Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Vokera Error Code

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi

I keep getting the following error code on my vokera 30HE boiler

Code
    AL 74

Cause
    Variation on tempeture of primary and/or return to high

Alarm Type
    Final

Action
    Reset, Check appliance operation, check pump, ensure there is sufficant circulation around heating system.

I have checked my pump there seems to be sufficant circulation

Any other suggestions>

Thanks

Marc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

are all the valves in the house to do with the heating open , are the rad valves open?

If you have two ntc thirmister you could try swapping them around to see if the same code comes up, if you get the same code then thermisters ok, if you have only one thirmister then replace it. It could be a dirty system, air in the boiler, i would try and get the temperature on the flow and return to see if you do have movement (you could always use your hand with boiler running from cold), Good luck, Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭f1_jb

First off how old is your boiler? If its not too old call Vokera

There is a part in the flow manifold that gets blocked and causes poor circulation giving this code. As the manifold is brass and the bi pass within the manifold is plastic they fitted a piece of metal to keep it in place which looks like expanded metal which is in a V shape, what can happen is dirt in the system over time traps in this and causes this code. Boiler needs to be drained to sort this, 10 minute job if good access to the boiler.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Thanks John for your response, the boiler is about 2 years old fitted to a 6 year old system, I spoke with Vokera and the engineer did mention about a gauze filter that could be blocked and recent activity would point to this been blocked up as when I switch back on a booster pump the system ran for much longer before getting this code again, I have easy access to the boiler. Is the filter in the flow manifold or up above it.

Thanks

Marc

When you have the casing off the boiler the manifold is located below the pump. There is a copper pipe off the right side going back up trough the casing into the burner compartment.

You will have to drain theboiler before removing this pipe. The isolation valves under the boiler will mean you only need to drain the boiler. There is a bleed nipple on the manifold to drain the boiler it might have a short clear plastic tube attached to it if not then there should be a tube off the bleed nipple on top of th boiler you can use, thats if the installer left it with the boiler.

Once the pressure is gone trough the drain nipple just loosen the vent nipple on top of the boiler and the rest of the water will drain off, then you can remove the pipe from the bottom you will get a small drop of water but nothing much. Just be carefull not to lose the washers when you remove the pipe.

The gauze filter is in the manifold and take note of the way it is fitted and push it back the same way. Assemble in reverse and don't over tighten the joints and it should be ok then. Open the valves and vent the boiler trough the top bleed nipple and it should be fine then.

Hope this helps you as it not too difficult to do and will save you a call out.

John

• Advertisement

Thanks John will give it a try over the weekend

John,

Took the filter out and it was clean, checked circulation and it seems fine! I put some sentinal x400 in the system today to see if that helps I will flush it tomorrow, but in the meantime I am still getting the same error.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Marc

Some of the boilers have thesame type of filter up in th air seperator at the top of the flow pipe from the heat exchange, it's a silver cylinder shape on the end of the pipe on the right hand side of the heat exchanger.

It's a silly place to have it as there's no access to it at all. If you don't get any improvement then ring Vokea 0567755055 and kick up hell, tell them you paid a plumber to come out and flush the system, clean the filter you cleaned and so on, if you make enough noise they will do it for free which they should do as there is no refferance to the filters in any manuals. I konw that if the system was properly flushed this wouldn't have happened but far too many plumbers out there too lazy to do the job right.

Advertisement