Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street fighter 4 players

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

joe123 wrote: »
    At the min im messing about with Guile. But the tiny writing on a sd tv is imposible read...and its a tiny tv doesnt help either.

To people with no money like myself just using the normal controller are you able to pull of guiles double flash kick? Im currently in his trial and I can get it. Just keeps doing his overhead kick thing....

By the way can anyone tell me why sometimes when i do kens ultra move he just does he flame dragon punch even though i press lb?

Ken has 2 ultra's, one when the opponent is standing and one when they're airborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

Feel free to add me. Name is in the sig...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Played SF2 a bit when a kid but only casually so I know how to do a few special moves but that's about as far as my mad SF skills go so if anyone fancies some games feel free to add me... my gamertag is mgarnicle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Unlocked Akuma and Gouken earlier, now I just have to get Seth! Finally getting to use Sheng Long is awesome, he's just different enough to the other Shotos. I also started doing the Challenges, they're pretty cool. I imagine they get very tough later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cant clear training with pad, almost impossble

what ex focus attack do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Longer you charge it the better it is.

It lets you avoid 1 attack, and then if it hits (med, high) it knocks them to the ground...allowing for a follow up.

I havent found time or use for it yet though as if i try charge it i get killed...best to charge when youve just knocked them down or theyre dazed id say

Placebo wrote: »
    cant clear training with pad, almost impossble

what ex focus attack do?

Ex Focus attack is when you link it from a normal/special move, for example Rose - close HK, then Focus attack [MP+MK]

It takes up 2 stock from your super meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Really starting to get the hang of this now and enjoying it, just need to get my paws on an arcade stick and I'm sorted.

Is anyone else not getting the green connection quality bar coming up when connecting to someone on Live, doesn't appear for me but my connections have been perfect so far, no lag at all.

For those who want to add my G/T btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys and gals, anyone up for a boards SFIV night sometime this week. I reckon we just set an evening and see how we go. Perhaps Thursday.

Would be great to play some of ye. Am happy to play below or above my level so don't be afraid to add me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys and gals, anyone up for a boards SFIV night sometime this week. I reckon we just set an evening and see how we go. Perhaps Thursday.

Would be great to play some of ye. Am happy to play below or above my level so don't be afraid to add me.

After The witch giving me something like a 1-30 drumming in SFTHD over the weekend i think i'll stay away until i get some skills :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Would deffo be up for this, I'm pretty crap but every time I get my ass kicked I learn something new so always up for a game :D

Noooooo!! You can't play on Thursday because I'm going away for a week then!!!! *sigh*

In the Soul Calibur IV Ranbat Thread, there will be a crossover tourney for SFIV and SCIV in March. I'll be there [as usual] to play in both tourneys. So hopefully you all will come along.

ntlbell wrote: »
    After The witch giving me something like a 1-30 drumming in SFTHD over the weekend i think i'll stay away until i get some skills :D

Haha, you had fun though?! I'm sorry If i went too hard on you.

Really starting to get the hang of this now and enjoying it, just need to get my paws on an arcade stick and I'm sorted.

Is anyone else not getting the green connection quality bar coming up when connecting to someone on Live, doesn't appear for me but my connections have been perfect so far, no lag at all.

For those who want to add my G/T btw.

The best i've gotten was yellow bars, but it has been fine. Not horribly laggy or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

My gamertag is pmwhelan so please add away.

abelard yeah I have to agree on Seth.
    And is it just me or does everyone win the first round against him and then lose the next two?
    :mad:

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Haha, you had fun though?! I'm sorry If i went too hard on you.

well i had a few drinks and was first night with a stick.

I'll be back for more ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just renewed my sub, so feel free to add tmoneh if anybody wants a few easy wins:p
    Should be on this afternoon and for most of tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Id be up for that perhaps get a tourney or a league going sometime down the line aswell. Fridays-sundays is when im on xbox live though sometimes thursdays but itll be friday this weekend.

Im pretty good with Ken now went on a 13 match unbeaten run on Live. The 360 pad is sound for it imo. Still end up doing the fireball dragon punch instead of his ultra though sometimes. Im useless with the rest of the characters bar Ryu as I havent really bothered with them yet.

Would be handy aswell if people put on their bio gamercard thing that there from boards or something as Ive a about 25 friends now from Fifa/SF boards but I cant tell whos who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I think I've added most but for anyone I haven't feel free to add me

Gamertag - Sagat08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

You can all add me if you want

ROC E REDSKULL

Be warned...none of you will beat me! lol We'll unless you catch me on an off day or drunk some Sat night. lol
    240 wins - 43 losses as it stands. I'd say I'd be in the top 100 still if I played it more. But with kids and work if I can get 10 fights in a day at the mo I'd be lucky.
    I wonder if any real tournies will happen on Live soon or any nationals etc?

