Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance - is my laptop covered?

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a standard MultiTrip policy from Hibernian Aviva. Is my laptop covered if I bring this on holidays with me? Is it covered against accidental damage:? Theft? Loss?

Does travel insurance generally cover such things?

I'm aware that my individual policy may be different and I have emailed them looking for an answer but I'm hoping people can share their general experences with me.

Thanks

Comments

The Hibernian policy is underwritten by ACE European Group Limited

I think that this is the policy wording :

https://www.acesecure.co.uk/common/docs/ir/policywording/2008/ACE_IR_%20HealthCoverPlus_PolicyWording_2008(b).pdf

Have a look at the exclusions on Personal Property on page 18. It would appear that PCs are not covered.

Perhaps it might be possible to include it under the 'All Risks' Section of your House Insurance policy(?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't have house insurance (someone else looks after all that). I spoke to the insurance company earlier and they confirmed the same.

I need to get some travel insurance for my laptop. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Try travelcover.ie, there will be an excess and an extra premium to pay and you will need to read the t&cs. All risks would be a better option.

Advertisement