Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street fighter 4 players

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Placebo wrote: »
    i read the manual on way to work today and yeah you can focus out of a block attack but im sure it has to be at an early stage as the opponent needs to benefit from your mistake,
    its gonna be amazing once the pros start releasing videos on how to use focus attacks on a superior level.

What do you mean by "focus out of a block attack"?

Just watch some Japanese Game Chariot match videos. The only way I can see the focus attack being used is for absorbing projectiles, baiting your opponent to make mistakes on wakeup and for pressure from linking ex focus from normal moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i meant you can ex focus out if your super is blocked. You mentioned this above. I think it will work well for breaking chain and combos, i.e

shotos, d.mk -> hadouken, you can ex focus on hadouken... then punish

also need to try full focus attack on a knocked down opponent with no super/ultra

i meant you can ex focus out if your super is blocked. You mentioned this above. I think it will work well for breaking chain and combos, i.e

shotos, d.mk -> hadouken, you can ex focus on hadouken... then punish

also need to try full focus attack on a knocked down opponent with no super/ultra

Ah okay, is there enough time after a linked cr. mk ~ hadoken to focus the hadoken? I guess it's good, but I wouldn't risk it, I'd rather take the block damage from the hadoken.

I seen Nuki absorb an ex hadoken by doing focus attack dash cancel back x 2 really fast. It looked fun.

Do you mean try a level 3 focus attack on an opponent who has no special meter to break out of it with either ex/super/ultra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Ah okay, is there enough time after a linked cr. mk ~ hadoken to focus the hadoken? I guess it's good, but I wouldn't risk it, I'd rather take the block damage from the hadoken.

I seen Nuki absorb an ex hadoken by doing focus attack dash cancel back x 2 really fast. It looked fun.

Do you mean try a level 3 focus attack on an opponent who has no special meter to break out of it with either ex/super/ultra?

HAHAHA see you always see crazy stuff from the japenese, i think it was him that also parried the first hit off ryus ex hadouken then did a chunli sa2 through the second one, almost impossible to do.
    How did he focus the ex hadouken u mentioned? what happened with the second hit when he back dashed?

theres an ex focus video somewhere on youtube in japenese, bit long and boring but they show mk, hadouken being focused.

yeah basically full focus on a dropped opponent so as he gets up all he can do is try jump to escape it, but wake is probably faster than a full focus attack

HAHAHA see you always see crazy stuff from the japenese, i think it was him that also parried the first hit off ryus ex hadouken then did a chunli sa2 through the second one, almost impossible to do.
    How did he focus the ex hadouken u mentioned? what happened with the second hit when he back dashed?

theres an ex focus video somewhere on youtube in japenese, bit long and boring but they show mk, hadouken being focused.

yeah basically full focus on a dropped opponent so as he gets up all he can do is try jump to escape it, but wake is probably faster than a full focus attack

I remember that, It was definitely him who did that. I think I have that match favourited on youtube.

It was like, focus, absorb, backdash, focus, absorb, he done it extremely fast.

I don't know if the opponent could armor break you but I guess if timed right, they can't do anything but try jump away but will still get hit in the animation of the level 3 focus.

• Advertisement

Found the video. Loovvvee Nuki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hi Guys,

Another noob for you guys to feast on but hopefully we can get a noob tournament on too and not just take it up the a## from the semi pro's on here lol.

Anyone find the SF gamepads in dublin etc as play.com dont have them for sale just on view.......

Looking forward to learning the game....man I think I am a legend if I get a fireball off! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I think I am a legend if I get a fireball off! :eek:

Ha ha man me 2 i was just button bashing last night, and go a youga flame and i thought i was the ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

lol got my ass kicked a few times today. I take back everything I posted here yesterday. I'm sh1te!!!!
    lol No seriously though. Today was the first time I didn't win 10 or fights in a row.
    Which I'm happy about... although I lost about 400 battle points today in total.
    I think over the next few days I'll concentrate on unlocking the other fighters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Cammy you say... I'll get cracking tonight so! ;)

Good to see some Cammy love, I realised how good she is while playing HD Remix!

Anyone have any advice on control schemes to use on a normal 360 controller? I tried Burning Ecilpse's last night, he had Light Punch and Kick assigned to the shoulder buttons. It worked extremely well, but I couldn't perform Akuma's Super or Ultra with it! I'm gonna practice with it a bit, to see if I get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Has anyone here successfully adapted their game to the standard xbox controller?

I've done alright on the standard controller [Then again I have played on the easiest setting. ] Unlocked Akuma, Gouken and Seth today. Gamestop in Kilkenny didn't get the Special Edition controllers in and Amazon.co.uk only has them for pre-order.

I'm not going to go crazy looking for them since I finished the game and will probably be only going on to download the new coostume packs when they come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr. K wrote: »
    Good to see some Cammy love, I realised how good she is while playing HD Remix!

Anyone have any advice on control schemes to use on a normal 360 controller? I tried Burning Ecilpse's last night, he had Light Punch and Kick assigned to the shoulder buttons. It worked extremely well, but I couldn't perform Akuma's Super or Ultra with it! I'm gonna practice with it a bit, to see if I get used to it.

