Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! How much is this worth?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

not 45k more than this one anyway
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=418638

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Karlrove

yeah, heard 52 was sale agreed...do you reckon no 52 went for a good price? If I got 75 for same price,good business do you think??..very nice area. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

According to the Property Bee which logs prices on Daft, 52 went on the market at 425K on 19-Nov, went sale agreed, on sale again, price reduced to 385K on 19-Jan and sale agreed again.

Given the history, I certainly doubt it went for more than the asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

If it were me, I would probably start bidding at €370, just to see what they say, as considering the price it is on the market, and the price other properties in the area have gone/are going for, it would give you an indication of their negotiation attitude.

Yeah,370 seems like a good starting point. These houses were going for 560 about 18 months ago as far as i kno. Do you think if they accepted 370k it would be good,realy like the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Karlrove wrote: »
    Yeah,370 seems like a good starting point. These houses were going for 560 about 18 months ago as far as i kno. Do you think if they accepted 370k it would be good,realy like the house

if it's very affordable at 370

you plan on staying here for the next 5-10 years

you have a big deposit or sold and have it in cash.

you're in a very very stable job.

then it's good.

I would be starting a lot lower than 370 and don't get too attached.

if you start to get too emotionally attached give your maximum bid to a friend and let them do your bidding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hotredhead

I think it's a god price.We were looking in this area a couple of years ago and these houses were much more expensive and out of our range at that time.Do put in a lower bid though.Good luck.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

ntlbell wrote: »
    if it's very affordable at 370

you plan on staying here for the next 5-10 years

you have a big deposit or sold and have it in cash.

you're in a very very stable job.

then it's good.

I would be starting a lot lower than 370 and don't get too attached.

if you start to get too emotionally attached give your maximum bid to a friend and let them do your bidding.

Add to that;

If you can honestly say it wouldn't really bother you if 18 months from now these are selling for €250k or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

hotredhead wrote: »
    I think it's a god price.We were looking in this area a couple of years ago and these houses were much more expensive and out of our range at that time.Do put in a lower bid though.Good luck.

Just because they were more expensive a few years ago doesn't mean that any price now lower is good value :rolleyes:
    All property has dropped in value, just ask Sean Dunne :D

You are right though about putting in a low bid.
    It is not as if there are many people now queing to buy.
    Also beware prices ain't going to go up any time in next 5 odd years.
    Maybe make that 10 years with the way things are going :rolleyes:

Be prepared to stay for good few years.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

iquana ill bet you €50 them houses wont be 250 or even close?

90,000.00 is a nice few pound off if you ask me imo a 3 bed semi in dublin is the most valuable house you can buy

• Advertisement

jetski wrote: »

90,000.00 is a nice few pound off if you ask me imo a 3 bed semi in dublin is the most valuable house you can buy

Is it more valuable than a 6 bed period detached house in Dublin? Is it more valuable than a 3 bed semi in a nice part of London? Is it more valuable than a 6 bed period detached house in a nice part of London? No, no and no.

In my neck of the woods, Wimbledon, SW London, even the estate agents are stating that house prices here have fallen at least 25% from peak in the last 18 months, and will probably continue to fall further. The reality is that there is a house on my street for auction with a guide of £325k, the peak house sold for £721k.

I used to be very skeptical about the price crash, but once you look at the facts the reality is very clear. I'll see your €50 and raise you €99,950 if you like. I have very little doubt that those houses will be valued below €250k before the bottom is reached. If you're good for the money I'll gladly take it off you.:p

How will you find away to prove the sale agreed price?

If you work that part out I'll give you as much action as you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ascottdub

This house in Admiral Park sounds like the houses near or in The coast in Baldoyle.

Be bloody careful as some of those are already subsiding, and as far as I'm aware there's a huge lawsuit going on with some of the estate.

I'm not saying it applies to this house, just be careful

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

iguana wrote: »
    Is it more valuable than a 6 bed period detached house in Dublin? Is it more valuable than a 3 bed semi in a nice part of London? Is it more valuable than a 6 bed period detached house in a nice part of London? No, no and no.

In my neck of the woods, Wimbledon, SW London, even the estate agents are stating that house prices here have fallen at least 25% from peak in the last 18 months, and will probably continue to fall further. The reality is that there is a house on my street for auction with a guide of £325k, the peak house sold for £721k.

I used to be very skeptical about the price crash, but once you look at the facts the reality is very clear. I'll see your €50 and raise you €99,950 if you like. I have very little doubt that those houses will be valued below €250k before the bottom is reached. If you're good for the money I'll gladly take it off you.:p

Im talking about ireland. The most valuable type of house you can buy is a 3 bed semi and im not talking in terms of individual price but more as in the value for money in general. im serious on the €50 btw

Im talking about ireland. The most valuable type of house you can buy is a 3 bed semi and im not talking in terms of individual price but more as in the value for money in general. im serious on the €50 btw

ireland is different right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

That price is loopers.:eek: FFS it's a three-bed semi.:rolleyes:

Before you buy ANYTHING check these sites out - and judge for yourself. If I were you I wouldn't even consider anything for at LEAST another 6 - 9 months.

www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com

www.irishpropertywatch.com

www.thepropertypin.com

Check them out. You won't be sorry.;):cool:

ascottdub wrote: »
    This house in Admiral Park sounds like the houses near or in The coast in Baldoyle.

