Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street fighter 4 players

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ROC1977 wrote: »
    I'll be unemployed in a couple of months so I'll have plenty of time to practice! lol

Did they catch you playing Alpha 3 in work?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

tman wrote: »
    Did they catch you playing Alpha 3 in work?;)

LOL good one.

Na I work in Dell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

My tag is in the sig. I'm horribly bad at this at the moment, but I'm willing to take on anyone, The Witch included. Had him on my friends list for a while, just to build up the skill here; the guy has 1,000 gamerpoints out of every fighting game on the 360. 200 from the arcade titles ;) Beast!

I'll add people when I get a chance, look forward to seeing ye online. I'll be on from 7-10 Wednesday!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Na. I think I could give Justin Wong a go. Not saying I could beat him, but I'd give him a fight.
    I'll be unemployed in a couple of months so I'll have plenty of time to practice! lol

Man, I have to see this. Add me for a few friendlies. I'm going to learn alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LOL just thought I'd liven up the forum a bit. Wouldn't say I'm an amazing player, but I could hold my own with the best.

19 years of Streetfighter on and off. When I was 13-14 I played like 16 hours a day on the Snes, I was always trying to beat the game on 10 stars without losing a round. Not sure I ever managed, Vega always caught me for one.
    I even play SF3 Alpha on my PC with the keyboard at work using mame.
    For me SF4 is more like SF3... SF2 is a little harder in my eyes.

I'm not to hot with SF2THDremix. But the min I picked up 4 I got to grasps with it fairly quick.

I'm just using the 360 controller, reg old D pad I find fine for the likes of Ryu, and ken not so good for the Hondas, Blankas, backwards forwards moves.

that was me, then i bought Street Fighter III and an xbox and xbox live
    BOY WAS I WRONG
    pwnd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The 360 pad isn't great, but I'm managing. I can't really afford any expensive fancy controllers right now, so it's gonna have to do! Just about managing the charge character's moves, I'd love to master Bison. His ultra combo is really impressive!

I'm suffering from a (left) thumb injury since last week, so it's even more difficult. Many would say "Take a break from games", but that just isn't an option. I...need to play! After unlocking Seth, I wanna play online more. There are plenty of wins to be had, haven't been beaten too badly yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Man, I have to see this. Add me for a few friendlies. I'm going to learn alot.

lol

Placebo wrote: »
    that was me, then i bought Street Fighter III and an xbox and xbox live
    BOY WAS I WRONG
    pwnd

i think it was just about everyone at some point ;)

eventually picked it up today

if anyone who hasn't added me yet xbl is Ramjaxed

should be around for a few games tonight

My tag is in the sig. I'm horribly bad at this at the moment, but I'm willing to take on anyone, The Witch included.

it's at the very least very educational, best player i've ever played.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    lol

I mean it :D If this guy can give Justin Wong a game, I'm going to see how the game should be played at a very very high level. I learned alot when playing TheWitch, and even if I lose 10-0 aginst him, I'll become a much better player. And if I win, then I know I'm also a great player. Win-win for me basically.

eventually picked it up today

if anyone who hasn't added me yet xbl is Ramjaxed

should be around for a few games tonight

I'll prob be on after 1000, would definately like to play a few games with you? First to 10 sound good?

I mean it :D If this guy can give Justin Wong a game, I'm going to see how the game should be played at a very very high level. I learned alot when playing TheWitch, and even if I lose 10-0 aginst him, I'll become a much better player. And if I win, then I know I'm also a great player. Win-win for me basically.

If this guy can give Justin wong a game I'll buy you a TE stick.

I'll prob be on after 1000, would definately like to play a few games with you? First to 10 sound good?

yup go easy tho I haven't as much played one round of arcade yet.

yup go easy tho I haven't as much played one round of arcade yet.

Going easy is disrespectful to you :) Jokes aside, I'm quite happy to spar with you if you just want to practice a few things.

If this guy can give Justin wong a game I'll buy you a TE stick.

I'm holding you to that btw :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Why do i sound like a pro?!

I am nowhere near pro level at this game yet. :pac:

Well just by reading some of your posts you seem to know what your on about. Also people are saying your the best they have played!

Il try get a game with you during the weekend if your around. Just to see how bad I actually am!

Joe123, i'll be on Saturday if you want a few games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Joe123, i'll be on Saturday if you want a few games?

