Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling centres

Options
  • 09-02-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,

Went to my local county council recycling centre today (Rafeen/Monkstown) to discover that they're now charging 3 euro/visit for recycling!!! Aparently this change effects all county council recycling centres.

Anyone know of anywhere i can recycle my paper, cardboard, bottles and plastic without it costing me??

Cheers

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Illegal dumping will start again now so I'd say... Well done CoCo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Illegal dumping will start again now so I'd say... Well done CoCo

Hopefully, on the steps of the CoCo offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Theres nowhere for the recycled material to go as the value has crashed so most of it will end up in landfill so you might as well throw it in the bin and save yourself the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

I Live near Raffeen, and I notice a lot of Bin liners dumped in the Ditches - but the Council has seen it as a Financial priority to erect signs indicating the number for every B road in the area. The Signage diarrohea extends to a Mis-spelled sign 'as Gaeilge' welcoming people to - an Rath nhin (Rath Mhin), If only they had cut and pasted the existing sign which was perfectly adequate. Wow - we really needed 2 Signs advising us that we are entering Rafeen. The recycling centre has really put us on the Map!!

Advertisement