Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April Start Date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

integra1 wrote: »
    Downhill mountain biker?

Bingo :)

If your walking on cave hill and someone in full body armour comes flying past on his MTB, that might well be me ;)

Anyway I think we should try keep on the April topic since TheNog has already told us off once :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Bingo :)

If your walking on cave hill and someone in full body armour comes flying past on his MTB, that might well be me ;)

Anyway I think we should try keep on the April topic since TheNog has already told us off once :)

No way this is far more interesting!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

8 weeks till the April intake, I think some of the March intake got that much notice for their start dates - correct me if i'm wrong?
    Hope we have some good news this week - whoever receives it!
    Fingers crossed...............

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

THAT's more like it! FFS what does it take to construct a proper argument.

All I wanted was for you to give us a sensible reason for why April would start on Easter Sunday and not just 'get another job'.

And for your information my entire family ARE seargents in PSNI so if I really wanted to discuss this I could do it with people who are far more qualified than yourself :D

Thanks for correcting me and now you mention it I believe that I remember their being clauses in legislation that do not include police within statutory holidays.

All I was hoping was that you might give potential April intakes some kind of definitive answer regarding when their start date is likely to be :)

EDIT: lol where'd ur post go...!! It was actually helpful unlike your first one!!

There are no Easter Holidays in Garnerville so there's a definitive answer for ya!

I wonder if it could have something to do with the next day being a statutory holiday, which they HAVE to give off or end up making it up at another time?

See above :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

BoutYe wrote: »
    See above :D

im pretty sure this was already resolved.

Penis Eye wrote: »
    im pretty sure this was already resolved.

Oh right. Well I apologise for reading the thread, not seeing an answer and therefore deciding to post one.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

I was out all day and really hoping to hear more calls went out. Fingers crossed you lot will hear something soon.:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Hi folks haven't been on this forum in a while and I can see why!! I just want my call and I can't believe how everyone seems to be ready for a catting session!! This wee forum used to be really supportive and I am bewildered at the responses I have just read from some people. I hope this doesn't start another cat fight among the pigeons. Just remember when we finally get our calls all this stuff will be irrelevant. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    Hi folks haven't been on this forum in a while and I can see why!! I just want my call and I can't believe how everyone seems to be ready for a catting session!! This wee forum used to be really supportive and I am bewildered at the responses I have just read from some people. I hope this doesn't start another cat fight among the pigeons. Just remember when we finally get our calls all this stuff will be irrelevant. :(

Ahh the good old days. We would speculate, be supportive, make each other laugh... good times. :rolleyes:

Fair point though. I blame DownMTber! He's a trouble-maker if ever there was one! :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

I think calls will go out this Thursday, Have a feeling! Just a hunch based on previous intake! Please let me be on that call list!!! :D

integra1 wrote: »
    I think calls will go out this Thursday, Have a feeling! Just a hunch based on previous intake! Please let me be on that call list!!! :D

Are you going to ring about your vetting then on wednesday?
    Go on be brave, if you do - I will too

1979SD wrote: »
    Are you going to ring about your vetting then on wednesday?
    Go on be brave, if you do - I will too

No mate, couldn't go through the pain of hearing ongoing again! will resist and hope and pray for the call instead! If you ring up, I wish you well!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Really? Cool. Well done!!!

*hope you're not joking

• Advertisement

well done Kelso!

Oh I am so happy for you, all that waiting is over.

WELL DONE:):rolleyes::o:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Kelz

well done kelso.... so jealous! what time did u hear at? what merit number etc were u?

PLEASE LET ME GET THE CALL!!!

Kelz wrote: »
    well done kelso.... so jealous! what time did u hear at? what merit number etc were u?

At first I thought it was you, your names are similar.

I have my fingers crossed for you mate.:D

i actually feel physically sick now!!!

• Advertisement

i actually feel physically sick now!!!

Oh I really feel for you mate, bet you will be taking your phone with you everywhere today, even the loo:D

Really? Cool. Well done!!!

