Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geting Extra Offers

• 09-02-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a better deals from Mobile phone companies, than what they advertise.
    ie, if you are a long time customer and threaten to leave, will you get a sweetener to stay.

I've heard stories of them doing this, but they are always a friend of a friend.

i'm not interested in a discounted phone, but more along the lines of a free 'add on' or reduced line rental

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

We sometimes do this on our network but it is on a case by case basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i've been an o2 customer for 8 or 9 yrs (e-sat as it was back then), Pay by DD, Bills usually €60 - €85 pm

I looked for a free add-on today, as i am going to move network, but a free add on would keep me.
    I was told that they couldnt do it :(

So now i'm moving

I asked for the agent to escalate it and maybe arrange someone else to look at my situation and call me back, but i dont think this is gonna happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Can you join onto my forum so I can have a look at your situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you threaten to leave they may call your bluff and go but if you're intent on going anyway then you have nothing to lose.

Maybe give your network a buzz and ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Random wrote: »
    If you threaten to leave they may call your bluff and go but if you're intent on going anyway then you have nothing to lose.

Maybe give your network a buzz and ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've been on to them already, Initially to check what other price plans are available.. But i called other networks as well to check out their plans.

I got back to my network.. explained all to them, also told them that my partner was on Voda and that we were both going to go the same network, be that o2 or voda or meteor.

Told them that i would stay if i they could give me the 250MB data add on for free.. and i would bring an extra customer their way as well..

No Joy

• Advertisement
Advertisement