Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM104, Anyone listening?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

It's the Adrian Kennedy show and people are talking utter bollocks? I don't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

God old radio, a place where you can talk the worst rubbish to the masses without fear of your face being recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

When I got home they were talking about taxis... I'm disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

kiffer wrote: »
    When I got home they were talking about taxis...

Atheist taxis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Galvasean wrote: »
    Atheist taxis?

We could put slogans on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Or we could hire militant out of work atheists to be the drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SilkySmooth

it's shame they couldn't get anybody on to properly argue against the buses.i'm not fond of them myself. i think some bus driver in england refused to drive one with the poster on it, fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

What do you think is wrong with the advert Silky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

it's shame they couldn't get anybody on to properly argue against the buses.i'm not fond of them myself. i think some bus driver in england refused to drive one with the poster on it, fair play to him.
    Would a bus sporting a religious ad be acceptable? Somehow I can't see people causing a fuss over a "Jesus Loves You" bus.

Overblood wrote: »
    What do you think is wrong with the advert Silky?

I just find it a bit patronising. it seems to imply if you believe in god that you dont enjoy your life.
    fitz0 wrote: »
    Would a bus sporting a religious ad be acceptable? Somehow I can't see people causing a fuss over a "Jesus Loves You" bus.

Nonsense. sure wern't these ads started in retaliation to religious advertisments?

I think we should let go of the idea that the religious are dominating people and pushing their views on people. It was the case in the past, but not so much anymore ( with the exception of bible-bashers, etc)

sure i saw a thread in this forum around christmas time giving out about religious christmas stamps- that's tolerance for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

If they were started as a response to religious ads all the more reason to question why they are unacceptable to so many people.
    I find it annoying that the religious types can have an ad put on a bus with nary a word but an atheist slogan on a bus? Oh the horror! How DARE they? Putting something like that on our buses teaching our kids such things.

fitz0 wrote: »
    If they were started as a response to religious ads all the more reason to question why they are unacceptable to so many people.
    I find it annoying that the religious types can have an ad put on a bus with nary a word but an atheist slogan on a bus? Oh the horror! How DARE they? Putting something like that on our buses teaching our kids such things.

Well, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander and all that. i'd prefer if neither religious ads nor atheists ads were on buses, to be honest. it's up to parents to teach their kids about religion or atheism,etc. Not the side of a bus.

Advertisement