Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street fighter 4 players

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Xbox Tag: SeanderMann

Im pretty crap at the game tbh, cause I only play it casually now and again, but I don't mind losing :)

Is it fair to say...that if your not gonna play competitively theres no point in buying one of these gamepad/joysticks people are talking about ??

Am i more than likely gonna be limited with skill due to using the 360 pad ?...its just if a store had one i'd buy it, but to order online etc etc just to play occasionaly doesn't seem to be worth it....but if I don't then i'm just gonna get my ass handed to me ?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Xbox Tag: SeanderMann

Im pretty crap at the game tbh, cause I only play it casually now and again, but I don't mind losing :)

Is it fair to say...that if your not gonna play competitively theres no point in buying one of these gamepad/joysticks people are talking about ??

Am i more than likely gonna be limited with skill due to using the 360 pad ?...its just if a store had one i'd buy it, but to order online etc etc just to play occasionaly doesn't seem to be worth it....but if I don't then i'm just gonna get my ass handed to me ?? :P

The pad vs stick debate comes down to preferred input method. I suggest trying before you buy if possible. However if you are just starting out on an arcade stick, there is a learning curve. As you will need time to get used to it. So bear that in mind on your first shot on a stick.

For a fighting game, an arcade stick is a more authentic method of input when played on a console. These games were designed primarily for use on arcade cabs. As a friend once said, "Playing a fighting game without an arcade stick is like playing Guitar Hero without the guitar". While I think thats very true, it will not limit your enjoyment of the game if you do not use one.

As regards skill, one of the best players I know uses a pad in a group of people that use sticks. So using a stick will not automatically make you better than a pad player. Nor will using a pad make you worse than a stick player.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Does anywhere have fight pads or arcade sticks in stock yet? I've been looking on and off since SF4 was released and not much luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Get your game face on! eSports.ie has launched a StreetFighter IV tournaments for XBox 360. Only bragging rights and pride at stake at the moment but hopefully will be a bit of fun.

You do need to be a registered member and logged in to eSports.ie in order to be able to register your interest for the upcoming tournament (simply comment on the news post - XBox 360). Any hassle, let me know...Any questions, comments, etc send them on to me too.

Sign-ups close on April 25th and the games will begin!

Just to gauge interest, should there be a "From The Game" section where competitors can post their own match reports?

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

I played SeanderMann last night in a few good games hope to play again.

I,m using a fightpad and i love it but i would love to try a stick can anyone tell me where to go for a good one thats cheap and not mad catz or hori cause they are just really pricey sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah good games man :):D

I'm an awful noob at the game, but all part of the learning curve...I have to use the 360 D-Pad, as I'm a casual gamer and can't justify ordering off ebay :P , though i'd buy a stick/ad if they were in a shop

Great game...nice job with sagat

Cammy is quite impressive...though sayin that i was mashin every combination i knew to try pull off a move :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

i cant play as cammy i just cant use her.
    I like saget i only started playing as him lately bison was my main.
    I like abel to but i can never get a win with him but i like to use him anyway.
    Id love to get a stick but they are just to much money.
    I got a ken fightpad which i think is great but i payed to much for that just in a rush to get one.
    We will play again soon i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I'll be playing now in 15 mins if anyone is up for a few games.

Just add me and set up a match and I'll hop right in.

GT is imLOST irl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Desmondo2000

I use a stick got it off weebay its a hori ex2 70euro not bad price there is not much of a choice when it comes to sticks on the xbox only hori and madcats I think but there are people out there that build custom ones with high end sanwa parts I'd like one of those please if anyone can build me one

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Will be on Xbox Live in about 10 minutes. If any of you are interested in a few matched tonight my tag is venom lash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

evanryan182

ALWAYS up for games, I main Chun.

Add me - just mention you're from boards.ie

Advertisement