Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper piping

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi all,

I've got a question about copper piping in concrete. The copper piping in my house is coming to the radiators from beneath the concrete floor. Is it ok to have the copper piping buried in the concrete like this? Someone told me that the concrete would "eat" the copper after a while??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yes concrete is corrosive to copper piping i just repaired a pipe yesterday that was damaged in this way, modern practice would be to put insulation around any pipe that was going to be buried in this way and bring the insulation cut the insultation to floor level in a old house sometimes you never know what your about to uncover

Advertisement