Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedfest

Options
  • 10-02-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to it or working at it?
    It will be my first one :)
    Hearing wiiildly mixed reports. Should be great craic though I reckon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Have never been but often considered it!

When is it on? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Last weekend in Feb starting the Thurs, but they sold out so fast that they're doing it all again ("mark 2") the following weekend!
    Tickets at tedfest.org still for 2nd one I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MacÚisten

So if I get it right this is a little festival all in honour of Father Ted?
    Don't know what to think of it but it must be compleet maddness:D

Cheers

It is complete madness, but it has grown. People come from feckin Finland and Japan for it. It is bigger than the festival itself, there is a big online community apparently, a foundation, and more to come.

They lost a few big money sponsors this year but decided to do it anyway, fair play, I think it will be even better now that creativity has to be cranked up even more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 supershazf

i am going to the second one i think there are still tickets left for it. nothing sorted for it in the line of dressing up as somthing,anyone have any ideas for me?cheap and cheerful of course....any one going to the second one 6th march-8th march??

• Advertisement

I'll be at both :)
    Won't stay the first whole weekend tho..
    2nd will likely be chiller and smoother (don't know yet if that's good or bad!).

The usual festy advice..I'd go to the 2nd hand shop an find something you like and THEN connect it to an episode :) (lazy way). Get something you can wander around the fest in.
    It's all well and good being a teapot until the door to the pub is too narrow! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sounds like good craic. I take it the 150euro per person ticket includes ferry and accomodation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Nope.
    The Ferry is €15 return. You have to book your own accomodation too. I'm pretty sure there is no accomodation left for the 1st weekend.

This will be my first one.
    Has anyone who has been before got any advice on what to bring (other than my sense of adventure!).
    Is there an off-licence on the island? Or should we bring all the booze we need?
    Also, are people dressed up 24/7, or just at night time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

150 euro is steep for a weekend on an island considering that's just entry to a field tbh

There's a Spar on the Island which I know sells wine etc. tbh i'd bring some drink with you incase

I am actually doing a bit of work at it (disclaimer:not part of the organisers tho! :p), it's my first time at it but one of my mates lives on Aran. 15 smackers is a very discounted rate for the ferry (is that incl bus?) as it is normally 25+. I'm surprised though that it isn't included in the ticket.
    Accommodation, yeah, some people do it on different budgets, that's why it wasn't built in to the price originally I think. Some people do 30 to a cottage:p and others get a double at the hotel.
    I am fairly sure there are at least 2 catered meals included in that price, a picnic thingy and a breakfast. There IS entry to more things than a field for sure, events and music all through the weekend day and night that are ticketed for ticketholders. That being said, I am almost positive there'll be 'fringe' craic going on. Accommodation is what I'd be sure of in case it's p*ssing

• Advertisement

Glad to report there was MIGHTY craic there today! Lots of comedy drunkenness, a bit of nakedness and cavortin' (and no smashin' things - yet - so they're unlikely to discuss banning it on Joe Duffy:p).
    Hope it continues to go well and that the 2nd weekend is even better!! Gwan Gwan Gwan!

Advertisement