Be bloody careful as some of those are already subsiding, and as far as I'm aware there's a huge lawsuit going on with some of the estate.

I'm not saying it applies to this house, just be careful

Good luck
    nothing to do with the coast or the subsidence.

prices are sticky in this area for some reason, but 200-250k is easily possible

Thanks for the replys guys,seriously. Any more thoughts welcome...i just cabnt see these houses coming down way further and if they do go down,i think they could be snapped up.9if you know the area,its realy nice).

Thanks for the replys guys,seriously. Any more thoughts welcome...i just cabnt see these houses coming down way further and if they do go down,i think they could be snapped up.9if you know the area,its realy nice).

Can you explain why they won't drop any further and who's going to snap them up?

Unemployment is growing at 1600 people added to the dole every day.

Rent is dropping all over the place bye bye canny mc savvy.

Banks demanding deposits and tightening up lending criteria.

no job is safe.

The country is going into a very dark place can you please as I'd really like to know

your reasoning on why they won't drop any further?

I donts think people will sell below 370k in this area....do you think a propertylike this will drop 50k in 6-12 months? I dont think so. Does anyone know the area Im talking about? I d love to hear your thoughts

• Advertisement

I donts think people will sell below 370k in this area....do you think a propertylike this will drop 50k in 6-12 months? I dont think so. Does anyone know the area Im talking about? I d love to hear your thoughts

Your telling me what you think is going to happen.

Your not telling me why.

I'll ask again.

Why do you think they won't sell below 370k?

I know the area very well I'm just having a problem with your reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

You're missing the point. ntlbell has covered it very well. Visit those three sites I posted and decide for yourself. As far as I can see you're trying to convince YOURSELF to buy it.

You'll regret it.

take a look at part of the advert in 52

"REDUCED PRICE UNDER MARKET VALUE FOR AN IMMEDIATE SALE - 50,000 EURO UNDER MARKET VALUE, NOT OVERLOOKED FRONT OR"

If the area is as sought after as you think it is and money is so easiliy available why on earth would he be dropping 50k off the bat?

You're getting too emotional about this, take a step back have a look at whats going on don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

close to portmarnock
    lol. Its a fair ould walk and I don't think theres any footpath.

well its a fact..it could be snapped up by a afirst time buyer...anyway,I heard its being sold by a builder who wants rid....I know people on the road and around the arae and they say its agreat price. Just dont wana let it pass me by and find out in years time that a property in a nice area that ticks all the boxes cant be got. I wouldnt realy care if it it depreciates as I d plan to stay for 5-10 years or more...to live in such an area u mite have to pay that price....if you look aroung the vicinity like sutton and other places in Baldoyle, other houses are in an inferior location and arent as good house yet theyre going for 50-60k or more than this one.

Are you saying 370 is a bad price...how much would be good so? dont think im being emotional here!

well its a fact..it could be snapped up by a afirst time buyer...anyway,I heard its being sold by a builder who wants rid....I know people on the road and around the arae and they say its agreat price. Just dont wana let it pass me by and find out in years time that a property in a nice area that ticks all the boxes cant be got. I wouldnt realy care if it it depreciates as I d plan to stay for 5-10 years or more...to live in such an area u mite have to pay that price....if you look aroung the vicinity like sutton and other places in Baldoyle, other houses are in an inferior location and arent as good house yet theyre going for 50-60k or more than this one.

Are you saying 370 is a bad price...how much would be good so? dont think im being emotional here!

I'm not talking about one single house I'm talking about houses in that area I don't know what that one single seller will do I have no idea

but I know if you bide your time and wait you will have an abundance of houses that tick all the boxes at a much lower price but i'm getting a bit tired of this conversation so i'll post my previous thoughts as we're going around in circles

if you can afford it.

dont plan on moving in the near future.

then fire away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

Guys let him buy the house, its pretty obvious he's become emontially attached and this is no longer a business transaction. Your energy is better off spent elsewhere.

The fact of the matter is that in Ireland there are very few unique houses. So just because this one ticks all the boxes it doesn't mean that there aren't 100 more that will as well. I'm not looking to buy right now as I have no idea when or if I'll be moving back to Ireland. But I keep an eye on things from time to time. At the weekend I found 35 houses in a 3msq area that I'd be extremely happy to live in. And if I can't manage to live in that particular region I'd happily live in 5 or 6 other places.

You have to learn to ignore the current asking prices, or the peak prices, they have no bearing on what the property is worth. It's really hard to get that out of your head. But what has happened in the last 8-10 years in the property market was divorced from reality. Thinking a property is good value because it's cheaper than it was 2 years ago is not a good way to determine if it's a good deal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

How old is the house do you know? Someone mentioned a law suit in the area on an estate near there, if not that estate, and am wondering if this is what I think it is.

• Advertisement

these houses are around 15 yers old and have nothing to do with the pyrite in the coast.

no house in baldoyle is worth that kind of money.
    belmane, castlemayne, clongriffin, the coast and a fair few other mid-high density estates are sitting empty around this area.
    its one of the most oversupplied regions in dublin and prices have a long long way to go.

i agree that 3 bed semis will be probably the most aspired to houses in the area (as that is it in terms of maximum spec) but this never was an aspirational area. its working class.

houses will sell at multiples of average income.
    work out the average income in baldoyle ind est or the civil service and go from there.

Advertisement