Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local news for local people!

• 09-02-2009 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Just noticed this on radiowaves, a site where I see the natives have had to have this explained...
    Top four stories on Cork 96fm's website -

-Classmates of a schoolboy murdered on a railway line near Coleraine have provided detectives with fresh leads in the investigation.

- A man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for his part in a sectarian attack in Londonderry which left a father-of-one in a coma.

- Business Secretary Peter Mandelson has pledged government support for Northern Ireland in the face of growing concerns over the economy.

- Temperatures dipped as low as minus 6 in parts of Northern Ireland on Thursday night, making driving conditions treacherous

Two further stories added today, the earliest of which begins "Police investigating the murder of a German backpacker whose body was found in a County Antrim forest 20 years ago want to speak to a number of women."

here are Dublin Q102's top news stories on their website....

09:41 Castletroy Hotel to begin hiring
    09:37 Kenny says "Use Fine Gael plan"
    09:30 Limerick Red Cross honoured
    17:17 Limerick break-in investigated

The Castletroy Hotel incidentally is in Limerick.

Tonight's top stories on the same site begin thus....
    18:30 Limk man gets 3 yrs for sex assault
    18:28 Green all the way in Limerick
    18:26 Gardai crucial to end knife crime (It`s hoped a new awareness campaign on knife crime will help save lives on Limerick city streets.)
    15:04 Gardai probe fires (Investigations are underway into a number of fires in Limerick city early this morning)

THE WEATHER

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to do, are you sharing information or just trying to take the píss out of radiowaves?

If it's the former, thanks, I suppose.
    If it's the latter, shouldn't you be telling them that you think their users are stupid on their own board rather than this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Saw the post on radiowaves, and it made sense. Like 2fivers, I don't have a clue what point you're trying to make here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is it that radio stations in Cork and Dublin, have news stories about NI and Limerick, instead of news about their own locale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Yes, in the UTV owned stations case,it's all down to the stations being indebted to their Ulster based owners for information, or just not paying attention to the feeds.

I just couldnt fathom why there was a reference in the initial post to 'natives not understanding'. Just seemed a bit unnecessary to bring the users of another forum into it for no apparent reason other than to have a dig at them..

Advertisement