Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dj equipment repair?

• 09-02-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

wassup chaps and chapettes,

i have a vestax pmc-170a mixer that has something like a "frazzled" circut board for using cd decks...brand new cd decks work in 'stereo' on one line only (otherwise the sound only comes out through one channel - think it's 'left')...whereas vinyl works fine....?

friend has looked it over, taken it apart, says it needs some sort of repair/replacing of circut boards but need to know of a decent repairer who won't skank or rip off? OR...is it going to be a lost cause and would be cheaper to buy new?

any tips or points in the right direction would be dandy!

thanks muchly...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭KEN.G

Not sure what your mixer is worth but head to http://www.aquariussound.ie/ for a price and I know this has been said may times before but stay well clear of them **** in sounds around: just incase you didnt know already;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

ok not to insult your intelligence but could you give me a better explanation of the problem?

Im reading it that vinyl/turntables work fine but that the CD decks are giving trouble where as one works perfect but the other is not coming out in stereo?

I presume you have checked the basics i.e the phono to phono cable coming from the CD decks to the line in on the mixer?

Also try swapping the left and right CD decks around to see if the problem persists or that the problem is not with the CD deck itself.

the problem could also be with the actual phono connector block on the rear of the mixer try plugging the turntable into the line in (turn your amp sound down!) and play a record it will be distorted but if it comes out in stereo you know the block is fine.

Advertisement