Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When I heard this song I laughed,but by the end of it I wanted to kill him

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This thread made me actually LOL for the first time in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

so glad everyone else is on this, don't feel so guilty now:

how can i refffuuusee yooouuu

i linked a friend to this guy because he was posting in every other "guitarist wanted" thread in bands/musicians. i don't understand where he gets his accent from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The Button Factory recording of How Can I Refuse You is hilarious:

"Hmm, I recorded this at home with about 5 or 6 different layers. For the live show what should I do? I know, I'll play the lead line!"

Terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

Lads I've listened to a few of his videos today and I honestly think, no joke, that he might be a bit slow or something like. I'm dead serious. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Trevor O wrote: »
    Lads I've listened to a few of his videos today and I honestly think, no joke, that he might be a bit slow or something like. I'm dead serious. :confused:

I think he has a misguided notion that he's actually **** hot, and that everybody loves his that unique guitar sound he has - you know the one that sounds like its being played with a dick instead of hands. I know people say not to be too harsh on him but come on; surely if he was taking it any bit seriously he'd already know that he's tone deaf and would be better off playing with himself than a guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

folks this isnt a piss take(i dont think) because this bloke is forever advertising in the bands forum looking for a band to play his stuff!!

ive been watching him for a while now but just didnt have the heart to start a thread about him lol:D

hes on boards! probably reading this to be honest!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=70469

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I know I shouldn't, but I did laugh at this, a lot.

Well if he's serious then fair play to him. Sure the only way to become better is to keep playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

yeah but don't present it until your actually good. IF he actually improves and becomes good, he'll never live these videos down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

In his defense he's can sing in tune, relatively speaking. Not all the time but there are worse singers out there in professional bands. The Refuse Song isn't actually that bad, I thought it was a cover of some indie band song before I found out it was an original. The drums were quantized, some people forget this!, although they were too tightly quantized. The mix was awful though. His main problem is playing guitar and singing at the same time, and keeping his guitar in tune. Its totally out of tune and this is a really basic error which would give anyone the impression "crap!." So sorting out tuning, performance problems and mixing would be the main things to focus on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

A7X wrote: »
    yeah but don't present it until your actually good.

Doesn't stop idiots like Nizlopi from releasing stuff, why begrudge this dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

I've just wasted half an hour of my life. Give it back Andy!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sútalún wrote: »
    I've just wasted half an hour of my life. Give it back Andy!!!! :(

That's completely your own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

'' Your sex is on Foireeeeeeee ''

wonder would that fit into a valintines poem ? Eh......maybe not :(

In his defense he's can sing in tune, relatively speaking. Not all the time but there are worse singers out there in professional bands. The Refuse Song isn't actually that bad, I thought it was a cover of some indie band song before I found out it was an original. The drums were quantized, some people forget this!, although they were too tightly quantized. The mix was awful though. His main problem is playing guitar and singing at the same time, and keeping his guitar in tune. Its totally out of tune and this is a really basic error which would give anyone the impression "crap!." So sorting out tuning, performance problems and mixing would be the main things to focus on.

No. There is no salvation here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Ok, time to talk serious. I wont post any comments on his videos cause I don't like extreme negativity posted on mine so I wouldn't do the same. So here is an open letter to Andrew:

Andrew Brady, if you see this thread, stop trying so hard! Taking your performance of "Sex On Fire" as an example, this is a song recorded with a four piece band. When it comes to covering it on your own, don't pick up an electric guitar and play the parts that are played on electric in the proper recording. Develop it into your own version, learn to work with what you have. If you are going to perform a song made famous by a band and you only have yourself at your disposal, make it your own.

Same goes for the vocals, stop trying to drag out notes, ornament notes, put on accents etc. Just do it as it feels comfortable. Listening to your stuff I'm reminded of myself when I was 15/16 and in the middle of my early guitar learning days, learning how to play Metallica and Nirvana et al and being incredibly frustrated at how my playing sounded nothing like the original recordings. You can hold a tune and on the lines of songwriting, with some work there's slight potential. But it's time to sit back and re evaluate what you have going on right now!

And please, stop recording with Fruity Loops, make the drum lines in it all you want but move on to Acid, Sound Forge, Cubase or anything else but FL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

its fair nuff to say his video's are only for those with 7 hours and 59 minutes (or longer) left to kill in work. i'v seen the bloke, he's dead serious, and REALLY bad. you see where simon cowell is coming from when you get a bloke like this getting onstage at the button factory and not knowing what a song is meant to be. he's not good. accepted. but the thread says you want to kill him.

some would say this is a tad harsh. somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Brien wrote: »
    but the thread says you want to kill him.
    some would say this is a tad harsh. somewhere...

Some would beg to differ in here. :D

Oh my... Thats probably the worst thing ive ever let myself listen to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0TADa2qSE&feature=related --> Much funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

thats.... just ...... awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh my... Thats probably the worst thing ive ever let myself listen to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0TADa2qSE&feature=related --> Much funnier.
    Oh... that's just cringe worthy at it's finest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

possibly the worst thing ive ever heard being allowed on a stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

lol just keep going, hahahahaha amazing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh dear sweet Jesus Christ on a bike! He also covers Eminem's Stan! :eek::eek::eek:

Words fail me......
    Is this the Arctic Monkey's version? He sounds a lot em.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This guy is gonna hit the big time baby.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

He's ''Ireland's Got Talent'' material.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

hmmm,
    i used to record some songs on mini disc back in the day, let some friends listen to them for feedback, always polite but honest, and when i'd listen to them a year later, i'd hear where the problems were. that was 8 or so years ago,

i think if i were at that stage now, i may have put em on you-tube, thinking it would give some "exposure" but the danger is that you also open yourself to ridicule, like this kid.

by all means record yourself, but when you start to record, do it for the purposes of learning how to set levels and tune your performance,
    having to check where you're fretting and turning away from the mic..
    which is peaking more often than not, rythm all over the place....
    and please god dont broadcast it untill its as close to perfect as you can get it. (unless of course its a tutorial on how not to perform and record a song!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Is this the Arctic Monkey's version? He sounds a lot em.

He says the Alex dude from the Arctic Monkeys is one of his biggest heroes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

He's after removing the video, it was there last night but it's gone now, don't suppose anyone saved it?:pac:

I know the ****er! He took off a load of them, the "best" ones!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Hate to bring up an old thread but this had to mentioned.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnsWWE_lPj8

And maybe this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0WKIX-KCyw

Advertisement