Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street fighter 4 players

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Helix wrote: »
    let us know how you get on!

Not well. There was some, ehm, unpleasantness.
    Apparently middle aged women who work there don't appreciate how much I need this game, and selling it a few hours early is a "Crime,"

I can never go back.

Anyways I'll console myself with a few ales and hope my pads arrive in the morning and I'll pick it up in Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

lol disaster

clued in management type i suppose. i was gonna check in balbriggan out of curiousity but its a 20 minute walk and im absolutely knackered, plus i already have it.

never had a problem getting a game pre release in xtravision tho. got fifa 09 no bother at all, and thats when nowhere at all would break the date. just walked in, picked it off the shelf display they were organising for the following morning and paid for it, no questions asked

Going a little off topic here; but does anyone know of any stores (online or otherwise) that have joysticks (preferably the Hori EX2) for sale?

All i can find are eBay ones that are pretty expensive, and still have days left before they end :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Placebo wrote: »
    none of the shops wud sell it to me, ur probably lagging cause ur playing over seas as majority of euope doesnt have it.

also lagless is 3-4 bars +
    anything less is quite unplayable

Yeah, I'm pretty confident of my connexion, and haven't had any problems before, but yesterday I wasn't getting ANY opponents who had over the "3 bar rating", so I eventually just stopped playing them. I'm hoping once most of the rest of Europe picks it up it'll become nicer.

I don't know if it's comparable, but I never had any lag with SSF2THDR, even playing people in the States and Japan and such.

With online being such a crucial feature, I'm really hoping it picks up from today on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

abelard wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm pretty confident of my connexion, and haven't had any problems before, but yesterday I wasn't getting ANY opponents who had over the "3 bar rating", so I eventually just stopped playing them. I'm hoping once most of the rest of Europe picks it up it'll become nicer.

I don't know if it's comparable, but I never had any lag with SSF2THDR, even playing people in the States and Japan and such.

With online being such a crucial feature, I'm really hoping it picks up from today on.....

i think they both use different 'netcode' technologies,
    SFF2THDR actually uses same mechanisms as GGPO, where as this doesn't.
    Plus not as many frames in SSF2 so not much data to take into account either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

none of the shops wud sell it to me, ur probably lagging cause ur playing over seas as majority of euope doesnt have it.

also lagless is 3-4 bars +
    anything less is quite unplayable

3 bars still has a little lag, though not enough that casual players would really notice, or so I've been reading on SRK (not played online yet).

Hats off to the guys at Gamestop for helping me secure these:

ex2ivfc2.jpg

Guys were super friendly and insanely helpful.

AVG won't even let me open that webpage ("multiple threat detection") :confused:

works for me? just google , fighting stick ex2 360 mod.

Usually for third strike execution needed to be 100% im not sure what the story is with sf4 tbh, people may get away with decent sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Hats off to the guys at Gamestop for helping me secure these:

-->Look above for IMG<--

Guys were super friendly and insanely helpful.

Nice:D

Just picked up my copy there in gamestop, €44.99 is a great price, had a quick go in store and I have to say it felt pretty sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

works for me? just google , fighting stick ex2 360 mod.

Usually for third strike execution needed to be 100% im not sure what the story is with sf4 tbh, people may get away with decent sticks.

I would do a virus scan on your machine, as Symantec is also saying there is a problem with that page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Both Chrome and AVG are saying that that site has malware on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

got mine today ill be online tonight, my game tag is triangle king
    Also im up for cod4 most days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

whats the cheapest this game is going for? i tried gamestop..they are usually ok..bloody rip @ 49.99..... cheapest ive seen it in a bricks and morter store is 39.99..any1 seen it cheaper?

i know u can get it for 33 online but i couldnt be arsed waiting for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Rented this out earlier on in extravision for a week. Might buy it depending on how much I like it.

I have to say though it is looking like a tekken replacement for when I've got pals around drinking. The trial mode that teaches you combos is pretty cool. Can be frustrating though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

My Live name is SeanDerMann

Added a few off the thread, had a few games with Dave909 and Kirk the Dog just there, thanks lads :D:)

I had only played with Ken really till now, so i tried a different character each time...i sucked at most to say the least :P...especially the <- - -> characters :P

Finished 5-4 to dave, thanks again dave...much appreciated.
    Same to Kirk,

I really need to figure some of these other chars out.

I got mauled playing against some ppl online. Though im quite the noob, so all part of the fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

i will be playing just waiting for the game and fightpad to come from play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

SeantheMan wrote: »

Added a few off the thread, had a few games with Dave909 and Kirk the Dog just there, thanks lads :D:)

I had only played with Ken really till now, so i tried a different character each time...i sucked at most to say the least :P...especially the <- - -> characters :P

Same to Kirk,

I got mauled playing against some ppl online. Though im quite the noob, so all part of the fun :D

Yeah, cheers for the games Sean. Was good trying out a few of those new characters, I like that C. Viper.