Sounds good! Ill warn you im amazing. But not really. Im only used to ken so far as I want to at least get good with one character and once I know a few things ill branch out to different characters.

joe123 wrote: »
    Sounds good! Ill warn you im amazing. But not really. Im only used to ken so far as I want to at least get good with one character and once I know a few things ill branch out to different characters.

Good idea. However, if you are going to play with one of the shotos (Ryu, ken, Auma etc) then Ryu is actually stronger than Ken. He has better offensive and defensive capabilities.

I'm practicing with Dan at the moment. He's nowhere near as bad as people make him out! Focus > Ultra is so very nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone any tips for how to be defensive

i keep getting whooped online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

watch the opponents move, dont be throwing random shoryukens,
    if hes jumping up towards you then throw a shoryuken, or look for other 'anti air' moves, i.e down and High punch for the shotos.

counter fireballs with fireballs, jumps, focus it now and then.

at close range look for throws, if they do a move and you block it, you have a few frames to either perform a combo or just throw.

watch them ! then react. Watch their patterns aswell.

also look out for overhead attacks, you maybe pressing back and down to block but if ken/ryu jump slightly over you to the other side and kick then your block will break, in that case you need to quickly block on the other side, i.e hold forward as they jump over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

got the game today lads, ad me Nevaeh 2Die4

Good idea. However, if you are going to play with one of the shotos (Ryu, ken, Auma etc) then Ryu is actually stronger than Ken. He has better offensive and defensive capabilities.

I'm practicing with Dan at the moment. He's nowhere near as bad as people make him out! Focus > Ultra is so very nice!

I used to use Ryu all the time is SF2, But in SF3a I found Ken better just because of the extra hits with the dragon punch. Plus the range is much greater.
    With SF4 I haven't decided yet. But have been using Ken a lot. Guile is a cool fighter, tricky one do get some of his larger combos in though.

ROC+E+REDSKULL.png

lol just looking at my gamer card and it looks like my daughter has decided to dress up my avatar again. I'm like a drag queen in in!!! lol

TheWitch06 I added your friends request last night bud. Was watching a movie on my 360 when I got in last night so I wasn't gaming.

I won't be on my 360 till about 2 or 3am tonight. I'll be working til then if anyone wants a few games.
    I think I'll try unluck a few fighters. Only played through the game once on hardest to see how hard it really was. With ken I needed to continue once to twice, I love the way people can challenge you when playing arcade mode.
    The only thing is I can't seem to turn that option off, so going though the single player takes ages! lol

lol just looking at my gamer card and it looks like my daughter has decided to dress up my avatar again. I'm like a drag queen in in!!! lol

TheWitch06 I added your friends request last night bud. Was watching a movie on my 360 when I got in last night so I wasn't gaming.

I won't be on my 360 till about 2 or 3am tonight. I'll be working til then if anyone wants a few games.
    I think I'll try unluck a few fighters. Only played through the game once on hardest to see how hard it really was. With ken I needed to continue once to twice, I love the way people can challenge you when playing arcade mode.
    The only thing is I can't seem to turn that option off, so going though the single player takes ages! lol

I'll add you tonight and we can have a few games whenever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I love the way people can challenge you when playing arcade mode.

Press rb on the main menu and a sub-menu comes up to change this feature... Its great craic until your on a mission to get perfects etc to unlock characters and it throws you completely outta stride :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

was thinking of buy sf 4 this week is it really good, i have been playing sf2 on xbl arcade to practice is it much different ?

was thinking of buy sf 4 this week is it really good, i have been playing sf2 on xbl arcade to practice is it much different ?

Well the basic moves are the same. But the timing and pace is different. Sf2 is always a good place to start though.

For me SF4 is a lot like SF3 alpha.

Future.. no probs I'll give you a game when ever bud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Had someone challenge me earlier while I was playing arcade mode, creamed them in the first round and they conveniently disconnected before the second:p

Have been playing it online for most of today and I have to say the standard of play is pretty damn good... Have had no disconnects apart from the above, and haven't played against many cheap players (have a feeling that I'm one myself, I rely on jumping heavys way too much!)
    Get a bit sick of fighting Ryu or Ken though...

Love it to bits so far anyway, definitely in agreement with some of the 10/10 scores it received!

Advertisement