• Advertisement

ROC1977 wrote: »
    You can all add me if you want

ROC E REDSKULL

Be warned...none of you will beat me! lol We'll unless you catch me on an off day or drunk some Sat night. lol
    240 wins - 43 losses as it stands. I'd say I'd be in the top 100 still if I played it more. But with kids and work if I can get 10 fights in a day at the mo I'd be lucky.
    I wonder if any real tournies will happen on Live soon or any nationals etc?

Posted that last post to get a reaction. To keep me entertained while at work. lol :D True though. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can i just say people need to be aware that theres alot of new people online so if youre winning lots then youre not playing the right people ;)

or maybe youre just good :)

Placebo wrote: »
    can i just say people need to be aware that theres alot of new people online so if youre winning lots then youre not playing the right people ;)

or maybe youre just good :)

It's scrubalicious online at the moment.

i was thinking the same. But been playing mostly Asian players and when I search for matches I have it to look for more skilled players. My highest amount I got to with Battle points is 1980 give on or two. At about 1600 at the mo. But in the space of not playing it for two days the top player has 8500 points. Which basically means he/she's playing it 12-14 hours straight all day every day. I just don't have the time for that.
    I mean the best points you get from a fight is about 95-120 the average is between 20-40.
    The reason I try to fight higher ranked players is this. Fight a guy ranked higher than me win about 80 points ....lose about the same.
    Play a guy say with 600 battle points win about 20 loss about 120.

I hope they update the leaderboards so it shows your win percentage, wins, losses and more stats.
    I mean V mode leaderboard with just total battle points means the more you play it the higher up the leaderboard you go. Not really a true reflection on how good you are.
    Also match making needs to be improved.
    Not trying to blow my own horn or anything, its just when you play 10-20 games back to back without a loss and barely losing a round soon gets boring. I find even the matches I lose I should have won, but I just p1ss about in the fight trying out the big combos or trying to win by just using Ultra finishes to get the achievements.

Anyone else feeling this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

i was thinking the same. But been playing mostly Asian players and when I search for matches I have it to look for more skilled players. My highest amount I got to with Battle points is 1980 give on or two. At about 1600 at the mo. But in the space of not playing it for two days the top player has 8500 points. Which basically means he/she's playing it 12-14 hours straight all day every day. I just don't have the time for that.
    I mean the best points you get from a fight is about 95-120 the average is between 20-40.
    The reason I try to fight higher ranked players is this. Fight a guy ranked higher than me win about 80 points ....lose about the same.
    Play a guy say with 600 battle points win about 20 loss about 120.

I hope they update the leaderboards so it shows your win percentage, wins, losses and more stats.
    I mean V mode leaderboard with just total battle points means the more you play it the higher up the leaderboard you go. Not really a true reflection on how good you are.
    Also match making needs to be improved.
    Not trying to blow my own horn or anything, its just when you play 10-20 games back to back without a loss and barely losing a round soon gets boring. I find even the matches I lose I should have won, but I just p1ss about in the fight trying out the big combos or trying to win by just using Ultra finishes to get the achievements.

Anyone else feeling this?

Out of curiosty are you using the normal 360 controller? You sound like your good. Yad probably hammer me. That witch fella sounds like hes a pro at the game too.

In yere eyes im a scrub or whatever that term is "ye" all use :P

joe123 wrote: »
    Out of curiosty are you using the normal 360 controller? You sound like your good. Yad probably hammer me. That witch fella sounds like hes a pro at the game too.

In yere eyes im a scrub or whatever that term is "ye" all use :P

Why do i sound like a pro?!

I am nowhere near pro level at this game yet. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Posted that last post to get a reaction. To keep me entertained while at work. lol :D True though. lol

I love modest people I do! :p

I love modest people I do! :p

LOL just thought I'd liven up the forum a bit. Wouldn't say I'm an amazing player, but I could hold my own with the best.

19 years of Streetfighter on and off. When I was 13-14 I played like 16 hours a day on the Snes, I was always trying to beat the game on 10 stars without losing a round. Not sure I ever managed, Vega always caught me for one.
    I even play SF3 Alpha on my PC with the keyboard at work using mame.
    For me SF4 is more like SF3... SF2 is a little harder in my eyes.

I'm not to hot with SF2THDremix. But the min I picked up 4 I got to grasps with it fairly quick.

I'm just using the 360 controller, reg old D pad I find fine for the likes of Ryu, and ken not so good for the Hondas, Blankas, backwards forwards moves.

LOL just thought I'd liven up the forum a bit. Wouldn't say I'm an amazing player, but I could hold my own with the best.

the best?

like justin wong etc?

or the best of your mates? ;)

everyone always thinks they're god untill they get taught a serious lesson and there's nothing like the beauty of the internet to give you that lesson ;)

• Advertisement

Na. I think I could give Justin Wong a go. Not saying I could beat him, but I'd give him a fight.
    I'll be unemployed in a couple of months so I'll have plenty of time to practice! lol

Advertisement