What can I say, you did tell me... So, you gonna sign up for the tourny??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

good games to Sagat006 last night!

Will be on Friday afternoon till 8 if anyone wants a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

FutureGuy wrote: »
    good games to Sagat006 last night!

Will be on Friday afternoon till 8 if anyone wants a few games.

Yep i Should be on round 3ish Friday for awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im up for a few games with people. lookin to try and get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I'll be on at 8ish tonight and most other nights if anyone wants a game, gamertag is shane O mac20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ill play if people want to add me , cant seem to get a lag free game anyother way :mad:

I have only once seen a player with a 3 bar signal in the connection quality all the rest are empty :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,154 ✭✭✭✭Penn

anyone else finding it near impossible to win a ranked match online. I haven't played the game much since I got it, only finished arcade once and that was on very easy! Anyone who's terrible at this game can feel free to add me for some joint practice! Although be warned, I'll probably be playing as Ken the whole time

Also, the xbox joypad is really terrible. I have to use my right hand on the analogue stick to do an ultra :D

EDIT: Might help if I gave yous my gamertag! Its the same as my username, paddyirishman85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

anyone else finding it near impossible to win a ranked match online. I haven't played the game much since I got it, only finished arcade once and that was on very easy! Anyone who's terrible at this game can feel free to add me for some joint practice! Although be warned, I'll probably be playing as Ken the whole time

Also, the xbox joypad is really terrible. I have to use my right hand on the analogue stick to do an ultra :D

is your xbl your nick?

ntlbell wrote: »
    is your xbl your nick?

yeah, sorry, I realised I hadn't given it so I edited my post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Feel free to add away fellas. Only picked up the game today. Getting my ass handed to me online. Have the arcade mode cleared, with Ryu and Ken so far (medium). So im not great, yet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I am absolute rubbish at this. I can never seem to charge my attacks, any hints for helping me get better at this (probably very easy) thing

Liam O wrote: »
    I am absolute rubbish at this. I can never seem to charge my attacks, any hints for helping me get better at this (probably very easy) thing

My gf is learining how to play Chun Li...she loves the game after seeing me play. While this advice is much better when you hear it rather than read it, i tell her to remember to think in your head "1, 2, tap, tap". That sounds meaningless when you read it but what I'm saying is you charge for 2 seconds, then tap in the opposite direction and the kick/punch just after it. So its three movements...the charge, the direction change followed by a very fast button press.

Go into training mode and spend a few hours. You'll be doing charge attacks in no time. Any beginner to SF should be spending most of their time in the Training and Challenge modes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

added a few of yous there. the witch, garak001, helix, burning eclipse and ramjaxed. am up for a few games. kinda want to see what level I am at but also improve and kick ass. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    added a few of yous there. the witch, garak001, helix, burning eclipse and ramjaxed. am up for a few games. kinda want to see what level I am at but also improve and kick ass. :p

Cool, I thought I all ready had you, will be about tonight from about 10pm if you want to have a few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

evad_lhorg wrote: »

Good stuff, I'll be on tonight from about 8 to 10. I played FutureGuy last week, he destroyed me, but I've improved a bit. Although not enough to compete with him or The Witch :o

Currently on a 13 win streak (got the 10 ranked wins in a row achievement). I've abandoned the shotos. Play as Sagat now or if someone rushes to pick Ryu/Ken/Akuma then I'll pick Cammy :)

WooHoo! Finally won a match! Granted, my opponent was Ryu and just stood hammering the kick button as fast as he could for the entirety of both rounds, so I just threw loads of Hadoukens at him (I play as Ken). But still, Battle Points! WooHoo!

Cheers to anyone who added me too. I had a letter posted on GameCentral on Teletext on Sunday so I've had loads of adds, so I don't really know who is from here or there, but cheers to all anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Good stuff, I'll be on tonight from about 8 to 10. I played FutureGuy last week, he destroyed me, but I've improved a bit. Although not enough to compete with him or The Witch :o

Currently on a 13 win streak (got the 10 ranked wins in a row achievement). I've abandoned the shotos. Play as Sagat now or if someone rushes to pick Ryu/Ken/Akuma then I'll pick Cammy :)

Yep played futureguy myself last week aswell. Played mainly with Ken against him. Did ok brought him close but he won nearly every fight (he was picking different characters aswell). Bet him once I think with Sagat but im alot better with Ken. Still lost though :(

I used to only really play Ken/Ryu so I'm looking to diversify to as many characters as I can. With so many poor players online at the moment, its easy to win games by using tactics that will stand against you vs better players (Shoryukening at evey opportunity is one of them!)

Burning Eclipse, you definately have the wits to become a very good player, it's all down to practice now. The fact that you took your defeats and kept coming back tells me you will improve very quickly. If I play a better players, I will happily lose 20-0 as I will be so much better at the end of it.

Try to learn some of Kens combos...his jumping HK, MP, HP, Fierce (or EX) Shoryuken is not too hard to get right and does plenty damage.

Joe123, yeah we had some good games! I think Sagat is the way to go as his Ultra is devestating and can be used in so many situations.

evad_lhorg, I'll be on tomorrow afternoon (4.30-6) if you want to play a few games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

really have to get a game in with some of yis at some stage

Advertisement