Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming of having to take exams and being totally unprepared

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

This is pretty much all I dream about - two or three nights a week I dream I have an exam the next day - college exams that I am totally unprepared for - as in haven't opened a book, and I'm fretting big time what the hell am I going to do. It's a bit strange as my last exam was 15 years ago, but the amount of times I've woken up and wondered o sh1t have I a big exam coming up. Its a bit of a pain in the ass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 talloow

Im at 6th form so I have had that for my real exams in Jan but for you? hmm do yo believe dreams have meanings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

well I believe dreams are a good indicator of whats going on in your life and whether you are worried about things but these particular dreams don't really fit in with that - don't know why I have them so often, though when I was taking exams I wasn't really too well prepared lol but not as bad as what i dream about - but that was so long ago i should really have left that long behind

Maybe you havent left that behind? Are you happy with life at the moment especially work stuffs? If not, maybe you are thinking to where it all may have started?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭4arc

I've had this dream for years about going back to Leaving Cert without having enough time to study for the exams!

After much consideration (bearing in mind i done very well in my LC) I put this down to wanting to go back and change my path in life, was kinda unhappy about what i studied in college. I saw the LC as the biggest influencing factor in determining my future. Also put it down to feeling a bit unprepared for life in the real world (after college), wanting to start again but just not having enough time.

I think its a pretty common dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Happens to me all the time too. Always economics...and im out of college about 12 years.

I hated that class in college. Class was on a Friday morning and i must have missed every second one :o. I always dream i turn up for the exam and I'm not allowed to sit it, or there's some major assignment i didn't hand in and again, i'm not allowed to sit the exam. Worst one i guess is looking at the exam paper and not being able to even read it let alone attempt it.

I put it down to a fear of failure. I hate to lose at anything...ever.

Jesus, it's such a relief to wake up isn't it :D

You are definitely not alone!

• Advertisement

Im doing Economics at 6th form, applied to continue it at Uni and not liking it as much as I did! Did you continue with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

talloow wrote: »
    Im doing Economics at 6th form, applied to continue it at Uni and not liking it as much as I did! Did you continue with it?

Economics was only one class for me. Marketing, Accountancy, HR, Economics, Jesus, i forget half of them :o. I didn't do it in secondary school, so i found it tough and could have used twice the lectures. I just didn't like the schedule or the lecturer too much to be honest.

I finished my course, i had to repeat 2 in second year, amazingly economics wasn't one of them. When it came to thesis time, wouldn't you just know it was that lecturer we had as our tutor, typical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have this dream all the time also. Its either Leaving Cert Irish coming up, and I have not been to class all term, or 2nd year college Business Law which I don't even have any books for.

I assume the dream is referencing the fact I was a terrible student and it almost mirrors reality - I barely attended college lectures, hence a commendable fauilure record, and I pretty much slept through pass Irish for leaving cert. And that was in 1997. I guess it is the regret in me now that I have a mundane job and have absolutely zero qualifications which causes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 confoosed

mayb ur just over tired nd over stressed. i get those kinda dreams wen im stressed abt college work - even just for tutorials. one nite it was so bad i just kept sayin things over nd over in my head dat i was learnin for da next day. nxt time i dreamed i didnt kno anythin. it was awful. i put it down to been overstressed nd havin loads of work 2 do at da time. i got over it nd its all better now:D

Advertisement