

i've no problem paying the price i am paying now for a 30mbps product with a 250gb cap, just don't try and tell me it is unlimited when it isn't.

and fine you 80 quid! Why not just throttle the BB speed, no just use it as an excuse to screw more cash out of there customers!:mad:

Advertisement