Cheers to Garak001 for giving me a few games too. I thought I was doing quite well all night til you gave me a right battering ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Same to Kirk,

Yep good game. You were bloody quick at getting those ultras in on me!

Ended up going on a unbeaten streak online after that for about 10 games I think! Im actually not minding the 360 joystick at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Is there a demo of this on live?

I'm not really into these types of games but the reviews, hype and cheap price is kind of pushing me towards it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, theres a demo. But you can only play Ken - vrs- Ryu in vrs...MUST be 2 players.

Something that annoyed me today when playin online, is most ppl are now picking Akuma in vrs. Unfortunately i've not unlocked him and can't really be bothered at present because it means ive to play through and fight the final boss with chars i dont like.

The thing is though, i feel theyre only picking akuma because his Super/Ultra is near unblockable...it ridiculous. Even if your blocking you still get done by it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,154 ✭✭✭✭Penn

hey guys, feel free to add me.

Gamertag: paddyirishman85

Havent played a Street Fighter game since SF2 on the Mega Drive. Picked this up yesterday and although it was frustrating at first, getting into the swing of things now. Look forward to playing with anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bradshawfella

I'm actually guilty of picking akuma from time to time but if you jump back or forward or fireball its easy enough to avoid it and it really annoys the akuma lovers (myself included) ;)

I've met a few yanks that were picking gouken and just fireballing horizontally followed by a diagonal fireball, pain in the hole!!! Probably just achievement hoarders trying to get ten in a row!!!

fei long is also a cool character too, worth unlocking!

Yeah, theres a demo. But you can only play Ken - vrs- Ryu in vrs...MUST be 2 players.

Something that annoyed me today when playin online, is most ppl are now picking Akuma in vrs. Unfortunately i've not unlocked him and can't really be bothered at present because it means ive to play through and fight the final boss with chars i dont like.

The thing is though, i feel theyre only picking akuma because his Super/Ultra is near unblockable...it ridiculous. Even if your blocking you still get done by it !!

theres tactics to beat down scrubs well, such a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

joe123 wrote: »
    Ended up going on a unbeaten streak online after that for about 10 games I think! Im actually not minding the 360 joystick at all!

I'm trying to get used to the joystick as well, but using quarter circle characters is damn hard. 50% of the time the special just won't come off, and as for pulling ultras... I've started learning the charge characters because I find it a lot easier to pull off their moves. I never played HD Remix so maybe this is something you learn over time? How do you manage it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I'm trying to get used to the joystick as well, but using quarter circle characters is damn hard. 50% of the time the special just won't come off, and as for pulling ultras... I've started learning the charge characters because I find it a lot easier to pull off their moves. I never played HD Remix so maybe this is something you learn over time? How do you manage it?

At the min im messing about with Guile. But the tiny writing on a sd tv is imposible read...and its a tiny tv doesnt help either.

To people with no money like myself just using the normal controller are you able to pull of guiles double flash kick? Im currently in his trial and I can get it. Just keeps doing his overhead kick thing....

By the way can anyone tell me why sometimes when i do kens ultra move he just does he flame dragon punch even though i press lb?

• add me [snipped] if anyones playing tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

<- jimeatsmenu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Is it just me or is Seth possibly the cheapest character to ever appear in a video game?

Even on easy he is intensely frustrating to beat. And it's not just his moveset.

The AI seems to be programmed in such a way as to purposely frustrate, and makes him pull of moves to near perfection. All his moves have an absolutely ridiculous priority too.

There is almost no point in attacking from the air, you'll just get multiple dragon punches. Attacking on the ground leads to being smacked with the dhalsim stretchy arms, or being sucked in and thrown (or that annoying multiple kick thing he does). I've also had him "catch" me while pulling off moves (like Bison's somersault kick thing) and executing his annoying throw. He also, it seems, has a 100% accuracy rating in knowing exactly when to pull off his ultra so there's no chance of you avoiding it.

On one occasion, I was performing a 2-kick combo with C Viper. The first kick knocked him into the ultra zone, and by the time the second one could land, less than half a seconf later, he managed to pull off his ultra, and pip me to victory.

Hard bosses aren't a problem, but when Seth is programmed to deliberately frustrate, it gets very old VERY quickly.

While that's probably my only gripe with the game, it's lead to a couple of "toss-the-controller-on-the-ground-with-anger" moments already.

edit: you'll find there's also quite a risqué moment when Seth uses his piledriver throw thing on Sakura ;)

Advertisement