Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] some sites not working

Options
  • 10-02-2009 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

anyone here have problems getting into

www.youtube.com

www.thegreenbutton.com

i'm on eircom bb, but not sure if problem is my opendns servers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Eircom seems to be screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Yeah, there are slow speeds and connectivity issues effecting nearly the entire network right now. No use calling, it will be fixed soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

since the OP says he's using opendns servers we know its not a Eircom DNS issue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

With eircom and we've been having connection issues all day. Can connect to some sites but not others... like eircom.net!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Google.ie .com .uk .au and gmail are all unavailable to me atm
    I think it is eircom's dns that ius screwed again,I have been having slow issues all day but not as bad as in the last hour

Edit just got back into gmail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Eircom tech support say its an issue with a router in London. It was fixed, but it broke again just before 16.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

:mad:Really slow here, getting loads of time outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Theres some advice on this thread on changing your dns settings......

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055469187

I switched to Eircoms old one and it seems to be fine.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58719671&postcount=42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Eircom tech support say its an issue with a router in London. It was fixed, but it broke again just before 16.30.

So a router goes down in London and their DNS servers stop working... Typical eircom.. place a broken router back into the rack :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

homepage.eircom.net/~<usersname>/ are working but www.eircom.net isn't loading

EDIT UPDATE
    www.eircom.net working now but VERY slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Still seems to be up and down. It's odd though. I moved to Opendns, which is better, but still having probs with accessing some sites (like google blog search).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah having problems with gmail, google, eircom.net, last.fm to name a few, and im working in a net cafe. we're losing customers here thank you very much eircom :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

tell everyone to goto http://www.websiteproctor.com/

and type in any website they want in that, not brillaint, but working for me all day

edit or http://208.77.19.244/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Cabaal wrote: »
    since the OP says he's using opendns servers we know its not a Eircom DNS issue :)
    In space no one can hear you scream...

its working now

lynchie wrote: »
    So a router goes down in London and their DNS servers stop working... Typical eircom.. place a broken router back into the rack :eek:

emmm, i might be wrong, but i'd imagine that its looked after by a different company

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

mukki wrote: »
    its working now

emmm, i might be wrong, but i'd imagine that its looked after by a different company

Why do you think that? Oh do share.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Well, that might the case for some sites, but no google, gmail or youtube, because they are on INEX :), so is Eircom and I believe they are peering.

As for the thing in London, yes, Eircom seems to have (or has had) trouble with one carrier. Looks to be them only though.

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

my dsl keeps failing, am getting red light on router, ive changed router, same thing
    damn u eircom all evening, and for a bit yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

BOBBY wrote: »
    my dsl keeps failing, am getting red light on router, ive changed router, same thing
    damn u eircom all evening, and for a bit yesterday

Wait for a dry day, find the local eircom box on the curb, tape it up with self-amalgaming tape and you'll never have those issues again :)

/M

• Advertisement

java wrote: »
    Why do you think that? Oh do share.

I couldn't be arsed

sorry

Advertisement