Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portraits c&c

• 10-02-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Cant take full credit for these as the setup was someone elses (thanks carl) but happy with results....

3268063080_da95a9c8a8.jpg

3268015516_b40185d5d6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

You have added a pic!! My comments were aimed at pic #2
    Not a portrait expert but the black background doesn't work for me...
    Also would like to see her face features clearer, not sure if this is because the pic you supplied is too small or else it's there's just not enough detail.
    The model also doesn't seem natural enough, it seems a very forced pose.
    I would also crop a wee bit from the top.
    Hope you appreciate my honesty Fergus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭al_

I cant see the first one,
    2nd one suffers from alien arm though, there is a lot of space above the head, not enough to make it a feature but too much to make the composition pleasing, id suggest cropping.
    Too much distracting forearm showing from the girls right-arm and something that looks like it could be the top of a long glove, but as we cant see anymore of it, its just a distraction.
    All that aside, youre on the right track with the lighting, maybe a reflector on the girls right to bring a little detail back into her hair woulda made the difference.
    Hope that doesnt sound too negative...
    Al

I can see picture 1 now.. The lighting is too flat for me and the facial expression is less than flattering. needs a reflector or two to add some dimension to it.

OKAY!!
    #1 now...
    Is far better than #2, model seems more composed and natural, this crop may be a bit too tight and the blacks/shadows too much on the top left hand side.
    Would like to see more life in her eyes, I do love the hands on neck pose though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am sorry but I see a lot of tension and nervousnes from both pictures. More time and more talking would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

It was at a camera club and we had only a few minutes each, I hear where you are coming from though, most of the comment so far has been critical but with suggestions how to improve (apart from Ar of course who is just a narky sod ;))

• Advertisement

That was me in generous form! It takes guts to do critical c&c in the 1st reply, especially to a sexy chain smoking mate.

Advertisement