Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Chinese

Options
  • 10-02-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Which one is everyone favourite? :D
    China Garden, Balbriggan

This takeaway was closed it was found to be "soiled with food debris, oil drip, residue and extraneous matter".

There floors were "very soiled with blood drip", meat was sitting under equipment and "a mop that was heavily soiled and stained with blood drip was used to clean the floors of the entire premises".

Hot water was neither constant nor instantaneous and food utensils were so dirty that they were causing "a real risk in food contamination".

Even the cloths being used to clean work surfaces were heavily soiled and torn.

The closure order stood from September 22 to October 7.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/going-out-for-a-meal-tonight-watch-out-for-the-rat-droppings-1633468.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Golden Wok is probably the best I reckon.
    Really nice Singapore noodles, won ton, Mongolian beef and the best curry sauce too, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I don't trust any Chinese, or any take-away for that matter, where I can't see the food being cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Helmet wrote: »
    Golden Wok is probably the best I reckon.
    Really nice Singapore noodles, won ton, Mongolian beef and the best curry sauce too, yum!
    They'll be opening a sit down soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Bluetonic wrote: »
    China Garden, Balbriggan

This takeaway was closed it was found to be "soiled with food debris, oil drip, residue and extraneous matter".

There floors were "very soiled with blood drip", meat was sitting under equipment and "a mop that was heavily soiled and stained with blood drip was used to clean the floors of the entire premises".

Hot water was neither constant nor instantaneous and food utensils were so dirty that they were causing "a real risk in food contamination".

Even the cloths being used to clean work surfaces were heavily soiled and torn.

nasty!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I like Eatzens food,prices are also good.
    I like golden wok too,their soup is definitely the best of them all.

As for China Garden eugghhh,never noticed it was closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

I can remember a few years back when we where building above a laundret with a Chinesse Takeaway next door over in Stilorgan, we where working up on the roof over looking the Take aways garden and they have a reed basket full of whole cooked chickens defrosting out in the sun. Yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

bikki wrote: »
    I can remember a few years back when we where building above a laundret with a Chinesse Takeaway next door over in Stilorgan, we where working up on the roof over looking the Take aways garden and they have a reed basket full of whole cooked chickens defrosting out in the sun. Yummy

Ah, jumbo's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Midnight Sun

Don't get take away very often but have always found Eatzen to be pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

China Garden 3in1 >>>>>>>>>> All other Chinese 3in1's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

China Garden 3in1 >>>>>>>>>> All other Chinese 3in1's

Did you read the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

dubmick wrote: »
    Did you read the OP?

Your forgetting that once a place is closed down by environmental health, they pretty much have to be in the best of shape to re-open. I would have no problem eating there. At least you know its clean, albeit possibly just for now.

dubmick wrote: »
    Did you read the OP?

Yes I did, sure it's only a bit of dirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Havent any strong allegience to any of the Chinese take aways - I've used all of them - but I have to say I have no problem with China Garden. I imagine, by the number of people there any time I am in there, that it is the most popular in the town for take away. As someone else said - maybe its better to go to one which has already been visited by the health authorities:)

Anyway I am now on a healthy eating/money saving regime so I won't be visiting any of them in the next while!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

the new one at dunnes is fine

the new one at dunnes is fine

Worst chicken balls in the town though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Feis garden in Castle mill all the way-great service-unique spicy prawn crackers and a class curry!!!

Advertisement