Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird high efficiency oil burners

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

Im going to be installing a new oil burner soon and I was wondering if there is a big difference between the standard firebird burners (around 700 - 800 Euro) and the high efficiency firebird burners (1100 - 1200 euros)??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

As a plumber installing these systems i would say yes it is worth the extra money as it is more efficent saving you money in its life time, most of the burners iv put in recently are high efficency it is worth the extra money in my opinion;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

the high efficiency ones are usually "Condensing oil burners"
    v the standard one. The diff is that the condensing one re-uses the heat in the exhaust air to heat the water. its exhaust then resembles smoke coming out of wall vent and has no wasted heat dispensed into air.
    I have one at home. Dont worry when you see this smoke/steam like plume. thats the way it works.

Its probably at least 8-10% more efficient v standard so that a saving at curemt oil prices for a small bit extra on burner.

p

Advertisement