Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whirlpool American Fridge/Freezer - Display Gone Crazy!

• 09-02-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

As per the title, my fridge freezer has gone mad. The display is flashing various lights erratically. It does it for a few minutes and then stops. After a further few minutes it starts acting up again. It's under warranty so I'll obviously make a phone call tomorrow.

In the mean time, has anyone come across this before and is there a quick fix? I know I'm clutching at straws but it's worth the question.........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

An update on this.

I finally got my finger out and called Whirlpool. Apparently it's two printed circuit boards that are at fault. The engineer seemed familiar with the problem. He's coming out on Friday next to repair it.

Decent service I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

For a bit of balance type "Whirlpool" into this forum search. I have a post here.

You don't sound as unlucky as me who lost €90 worth of food to the problem which is very common to their American Fridge.

A professional company would pro-actively replace before it goes.

I personally would advise anybody against Whirlpool purchase, based on their 8-year warranty, which does not include labour (sky's the limit) after year 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I see your point.

However, I can only quote my own experiences.

The guy came out on the Friday in question at the time arranged. He replaced the display panel and a circuit board at the rear of the fridge. He also replaced a solenoid relating to the ice crusher as they are known to give trouble - there was nothing wrong with mine but he replaced it 'just in case'. The whole repair took less than 30mins and was all covered under warranty. So basically, my impression of the Whirlpool aftersales service is that it is quite good.

Advertisement