Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I email everyone in UCD?

Options
  • 09-02-2009 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

Ambitious first post but (big breath)..............

There is a method that the ucd connect system allows you to email every user on the ucdconnect system.

Does anyone know how to do this.

Sound if anyone does

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Even if there was, and even I knew, I wouldn't tell you, because I don't want emails from randomers. If this function existed, can you imagine what kind of crap would fill your inbox? Ads for property, evangelicals trying to convert you, people bitching about politics, and so on. The most you can do is email everyone in one specific module, and to do this you click "send email" in the communication section of blackboard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sysadmins have the means of setting up a group e-mail account with all possible recipients as members (of course there are multiple servers involved). The last time there was a single server with all accounts on it as a group- was on the Midir server (thats almost 10 years ago).

S.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Someone did this in trinity when i was there using peoplefinder.

they got in trouble.

I would imagine you would aswell

also, emailing SU election spam is neither big nor clever. It does make people want to spit on you tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Enough people are already sending **** to me that I don't care about via the UCD lists, it doesn't need other students sending one to every student on campus

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Passport to being hated by everybody on campus. Don't do it.

There are mail distribution lists but the SMTP server does access control on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Would it not qualify as spam? I think maybe illegal unsolicited mail.

Also, yes, people would probably throw things at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Yes i know.

You need 8 people. One at the stillorgan road gate. Two at the fosters avenue gates. One at Clonskeagh gate. Two at the small rusty gates, One manning the bushes and One covering the on-campus accomodation.

Ye all have to be at your positions at 06:55, apart from the man on the bushes. He has to be there at 4. Ask everyone entering their forname and surname (under no circumstances must you allow entry until you verify this information is correct), make a note of it, mental or otherwise, and then simply forename.surname@ucdconnect.ie.

Of course for this plan to work everybody has to be in on the one day, so I'd say go with a Tuesday. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mclean_414 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

There is a method that the ucd connect system allows you to email every user on the ucdconnect system.

Sound if anyone does

Do this and I will make sure you are keelhauled. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Enough people are already sending **** to me that I don't care about via the UCD lists, it doesn't need other students sending one to every student on campus

Keep getting emails from random lecturers with nothing to do with my course, telling me that my options/rooms/what ever else comes into their head has been changed :mad::mad:

Oh that and 50 gazillion emails from UCD IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Dinkie wrote: »
    Keep getting emails from random lecturers with nothing to do with my course, telling me that my options/rooms/what ever else comes into their head has been changed :mad::mad:

Oh that and 50 gazillion emails from UCD IT

A certain engineering lecturer keeps sending them to all ucd instead of first year engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

A certain engineering lecturer keeps sending them to all ucd instead of first year engineering

yeh that is ridiculously annoying...

i keep getting emails about timetabling my Quantitative Surveying exam... very frustrating considering i have never once been in one of those modules..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thats exactly the guy i'm talking about.... I'm doing a couple of similar subjects, and it confuses me for a few seconds each time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

DIAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyway, if I may drag this back on topic, I have one word for the OP: NO. :mad:

Unless it's something specifically relevant to me, or official university business - which does not include SU election campaigns - I don't want it.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Mclean_414 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Sound if anyone does

Hey OP, there's a trick to doing it, but I don't wanna put it up here. PM me your email, and I'll send it to you that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

I also know of a way. Give me your e-mail and i'll make sure you get an email or 70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Right now maybe I'm stupid n blind but I ordered tickets online for The Blizzards in the Student Bar on wednesday cos I wouldnt be oncampus to buy them before.

But I can't see if I have to pick them up or they get delivered......

Anyone know? The ents website doesn't seem too clear on it....

Advertisement