*hope you're not joking

~600 RC

Got the call this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

congrats kelso......i'm not jealous at all....honestly :P

ur so lucky!! is the official date the 12th?

im like 150 Non-RC... say prayers for me guys! :D

ur so lucky!! is the official date the 12th?

im like 150 Non-RC... say prayers for me guys! :D

Yep it is!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Congratulations Kelso. :D

It'll take a while for it to sink in. Five weeks since I got the call and it still hasn't sunk in. :eek:

Hope to see a good few more Boardies getting the call today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

isnt it amazing how the two words "im in" can send a wave of nausea through you. im not a million miles away from you kelso, hopefully my phone call is on its way. many congrats!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

I JUST GOT THE CALL... IM ACTUALLY IN

BURST INTO TEARS AFTER.. SOME POLICELADY ILL MAKE!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

dunno how im gonna sit in work the rest of the day!!!!!!

ahahahaha

:pac::D;):p:):P:eek:

OMG OMG

I am so so so pleased for you, getting a bit teary here myself.

All the waiting is finally over.

congratulations kelz. after all that stressing you were doing this morning im glad you didnt have to wait much longer. well done:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

congrats lol. loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fermanagh Girl

I'll be seeing you all in April too. Woo woo could have cried when i was on the phone, and told the girl that i loved her. It couldn't have been better timing for me, i had handed in my notice for me current job at the start of the month. Was starting to get a little worried about being unemployed.

Just going to spend March going on hoildays and heading to the gym.

Well done Kelz and Fermanagh Girl!

:D

i no i was a complete mess this morning worrying about it!!!!

unbelievable!!!

defo gonna go for a run 2nite now lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Yeeeeeeoooo! Given1 got the call!

So chuffed for him, he's been waiting near 2 years!

He got the call in The Toon, so can't get online. Best weekend ever for him, Police, Newcastle match and his mates 21st!

Congratulations to the rest of you guys!! Woo hoo!!!!

Well done to everyone getting calls today and hopefully for the next few days.
    Fo, do you know what held Given1 up for so long? please tell me he wasn't waiting for his vetting for 2 years!!??

Good luck everyone who's hoping for a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

Well done to yas all!

It will be the mighty blues showing you around when you start, happy times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

hey guys thats blliant news for everyone. esp given 1 after his appeal and operation.

im bloody jealous as hell tho. hope to god i get the call today but ill just have to resign myself to waiting if i dont. oh well

yeah so pleased for Given 1! and so pleased for you other guys! WISH IT WAS ME!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Yay!!!!!! Well done you lot :D I am sooooo pleased for you. I love it when the board is buzzing with excitement. Would love to be able to join in but would need a miracle :o.

Have a nice weekend (like there's any doubt about that :D)

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Fermanagh Lad

Can't believe you guys were so accurate about the start date for the April phonecalls lol. Congrats to those of you who've already got the call. Fingers crossed for the rest of us :D

Oh my god, I knew I shouldn't hav checked this board today, I'm not gonna b able to leave my phone for one second! lol... :rolleyes:

I based my prediction on the last intake and was right! pat on the back for me!

Absolutely! High 5! :D

think i can count myself out of this intake. had a missed call from a witheld number, & when i called recruitment they said they hadnt been trying to contact me. think thats prob a good indication that i can expect a call for another intake:(

waawaa wrote: »
    think i can count myself out of this intake. had a missed call from a witheld number, & when i called recruitment they said they hadnt been trying to contact me. think thats prob a good indication that i can expect a call for another intake:(

Do they call all the ppl on the one day??:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

think i can count myself out these calls too :( im about 100 merit higher than kelz non rc :(

has ur vetting cleared nickni?

as far as i know its just the one day, unless people decline or defer....i hope im wrong.

waawaa wrote: »
    as far as i know its just the one day, unless people decline or defer....i hope im wrong.

Oh f! :( Ah well...

does anyone know how long it takes for our packs/letters to come through.. dont wanna hand my notice in until i have a letter of confirmation bout it....

its all so exciting !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement