Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street fighter 4 players

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

calex71 wrote: »
    bet theres a lot more now that illegal copies got released earlier :D

:eek:

the shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

calex71 wrote: »
    bet theres a lot more now that illegal copies got released earlier :D

theyll all be banned tho

strict conditions on the game so capcom will know whos acting the bollix pretty quick

€120 on a controller

i must be fcuking insane

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-15-Real+Arcade+Pro+Ex-70-2xsv.html

*edit*

thank christ for obscene shipping charges. i bought a cheaper one from amazon instead after i got a bit of sense lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Helix wrote: »
    theyll all be banned tho

strict conditions on the game so capcom will know whos acting the bollix pretty quick

are they able to differentiate between you and somebody who downloaded it? might you not be banned as well?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    are they able to differentiate between you and somebody who downloaded it? might you not be banned as well?

i wont, because i know the stipulations of having a copy, so i wont do the things im not meant to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

oh ok, i thought you just meant they'd boot anyone who was online before the official release date. i might look into getting a stick for this, i haven't had one since i had super street fighter 2 on the megadrive, the stick itself on that was a bit small though. I'd like a heavy duty thing that i could really go mad on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

if you are used to a pad, the stick is a big change. I have been playing SF for years with a pad and so I wont be getting one. I have a SFIV pad arriving from Play so I'll let ye know what it's like.

I have no doubts that it will be a great pad, I'm just hoping it will be durable!

the sfiv pad looks very nice i have to say

decided on the stick myself tho, but its been about 15 years since i had one like yourself lol

i was on to game dawson st this morning about the sticks they said there's little or no chance of them getting even one of them

livid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

how come?

have they none left in stock or what?

could this thread be used for people to stick up prices of sticks and the best places to get them, reviews etc

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    how come?

have they none left in stock or what?

could this thread be used for people to stick up prices of sticks and the best places to get them, reviews etc

they didn't get any stock at all.

when people came to pre-order they put in for a few sticks but they're not very hopeful of getting any to meet any pre orders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I checked Gamestop yesterday and was told that they won't be getting any of the Mad Catz stuff in. They might be getting 'third party' ones, whatever that means. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

My Gamer Tag is in my sig.

added everyone

urgh, the online is a joke at the minute

people wont play me coz i keep beating them when they do so every time i get a match its against someone ive aleady played and they kick me out

christ on a bike if youre not willing to play against someone whos beaten you a few times then you might as well give up. how the hell do these people expect to get better at the game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

people wont play me coz i keep beating them when they do so every time i get a match its against someone ive aleady played and they kick me out

christ on a bike if youre not willing to play against someone whos beaten you a few times then you might as well give up. how the hell do these people expect to get better at the game

How does it play online? Is there any lag?

fancy a bit of sfthd? :(

only have it on the ps3 unfortunately

found a chap whos bloody good at sf4

he did me 5 times in a row

added him as a friend, defo gonna enjoy playing him in future. hes good, but i reckon i can do him if i keep playing against him

FutureGuy wrote: »
    How does it play online? Is there any lag?

no lag at all, its perfect tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

no lag at all, its perfect tbh

Whats the matchmaking like? Can you see name before the fight like the original SFII on Live?

I wasn't a fan of the new SFIIHD system where you only saw your opponents name in the fight and not the choose character screen.

Also is there a ranking system and how is it displayed?

EDIT - Sorry for all the questions but gosh darnit, Im just so impatient to play it!

• Advertisement

not a huge amount of people online so tbh i cant really give a fair assessment of matchmaking

re ranking, no raking play allowed for review copies til the 20th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Tag's in the sig again.

Will try get round to adding everyone above before it comes out.

Have been playing a bit of ssf2thdr so i'm not 100% rusty, but I'll still get my ass handed to me by any sort of decent player! :o Still can't wait though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

added everyone

i was so jealous yesterday when i saw a newly added friend was playing SF4. i will have my vengence. . .well maybe after about a month of getting consistantly spanked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Any one had any experience with pre-orders from thehut.co.uk? I ordered mine from them. Got it for €34!

Wondering will I have it on release day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

A-Trak wrote: »
    Im just so impatient to play it!

I'm not surprised you're impatient, it's one of the best games I have played, It plays so well and it looks amazing.

Has anyone here successfully adapted their game to the standard xbox controller? I tried playing SFII on it but just couldn't cope, and I can't afford the gamepad or arcade sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Really not looking forward to getting to grips with the 360 controller... Played a bit of 3S recently and the lack of finesse starts to get on your tits after a while, but I just can't afford to splash out money on decent sticks:(
    Guess it won't matter as much, as I'll only be playing offline and my flatmate's will be lambs to the slaughter.

Looking forward to heading down to HMV Oxford street next Friday to play it how it's meant to be played

tman wrote: »
    Really not looking forward to getting to grips with the 360 controller... Played a bit of 3S recently and the lack of finesse starts to get on your tits after a while, but I just can't afford to splash out money on decent sticks:(
    Guess it won't matter as much, as I'll only be playing offline and my flatmate's will be lambs to the slaughter.

Looking forward to heading down to HMV Oxford street next Friday to play it how it's meant to be played

the madcatz controllers are suppose to be very good and are resaonable enough price wise if you can get your hands on one

the 360 controller is a disaster:mad::mad:

tman wrote: »

What's going on there? Do they have sticks or :eek: a cab?

• Advertisement

full arcade angle from the pr **** ive been sent. should be good

Advertisement