Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil - stolen????

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

So, they're giving you 90% less oil than you're buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

for god sake why do some people take every word literally? Do you expect me to say 6.348 times or 9.715 times, its just a saying !

I ordered 500litres but when i went out and measured it I only got 300litres. An elderly lady that I look after had 500litres ordered but only got 190litres when I measured it for her. You can then take into account that its not the cleaniest of fuel that your buying also !

I changed company after this and went from ordering oil every 6-8 weeks for the eldery lady to once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think it might be worth telling us which school you went to so we avoid sending our children there.

Or possibly the name of the business you bought your measuring tool off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Apt username...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

Hi i live in westmeath... and can tell you its happening everywher. Mine was stolen two weeks before Christmas. They unscrewed my outlet pipe and stole it from there.... hence a lock on top is no good anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Soone tried to steal our oil but I came out of the house and caught them-they did a runner! They didn't think anyone was at home that day as my car was parked at the side of the house and out of view of the road. They had a pickup truck, tanks, hose reels etc And when I caught them they had the lid of the oil tank open!!!

Advertisement