Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent flights required

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,
    not sure if this is the correct place for this.
    My cousin was in a plane crash in New Zealand yesterday and died, he lives in Nelson.My mother wants to go over to her sister who obviously hasnt taken well to this. I am looking for the quickest and cheapest if possible way to get out there. Does anybody know any websites that may be usefull.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

definitely check out qantas and jetstar, cathay pacific as well ive used low-cost.

i usually travel with student/budget airlines, so i don't think i can help too much with that bit...

really sorry to hear about your cousin man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Sorry to hear about your cousin.

It might be work going to a travel agent (maybe Austravel?) explaining your situation and tell them you want the cheapest and quickest way. They'll give you a few options with different airlines and stopovers. I think it's worth doing that to take some of the stress out of what must be a difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

austravel, in my experience, wont necessarily find you the cheapest. i know i booked iwth them the second time i came over, and said i wanted the cheapest, and i could do with a few hours inconvenience if it saved a few euros... i had to ask them to specifically include qantas in their search, and after i'd done that, they managed to find a flight that was nearly €600 cheaper than their original search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 juju40

sorry about your loss.i was checking for my son recently and found asia air very cheap,they might be the way to go.good luck and god bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alfin

Check with USIT in dublin. Sorry about your loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

I am very sorry to hear about your cousin, my deepest sympathies are with you and your family.

My husbands family lives in Nelson. Last time I went - I used Club Travel (Cindy Stein Tel: 5005577 email : cstein@clubtravel.ie - she was very very helpful) - flew Dublin Frankfurt Singapore Christchurch Nelson. I prefer Frankfurt to Heathrow as it is less 'manic'.. I few Aerlingus toFrankfurt and it was Singapore Airlines to NZ. HTH. kind regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dazf

Thank you to all that posted.
    We managed to get tickets for 1300 euro....we flew dublin london hong kong auckland nelson.....way back via La
    Thanks again

Advertisement