Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apprenticeships

Options
  • 09-02-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi I'm living in Galway city and want to do an apprenticeship in carpentry or the likes but i would like to get the feel for this trade before blowing money on tools and whatnot too see if i like the trade. so what I'm asking is does anybody know of any "courses" in trades that i can do instead of going straight on site? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

FÁS is the only thing that springs to mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mark-zapcat

thanks for the fast reply but fás means i have to get an employer for a few months before i actually go to the fás training center, thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ah right, thought you went into the Training centre, THEN to the employer and then back to the Training centre again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

instead of going straight on site?

You need have no worries about going straight on site! There are few sites left out there!

It doesn't start until september, but GTI do a furniture design course.

Try FÁS website to search for courses, they run various types of courses starting at various times during the year at various FÁS locations throughout Ireland! They are your best chance of getting a course starting soon, since most courses start in september and some others in January.

You can also try GMIT evening classes, they are starting this week I think and they might have a short one evening a week course in something you might like. The other GTI's have the same, but they might have already started for a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

GMIT-Letterfrack practically specialize in woodwork/carpentry

Heres the programs list http://www.letterfrack.net/progr1.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement