Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo Wars! Yay or Nay

• 09-02-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

I downloaded the demo and i thought it was....

BRILLIANT.

reminds me of age of the empires, and seems to be fare better than that command and conquer shìte.

Will you get it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Should have made this a poll.

Nope, I won't be getting it. Was never intending to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

rizzla wrote: »
    Should have made this a poll.
    True but oh well
    rizzla wrote: »
    Nope, I won't be getting it. Was never intending to either.
    wasnt intending to either until i played the demo.

i recommend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah, played the demo. Thought it was meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Most definitely yay. Love the Skirmish mode on the demo, to be fair I think the two levels of campaign on the demo are probably some of the shortest and easiest, so the entire game should be really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

RTS on consoles never worked before so unless they've dramatically change the controls i prob wont be getting it.... love halo but not gonna p*ss the hell out of myself tryng to control differnt units.... pc is the way to go for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Still downloading this.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but eircom's download speed for media seems to have bottomed out since their "landmark decision" to clamp down on piracy.

Youtube, xbox, all seem to be a lot slower. Could just be something else though, but it took me nearly an hour to download 5%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RTS on consoles never worked before so unless they've dramatically change the controls i prob wont be getting it.... love halo but not gonna p*ss the hell out of myself tryng to control differnt units.... pc is the way to go for this game.
    I thought the same but HW is pretty damn easy to control.

Must give the demo another bash tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Playing the full retail version at the minute and it's good. I was never really a fan of rts on consoles but this is a good stab at it.

The AofE guys are behind it and it shows - I'm 50/50 on weather I like the way the bases are built etc maybe it will grow on me after a while.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Playing the full retail version at the minute and it's good. I was never really a fan of rts on consoles but this is a good stab at it.

The AofE guys are behind it and it shows - I'm 50/50 on weather I like the way the bases are built etc maybe it will grow on me after a while.

ah i dunno i might download the demo jst give it a try im still open for giving it a chance....

thing is i feel with it being xbox360 only its to get more hardcore xbox gamers back onto their xbox and off their pc's and maybe a few ps fans onto xbox as thy could play halo on their pc with and with the constant battle with sony this would be a small victory as new ps halo fans will wanna play it and the genre of rts on consoles need something remarkable to work and with halo having the fans and and backstory it could well do it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm a big fan of the AoE games on PC so i think I'll download the demo and see how it takes me. Never been a fan of command and conquer games though.

A good RTS played on the couch would be good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Macker14717

nay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Hyzepher wrote: »

did you get the limited edition version? probably not if its a review copy just wondering :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Nay, the demo seemed too one-demensional and there didn't seem to be much depth. I'll check out reviews when the full release hits but I can't see myself ever buying this. Maybe in a couple years when it's in the bargain bins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

neilk32 wrote: »
    did you get the limited edition version? probably not if its a review copy just wondering :D

Just the normal version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Love the story and the cutscences but thought nothing special of the game itself. Too difficult to micromanage your forces and I wanted to zoom in a lot more and see the action.

djkeogh wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of the AoE games on PC so i think I'll download the demo and see how it takes me. Never been a fan of command and conquer games though.

A good RTS played on the couch would be good though

you can play an RTS on the couch.... laptop :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I can't find it on the market place! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Keggers wrote: »
    I can't find it on the market place! :(

Really? Its been advertised all over the place. Go to Xbox.com and add it to your DL queue alternatively.

Yay BTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

My xbox market place is WEIRD! It doesn't show half the stuff is should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm not sure if it is a great game or not but there is a pretty easy competition here.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Yay, I used to be a big RTS gamer a few years ago but the time requirements and keeping up with pc tech saw me drop away. This game is certainly not as deep as its pc counterparts but for some quick RTS fun it seems ideal... I'll be picking this up on day 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I think I will wait to see what people think of the multiplayer. I dont have any interest in campaign RTS or offline skirmish

Advertisement