Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door saddle removal

Options
  • 10-02-2009 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi,
    I have a new build and wish to put laminate flooring in the guest room which has a door saddle. I then have porcelain tiles in the hall and i am wondering how to tackle removing the door saddle before i put down any tiles or flooring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

try a crowbar or an old screwdriver to lever it up

it might come up leaving the nails behind and you can remove them then. then renail it after when you are done

but to be honest the saddle could split before that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Do you intend to leave the door saddle off, after tiling?

If so, check the length of the door as there may be a large gap at the bottom, allowing for a sadle.

I've seen two different timber floors meet under a door - looked very well, as closed door hid joint. ( Both solid timber floors were biscuit jointed together)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I put in new saddles in the same situation as I think it looks better when the door is open. Can you not just tile up to the saddle board and then use a step down trim to bring the laminate floor down to the saddle?

Advertisement