Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would the world be a more peaceful place if Jesus was alive today?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

What? Bono's retiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

No. He'd be too busy posting in PI about how to deal with his Mum having a bastard son while being married to his father who is probably rightly pissed off or bitching on AH that all the poles tuck his carpentry jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Everyone would think he's crazy, I mean the second coming is already here, Sun Myung Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

He'll be playing for the new york yankees if he was around today

(webcomic reference ftw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He would be fighting the Atheists...

BTW, this movie is great, had me in stitches when I saw it the first time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Praise hell Satan
    It's amazing how many atheists there are in Ireland these days. You would almost think it was geographically determined.
    Mark200 wrote: »
    People will always find a reason to kill each other. If it's not over religion, then it'll be over who is the better atheist or who grows the nicest flowers in their front garden. The death of religion won't be the death of many of the wars, they'll still happen but under a different label.
    I think the irony is delicious, that this man that supposedly preached peace has caused the most destruction in the history of the world through religious conflict brought about by the Christian Church :rolleyes:

I don't see why people spout this myth about Christianity causing a lot of bloodshed. Most people, if pressed, can't think of anything more recent than the crusades. The vast majority of wars in history have been not due to religion, but access to resources. The amount of wars, and war dead, has significantly increased over the past three centures, when Christianity has been in decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Húrin wrote: »
    It's amazing how many atheists there are in Ireland these days. You would almost think it was geographically determined.

I don't see why people spout this myth about Christianity causing a lot of bloodshed. Most people, if pressed, can't think of anything more recent than the crusades. The vast majority of wars in history have been not due to religion, but access to resources. The amount of wars, and war dead, has significantly increased over the past three centures, when Christianity has been in decline.
    *cough* The Crusades?The Troubles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Praise hell Satan
    Jesus rhymes with small penis.

The Gospel according the arsewise of the Corinthians

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He wouldn't be going to Israel to sort them out - he had enough trouble there the last time! Yep, he'll definitely be CROSSing that place off his list of places to go and people to see. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Praise hell Satan
    he may need help from this guy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭twinytwo

No
    It would be classed as the worlds biggest infidel and a jihad would be started just for him... plus the pope would lose his job:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Jesus is just a spanish boy's name

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

He would probably have won the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Praise hell Satan
    *cough* The Crusades?The Troubles?
    That's just a ridiculous argument.
    The troubles were about nationality (a secular 19th century ideology). The guys who were bombing the place were not the people going to Mass every Sunday. It only claimed 3,000 lives, which is pretty small compared to the 80 million killed in the two world wars, and 100 million killed by communist regimes. The facts speak for themselves: the horror of war has increased exponentially since Christianity began to decline.

Advertisement