Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An old Blue Tit

• 10-02-2009 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

A dead Blue Tit was found in my garden today, but it had a ring.

It was ringed in my garden in Feb 2002!
    It was a juvenile then so born in 2001. I've googled that there are reports of Blue Tits living as long as 15 years, but still, 8 years is a long life. Always thought that about 4-5 years was as long as could be expected.

I have reported recovery to BTO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Thats great going alright - According to the below chart the average age is only 1.5 - obviously accounting for all the deaths as chicks

Species Average (years) Oldest (years)
    Blackbird 2.4 20
    Blue Tit 1.5 21
    Robin 1.1 12
    Starling 2.5 22

Poor Robin's !!

Interesting to see the results of a quick google search - all wildly vary in terms of Maximum age...

Advertisement