Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4gb 1000mhz vs 6gb 800mhz

Options
  • 09-02-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

well guys,

I was just trying to test out which of the following configs would benchmark higher: 4gb 1000mhz vs 6gb 800mhz

I already have 2 sticks of 1000mhz (4gb) in there, I just slotted in the other 2 sticks of 800mhz (2gb) and I got some very odd occurances in windows.

avg popped up and said it was missing an instal file and the instalation was corrupt.
    tried opening iTunes, corrupt install.
    IE kept crashing.

so, i took out the two sticks of 800mhz (2gb) and all was okay again with my original config.

what just happened?.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

well guys,

I was just trying to test out which of the following configs would benchmark higher: 4gb 1000mhz vs 6gb 800mhz

I already have 2 sticks of 1000mhz (4gb) in there, I just slotted in the other 2 sticks of 800mhz (2gb) and I got some very odd occurances in windows.

avg popped up and said it was missing an instal file and the instalation was corrupt.
    tried opening iTunes, corrupt install.
    IE kept crashing.

so, i took out the two sticks of 800mhz (2gb) and all was okay again with my original config.

what just happened?.....

Pixies.

1) timings were not set correctly ( though I assume you set the ram timings manaually in the bios down to 800Mhz with loose timings for all the ram?)

2) The 2 differnt types of ram don't mix well together. It does happen from time to time. Usually you get away with it though.:D

Advertisement