Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going to live in Vienna!

Options
  • 09-02-2009 8:40pm

Hey guys,

Im moving to Vienna next week,
    I will be working in the city centre, near Karlsplatz.

Could you guys give me advice on where is nice to live and what kind of prices I should be expecting.
    Does anyone know anything about swimming pools in Vienna??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

Hey guys,

Im moving to Vienna next week,
    I will be working in the city centre, near Karlsplatz.

Could you guys give me advice on where is nice to live and what kind of prices I should be expecting.
    Does anyone know anything about swimming pools in Vienna??

You lucky lucky lucky thing! I lived there for a few years many moons ago :D Prices are similar to any major European city to be honest, although it was\is generally speaking better value than the Ireland of the boom days. I really can't comment as to what it is like now as it has been quite a while. As for where to live I was at Inner Stadt - expensive but the heart of the city. There are so many fantastic places nearby though so you most certainly won't be stuck and there are excellent, efficient transport links to every part of the city.!!

As for swimming pools - if you like thermal baths; I recommend Oberlaa. It's in a rough part of town from recollection but the tram stops right outside. The outdoor portion is magical at night time during winter when it's snowing! Can be quite a few frisky couples though but if you're doing the same you won't mind :)

All the best with your move!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭musings

There is one swimming pool in Vienna that blows all the others away, that is the one, the only Krapfenwaldbad.

It overlooks the city on the side of the hills and is near the nice Grinzing area.

Its probably the nicest part of Wien actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Just as a matter of interest, how did you manage to get a job in Austria? I heard that you have to write your CV by hand, and an apprenticeship of some sort is a necessity - a degree alone OR several years of work experience is not enough for them.

I don't know whether above is true, but is it extremely difficult to get any sort of job in Austria?

Advertisement