Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Netopia Modem - Can I run ethernet cable from PC?

Options
  • 09-02-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

Cousins of mine have recently got BB reactivated in their house. They have a Netopia 3342 USB modem. I had recommended to them that they should buy the Devolo network plugs, so access can be had throughout their house. Only on calling out to them did I realise that they had a USB connection, instead of ethernet.

With a PC connected online via USB, is it possible to run an ethernet cable from this PC to another device (switch, network point, etc), or will I encounter problems?

Any alternative hardware to get to combat these potential problems? Any info appreciated lads as they have purchased the Devolo plugs, and would like to get things sorted soon.

Advertisement