Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] Phone & Broadband package billing question

Options
  • 10-02-2009 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Got the bill in today 92e for my bb package and line rental. Is this right? As far as i was concerned i had signed up for bb incl line rental for 55 or something. Anyway 30 was call the vat bringing it up to 155 mark. Think this is quite expensive. I use the net for xboxlive and general surfing. And we have a bundle that gives us cheap calls to the north and england. Would i be better trying to switch bb providers to see if its cheaper. Have this package since nov will i be charged for breaking 12month contract. I didnt sign anything. And how would i go about negotiating this price. Need a phone line for sky also.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You might want to give more details, such as who did you get the package with exactly what plan did you subscribe to as otherwise people can only guess and nobody can properly assist you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Oh right its with eircom 3mb package i think. Will have to call them anyway see whats going on. Dont know many other providers out there. Dont need tv + broadband bundles as i have sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

this is normal

your first bill will be high as they will charge you for 2 months + they charge for how long you had it before they sent the bill

example....

you get a normal bill start of start of nov
    you get bb during november
    your bill in janurary will charge you for 2 months in advance +for the over 1 month of bb you have just had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Hold on a min. It was oct i got it. Duh! Think it showed in nov bill tho. Quite dear when ye consider whats out there. Plus had no probs wi eircom. Just looking for an excuse de save. But shouldnt the line rental be included in bb price ' as far as i knew at the time it wud have been 15e etra on top of line rental fr bb. Im prob wrong here

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've edited this thread so people will; have a better idea what it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

your in a 12 month contract so your stuck for now

as for the high bill, eircom only send a bill every 2 months so if your bb and line rental bundle is 60e per month, then your bill is going to be e120 before you make a call

+ e30 of calls made in 2 months is spot on €150

Advertisement