Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street fighter 4 players

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Gamertag is Dredzpower, feel free to add

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shaneraff

capaom are releasing a tournement patch for sfiv in a few months that should be cool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

beefIreland - I've added random people here. Don't hurt me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Tag is Emptytime. I am going to add a bunch of guys. Only manged to play 2 games online, lost one, won the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Mr. K wrote: »
    Good to see some Cammy love, I realised how good she is while playing HD Remix!

Anyone have any advice on control schemes to use on a normal 360 controller? I tried Burning Ecilpse's last night, he had Light Punch and Kick assigned to the shoulder buttons. It worked extremely well, but I couldn't perform Akuma's Super or Ultra with it! I'm gonna practice with it a bit, to see if I get used to it.

Thats the way I have it. MP and HP on the X & Y.
    MK & HK on the A & B.
    Shoulder buttongs, left for LK and right for LP, Then the triggers for all three of the buttons, left for kick and right for punch.

I just find it works really well, I hate the default setting......

bv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Good stuff, I'll be on tonight from about 8 to 10. I played FutureGuy last week, he destroyed me, but I've improved a bit. Although not enough to compete with him or The Witch :o

Currently on a 13 win streak (got the 10 ranked wins in a row achievement). I've abandoned the shotos. Play as Sagat now or if someone rushes to pick Ryu/Ken/Akuma then I'll pick Cammy :)

Back since last night, I've so missed this game!

We still haven't played yet, I'll be on later today so hopefully we can play.

You should stick to one character for now. I've realised just how bad Cammy is now. It's actually sickening. I will still play her but it's just... too hard.

Is lk cannon drill still safe on block, thewitch?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Is lk cannon drill still safe on block, thewitch?

I don't think it is, as far as i know, you can punish with cr. mk or any other fast poke. It could be range safe like in vanilla ST. Needs testing, will try it later.

Another thing that annoys me is how bad her hooligan combination is, you can just crouch.. and she can't do ****. It whiff's every single time, I know it was really buffed in HD Remix but why the hell would they nerf it to much, it feels like 25+ frames now, too slow for her Hooligan, no throw mixup because.. it doesn't connect on crouching opponents and no cancel into Cannon Strike, the slide is still bad but I guess if people don't see it coming, it's fun, follow up with Cannon Spike[corner only]/Super/Ultra and it can be FADC'd too. Ex Hooligan is the only way I seem to be using it effectively.

Only thing i'm liking about her at the moment is her pokes, and roundhouse Cannon Spike fadc, oh and her sexy whiff punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Man I hate Cammy - she was quite obviously created to give me a headache and people just sit there mocking as I jump about in the height of frustration trying to hit her :(

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Man I hate Cammy - she was quite obviously created to give me a headache and people just sit there mocking as I jump about in the height of frustration trying to hit her :(

Well be happy that you're using Sagat, he KILLS Cammy. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I started playing as sakura but her anti air isnt good enough and I dont like trying to link into her super and ultra. very hard to get the timing right on them as they are sweep starts. Have moved onto Ryu and I am having a much better time. Can beat the game on hardest difficulty no problem(not that that is a judge). Will be online for a bit before I go watch Watchmen. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i havent played since release,
    still working on my stick, dunno what to solder

dang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Gettin alot of lag tonight/poor connections so its annoying. Ken is my only good fighter at the min. Using Sagat more now aswell.

Just wondering for those using the 360 controller. Are you able link combos etc?

I know futureguy uses the controller and hes pretty good. At the minute im trying to learn how to cancel out of a tiger uppercut into an ultra using focus cancel and all that sort of craic but am I fighting a loosing battle with using the 360 stick or can it be done? (this question is to those with the pad as im not going spending money on an arcade stick/or pad)

Btw add me. Its in the sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

My trick when searching for ranked matches is not to search for stability. put that option to "any". then search for people whos preferred language is french or german or spanish. you get results much quicker and you get 3 or 4 bars most of the time. I havnt experienced any lag really in this. 3 or 4 bars seems perfect.

Beef wrote: »
    beefIreland - I've added random people here. Don't hurt me.

Good games man but you should get a headset, much more fun chatting with people while ya play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Good games man but you should get a headset, much more fun chatting with people while ya play :)

Cheers, I've got a headset someplace - but a toddler and a turned back is a dangerous combination where stuff like that is concerned! :) Sorry bout that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Are they going to release more sticks soon?

http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/5257/1/

GamingBits: Will the Official Street Fighter IV FightStick be available in the future (March '09) or are there no more plans to produce them?

MadCatz: This is a common misconception. It is indeed true that the original plan was to limit the manufacture of these products to a few thousand units but after it became obvious how strong the demand was, we are now doing everything possible to increase manufacture. It is our aim to ensure that every gamer who wants a Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition WILL be able to purchase one. Stores will be constantly replenished over the coming months. Though I have no issue with eBay or e-commerce in general, it saddens me that consumers are paying silly money with the belief that this will be their only opportunity to buy. Please be patient and stick with us (No pun intended!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    My trick when searching for ranked matches is not to search for stability. put that option to "any". then search for people whos preferred language is french or german or spanish. you get results much quicker and you get 3 or 4 bars most of the time. I havnt experienced any lag really in this. 3 or 4 bars seems perfect.

Great bit of advice here. Tried it and searches are instant and 95% of the matches connect.

Too bad most of the Germans/Italians I've played have been completely ****e. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nos24

add me hadoken_69 please :pac:

Anyone online now? hit me up with a request!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Got street fighter last week, need ALOT of practice tho.
    Add me if you want to get a few games.

GT: TuneTuneTuner

Got street fighter last week, need ALOT of practice tho.
    Add me if you want to get a few games.

GT: TuneTuneTuner

Online now? ill give you a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Sorry man not online now, but i'll be on at sum stage 2mo for a few games.

Cool I cant seam to start any games. when i click into one it says "unable to play search again?" any ideas?

Nos24 wrote: »
    add me hadoken_69 please :pac:

Add me, Dredzpower is GT. can't seem to add you, can't input underscores into the request.

haha im a dumbass. just noticed this is xbox thread duhh :(

GGs thewitch, gonna have to bone up on my non-Gief characters for next time. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

all il say is watch for HUGEBASHER it goes with the name lol both myself and ryu will kick your arses lol:)

Advertisement